The Lion King's getting terrible reviews

FcKuPaYmE

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
DUH...I said from the first trailer those real ass animals aint gone work. How they gone sing and show human emotion like the cartoon original looking like they look.lol

Try this with those real ass lions
tenor.gif

Alladin worked cause it was people instead of animals.

:picard:

Last edited:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I don't want the beehive coming for my neck but from my understanding its cuz people are finally seeing that beyonce can't read. Its been a lowkey rumor for years that people were scared to discuss. Look at all her ig posts all pictures and no words. Blue ivy helped her learn her lines. Why u think Blue ivy treat beyonce the way she do its cuz the bytch can't read.

I heard something similar when she played in Austin powers goldmember

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
lol 5-10 years ago before they rolled any of these classic remakes out I just knew Disney was salivating, thinking they would be printing money with em.

Thingsfallapart

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only when it comes to people they don’t like. No one takes rotten tomatoes seriously
Rotten Tomatoes? People actually care what they have to say? :russ:

Rotten Tomatoes doesn’t actually say anything though. They just aggregate scores from the top movie critics from all over and averages the score. Same as meta critic (which the lion king also has a bad score on).

After hearing what they did to “Be Prepared” this is gonna be a hard pass for me.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
I don't want the beehive coming for my neck but from my understanding its cuz people are finally seeing that beyonce can't read. Its been a lowkey rumor for years that people were scared to discuss. Look at all her ig posts all pictures and no words. Blue ivy helped her learn her lines. Why u think Blue ivy treat beyonce the way she do its cuz the bytch can't read.

:rudy: Trust me, I’d have slandered that thick tongued overrated drag queen if I wanted to - I don’t do subliminals.

Nah, just shocked at the reviews, the lion king is a flagship brand for Disney that dwarfs beyinces entire life.

tenor.gif

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
if only the story about how they copied Kimba the White Lion blows up

It's been known by those willing to listen if you weren't old enough to realize the 'repackaging' back then, but the general public loved and cared for these series so much that back then, an expose wouldn't carry much weight and I'm afraid it still won't in this day and age. From Kimba the White Lion to the Thief and the Cobbler....Disney is blatant with it, and these live action rehashes I wish would flop to the point they cost more than they'd make....but the nostalgia will have folk flocking to see these shyts that don't feature an ounce of the charm the originals made sure to facsimile into them from the source material.:beli:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Only when it comes to people they don’t like. No one takes rotten tomatoes seriously

Yup. And RT isn't "one critic". It's a collection of all of the reviews of a movie. Problem is when you start looking at the sites/reviews they count towards the score you can see who's doing the reviewing and how a lot of them are full of shyt in their reviews.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Same score as Aladdin and I thought Aladdin was dope.

Give two fukks about some critics

There's an uncanny bias towards these remakes to begin with. People criticizing from the notion that we dont need these movies or they are unwarranted.

And I laugh because it's silly to think like that as if we need movies to begin. At the end of the day its entertainment.

But with this I'm reading visuals are great, music is great, voice acting is good, but the problem is the animals look like... fukking animals.

I'm taking my family to see it and gonna enjoy sharing my favorite Disney movie with my 6 year old son.