The Mass Effect Series

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Got the trilogy coming in this weekend because of how much I'm liking Andromeda right now.

So far I'm not seeing how people don't like this game. I did pay $12 for it so that may be the reason, but It got me interested in the series. I hope this isn't the last game.

I guess I can think of it like the Saints Row series. A lot of people like 3 and 4 but as someone who came in at the very first game, 3 and 4 are absolute trash to me.

Hopefully EA/Bioware or whoever is making the game from now on learns from their mistakes. This series is to good to let go.

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
I want Bioware to make Jade Empire 2. That plot twist in part one had me like :gladbron:

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Got the trilogy coming in this weekend because of how much I'm liking Andromeda right now.

So far I'm not seeing how people don't like this game. I did pay $12 for it so that may be the reason, but It got me interested in the series. I hope this isn't the last game.

I guess I can think of it like the Saints Row series. A lot of people like 3 and 4 but as someone who came in at the very first game, 3 and 4 are absolute trash to me.

Hopefully EA/Bioware or whoever is making the game from now on learns from their mistakes. This series is to good to let go.

First 2 games reminded me way too much of GTA, try hard status was too much. :scust: So I played GTA 3 and San Andreas :blessed:. Played Saint's Row 3 & 4 and they tried to go hard in the opposite direction:mjlol: . Still didn't work for me.

I loved the Mass Effect series. It was amazing. But then EA had to be like "That's a nice series you got there, why don't we make some 'improvements' to it? :troll:" Only thing I hated was the Mako from the first game. I even liked the elevator loading screens. That ending in 3 was ass, tho. Had to wait for a DLC to fix it somewhat.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
since you like Witcher 3, I am going to strongly suggest you give Bethesda a chance. Fallout 3 and 4 (though not as good as 3), Oblivion, Skyrim are all great games.

I absolutely loved the Mass Effect trilogy. You gotta play from the beginning. it's amazing. 2 is probably the best (though some critics will say otherwise). The ending sucks in me3, but the journey to get there was a masterpiece :wow:

Also Dragon Age 1 is great. I played the second and third ones, and they got substantially worse. But dragon age 1 is an A+ experience

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Yall gotta play the Mass Effect Trilogy on PC with mods. It's a different experience altogether.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Mass Effect 3 would have been one of the greatest games of all time if Bioware actually went along with the "Indoctrination Theory".
That would've been received poorly, too, IMO

That was a band-aid to soften the blow of the real ending

Maybe I need to go over it again

I need that dying star storyline

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Try "Dragon's Dogma" too. The story is pretty weak but it's open world and the game play is :wow:

Fred.
:stopitslime:Just found out that remastered it a month ago for the 5 year anniversary instead of a DD2 announcement

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Nah. The indoctrination theory was widely received with praise. I’m not gonna spoil the details here but the theory really did well in explaining most of not all of the plot holes in part 3. The problem with the patched in ending that bioware put out months after release in response to the backlash, is that it didn’t address any of the problems people actually had with the ending.
To try to keep it spoiler free I’ll put it this way: the choices throughout the game change the journey, but in the end no matter what the outcome is the same. The ride was great, but once bioware parked the car it was obvious they got lazy and kicked us out and said “ok were finally here. Go”.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Garrus and Tali might be the best party members/arcs over a trilogy ever.

Liara was good, Ash/Kaiden were especially great if you made certain decisions, Wrex was a true breh and I'm physically disgusted by anyone who didn't treat him with respect :hhh:

Great game. Flawed as hell at times, but great.
Try "Dragon's Dogma" too. The story is pretty weak but it's open world and the game play is :wow:

Fred.
Once you get over the initial hump in Dragon's Dogma its really good. Once you 'beat the game' it enters GOAT territory.

Don't believe the Skyrim/Dark Souls impostors:wow:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:stopitslime:Just found out that remastered it a month ago for the 5 year anniversary instead of a DD2 announcement

Yeah I don't get what goes on in Capcom's mind. They released "Dragon's Dogma" three times already across three platforms (last gen, PC, this gen) so it's obviously in demand....but no sequel. It's mind boggling.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Nah Indoctrination Theory was pretty much a guaranteed slam dunk because fans came up with it. Literally all Bioware had to do was confirm and act upon it and they weren't even smart enough to do that. Play coy a couple months....then "admit" the ending was fake and Shepard was being indoctrinated by the Reapers, and the "real" ending is coming. Drop a short DLC where Shep is fighting off the mental control....where every character shows up to save him, have a fight with Harbinger....roll credits. Then drop the "Citadel" DLC and make it take place after the main game....literally every character has closure. Boom, "Mass Effect" is the undisputed GOAT game trilogy.

I've been gaming roughly 35 years and Bioware fukking up the ending of 3, and then refusing to take the out fans offered them is among the worst string of decisions I've ever seen in my life.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Garrus and Tali might be the best party members/arcs over a trilogy ever.

Liara was good, Ash/Kaiden were especially great if you made certain decisions, Wrex was a true breh and I'm physically disgusted by anyone who didn't treat him with respect :hhh:

Great game. Flawed as hell at times, but great.

Once you get over the initial hump in Dragon's Dogma its really good. Once you 'beat the game' it enters GOAT territory.

Don't believe the Skyrim/Dark Souls impostors:wow:

I put like 250 hours into "Dragon's Dogma". I love that game man. By the end I could probably run to, and beat, Daemon blind folded.

Fred.