The Mass Effect Series

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Nah. The indoctrination theory was widely received with praise. I’m not gonna spoil the details here but the theory really did well in explaining most of not all of the plot holes in part 3. The problem with the patched in ending that bioware put out months after release in response to the backlash, is that it didn’t address any of the problems people actually had with the ending.
To try to keep it spoiler free I’ll put it this way: the choices throughout the game change the journey, but in the end no matter what the outcome is the same. The ride was great, but once bioware parked the car it was obvious they got lazy and kicked us out and said “ok were finally here. Go”.

I watched the video below and the indoctrination theory seems legit, I guess. Honestly, I would have been okay with simply no star child and just final showdown with Harbinger.

At the end of the video, he did alluded to Bioware/EA trying to sell us a DLC for an epilogue. Wouldn't put it past them :dry: I would have probably bought it anyway :snoop:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
Nah Indoctrination Theory was pretty much a guaranteed slam dunk because fans came up with it. Literally all Bioware had to do was confirm and act upon it and they weren't even smart enough to do that. Play coy a couple months....then "admit" the ending was fake and Shepard was being indoctrinated by the Reapers, and the "real" ending is coming. Drop a short DLC where Shep is fighting off the mental control....where every character shows up to save him, have a fight with Harbinger....roll credits. Then drop the "Citadel" DLC and make it take place after the main game....literally every character has closure. Boom, "Mass Effect" is the undisputed GOAT game trilogy.

I've been gaming roughly 35 years and Bioware fukking up the ending of 3, and then refusing to take the out fans offered them is among the worst string of decisions I've ever seen in my life.

Fred.

:ohlawd:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man, fukk Bioware. The more I sit here and think about the "Mass Effect" series the angrier I get because the "best" ending for 3 had Shepard still alive but nobody knows he's alive, or where he is. So that's the last we'll ever see of what could've been one of the greatest characters in gaming history. fukking morons. fukk "Anthem" too.

Fred.

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
Mass Effect 2 is Jordan Status imo that's my top 5 game!
Edit: I hated how Knights of the old republic 2 ended..it ended sooo open ended rather than a good solid ending.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Whichever Mass Effect game you play, just remember, always choose Liara. :ohlawd:

After Shepard died she turned into a savage. I originally chose Ashley in ME 1 because I did Liara's mission last. After reading the comic about what she went through to get Shepard's body back from being sold to the Collectors. Then finding out she became an information broker strictly to get revenge on the Shadow Broker who tried to orchestrate the deal (and rescue her friend), I had to replay ME 1 just to romance Liara. She is bae for life. The Shadow Broker DLC is easily the best DLC if you romanced Liara; the writing, the romance interjections, the chase scene, and ultimately throwing hands with the Shadow Broker. It was easily one of the more rewarding experiences in all of Mass Effects.