Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I took a huge L this weekend :mjlol:

Started talking to this guy on Cupid Thursday, probably the first mildly decent (read: good, easy, engaging) convo that didn't piss me off or creep me out. As I'm going through his profile an odd thought crossed my mind, that I might "know" him already from somewhere but I'm like the odds of that are way crazy (but I'll come back to that in a sec).

So after some general chit chat, I had to run errands after my workout Saturday so he agreed to just meet me in the general area for a quick chat and whatnot. We meet up by the library, he's nice, cute and whatever then tells me how long he's been in my city. I'm thinking about his name, and some other stuff so I blurt out "WAIT- did you ever date someone named _____ (my friend)?"

He pauses, starts asking me more qs about myself and I'm like the fact that you taking a min to answer this already lets me know the answer to my q. He goes, "Yeah that's my ex-wife." And how he doesn't remember me, but I showed him a pic of her and us and some of our other friends and he's like yeahhh....So we both start cracking up at the coincidence and chat in general, then wish each other well and keep it moving. Funny enough I just was talking with her last week after a while about how we need to get dinner, and she told me they weren't together (Wednesday).

Before you start with the "I'm a hoe," I had only met him once maybe 7-8 years ago so I couldn't place him specifically, but I knew they were together for a long ass time, "married" and all. His name is distinct enough to remember but I wasn't sure if I was confused (given the time passed). It was when we were actually talking that I just knew it was him. Crazy.

Also, the conversation online and in person was very respectful, no dirty talk or shyt like that. Oh well. I should start a thread on these Cupid fiascos, my life, your entertainment:shaq2:

Last edited:

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Some real negative, anti-social folks lurking TLR. It is damn near infuriating how little can be celebrated, and everything criticized. Bout time to fukk with subs that

don't have folks talking like they found piss in their cereal.
I saw you trying to rep for Mrs. Davis, but you know the coli militant brigade wasn't going to let that shyt settle in peace :snoop:

PinotNoir

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Some real negative, anti-social folks lurking TLR. It is damn near infuriating how little can be celebrated, and everything criticized. Bout time to fukk with subs that

don't have folks talking like they found piss in their cereal.
Too true and I refuse to argue with posters I'll put them on ignore when they get belligerent.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I saw you trying to rep for Mrs. Davis, but you know the coli militant brigade wasn't going to let that shyt settle in peace :snoop:
Breh, I don't even know what to say anymore. And let a positive black thread come up ( usually exclusively for black males) and it can get some buzz.

Women? Sometimes, like in that thread, it gets the :mjpls: treatment right away. I wasn't even excited for the lady, but she is top of her industry, and I would like to know
people gonna let her cook. Instead, salt by post #5. Why does everything have to be a talking point? I have had a T-shirt business up for a few days and wanted to share
with the coli, but its shyt like this that let me know there is no support here, just talk. Only TLR, though.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Too true and I refuse to argue with posters I'll put them on ignore when they get belligerent.
I never put people on ignore because even when I disagree with someone, they may have valid points I have to put into consideration so I become more
well-rounded. However, all this fukking sneak dissing these pissant posters do is about to make me abandon that principle.

R.I.P the boy. Moms kept my fam relatively close so this shyt wouldn't happen to us. Chicago is so random with who gets knocked off.

PinotNoir

All Star
Supporter
Daps
"
I never put people on ignore because even when I disagree with someone, they may have valid points I have to put into consideration so I become more
well-rounded. However, all this fukking sneak dissing these pissant posters do is about to make me abandon that principle

I have several on ignore just for being nasty. I'm pretty open so I like hearing different view points but some posters want to keep arguing I'm here to have a good time and offer my input here and there. You should always have healthy boundaries. Sometimes you gotta use the feature.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I took a huge L this weekend :mjlol:

Started talking to this guy on Cupid Thursday, probably the first mildly decent (read: good, easy, engaging) convo that didn't piss me off or creep me out. As I'm going through his profile an odd thought crossed my mind, that I might "know" him already from somewhere but I'm like the odds of that are way crazy (but I'll come back to that in a sec).

So after some general chit chat, I had to run errands after my workout Saturday so he agreed to just meet me in the general area for a quick chat and whatnot. We meet up by the library, he's nice, cute and whatever then tells me how long he's been in my city. I'm thinking about his name, and some other stuff so I blurt out "WAIT- did you ever date someone named _____ (my friend)?"

He pauses, starts asking me more qs about myself and I'm like the fact that you taking a min to answer this already lets me know the answer to my q. He goes, "Yeah that's my ex-wife." And how he doesn't remember me, but I showed him a pic of her and us and some of our other friends and he's like yeahhh....So we both start cracking up at the coincidence and chat in general, then wish each other well and keep it moving. Funny enough I just was talking with her last week after a while about how we need to get dinner, and she told me they weren't together (Wednesday).

Before you start with the "I'm a hoe," I had only met him once maybe 7-8 years ago so I couldn't place him specifically, but I knew they were together for a long ass time, "married" and all. His name is distinct enough to remember but I wasn't sure if I was confused (given the time passed). It was when we were actually talking that I just knew it was him. Crazy.

Also, the conversation online and in person was very respectful, no dirty talk or shyt like that. Oh well. I should start a thread on these Cupid fiascos, my life, your entertainment:shaq2:

:lupe:

i may be single again soon