Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That feeling when your co-workers at the same level who you know more than and are always teaching them how to do things and are always doing things that they don't do, get a higher review score than you do. Work is just bullshyt and mind games. It's all fukking politics. No point in anything you do. I need a transfer or to look for work elsewhere. :pacspit: at giving a fukk about this damn job.

Just because THEY review you poorly, doesn't mean you didn't do the work. It's still a skill developed and that's more beneficial than anything. Don't let them validate your work or it's importance. In fact, when you're working on something always ask what area of the business is it going to improve and how. Then flip it around and put it on your resume. A poor review is only and excuse for them to decrease the amount of your raise. As far as your review goes, start asking how each section is measured. What tasks or projects would be used to calculate the score. You can't meet or exceed expectations when you've never been given any.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Another evening at the gym complete.:ahh:

Followed up by basket robins ice cream :mjlol:

Granted today was my off day...so I guess it balances it out.:jbhmm:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Just because THEY review you poorly, doesn't mean you didn't do the work. It's still a skill developed and that's more beneficial than anything. Don't let them validate your work or it's importance. In fact, when you're working on something always ask what area of the business is it going to improve and how. Then flip it around and put it on your resume. A poor review is only and excuse for them to decrease the amount of your raise. As far as your review goes, start asking how each section is measured. What tasks or projects would be used to calculate the score. You can't meet or exceed expectations when you've never been given any.
Yeah I see what you mean. It's the same manager doing the reviews for me and the two others who's review score I saw. And I agree that it's all money related since the evaluations were tied to the raises this year. And it was things like people leadership. I got a 3 out of 5 and I'm one of if not the best at that in the job. I work well with others and am the one that everyone goes to for help or if they need something. Co-workers are always saying I'm the best cuz of everything I know. I should be moving up or being considered for promotion. The other two got decent comments on their reviews and all I got was that I delegate too much. Like I don't do any work. I do work and help develop others. It's a retail job so it's not nothing to brag about but I work hard everyday and an constantly learning new things. Even been learning the entire pharmacy operation. But it's all politics and favoritism at my store it seems. Especially with a moody boss. I'm gonna look into transferring cuz I feel like that place doesn't deserve or appreciate me. There's stores all over the country so I have no issues finding another. I've been there for way too long. I know with my hard work and willingness to learn, I can survive anywhere. That's the type of employee I am. I just need that opportunity.

Dreamzeedream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wanna see wassup with one of the new girls at the job but then I don't. Because if she turn me down then I gotta see her damn near everyday

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
When you discover the reason why the girl who was hired with you can't do simple closing tasks after two months on the job is because she doesn't even have her GED :dahell:

And your boss admitted that he hired her on her first impression looks wise though she was later found out to be :scust: after he hired her.

Does he even know she doesn't have her GED ?

Just :mindblown: how my company allowed this to happen right now.

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
We were talking about fruits and vegetables.Co workers says "I didn't know eggplant" was a fruit.Sounds like that interesting fact thread in TLR

LoMax30

Bokeem Hoodbine
Daps
Reppin
Chopped Cheese & Snapple Iced Tea
1. There's a chick I used to kick it with earlier this year. Fairly attractive girl. Nothing ever developed with her because she always seemed kinda guarded so I fell back:ehh: Two days ago I look up her IG and she got a sonogram picture on there :huhldup:

2. My homie can barely pay his bills yet he talking about how he wanna buy some $1000 sneakers :why::snoop: