The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening | Switch | Out Now

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Loving this. Taking it extra slow just enjoying every minute.

I swear I had to throw a chicken to listen to song broad hum ballad of the wind fish for 45 minutes.

teacher

All Star
Daps
I have a 4K TV breh, I'm aware of how it looks.

Switch games look like shyt on a big screen cause stuff like blurry textures and jaggies are much more noticeable.

I dont notice how jaggy the landscape is in BOTW or how blurry it all looks in handheld, but it becomes obvious when I'm on my 4K TV. Plus most games, BOTW included, has worse performance when docked.

Sub 720p resolution doesn't look good when stretched to a big ass 4K set.

Only switch games I've played that looked good docked are Mario kart 8 and Mario odyssey.

360 and PS3 games must of looked like worse then sh!t?

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Last night, after downloading it, my children, my father and I all sat down to watch them play it.

Zelda series were the games my father really enjoyed watching me play when I was 9.

So to have this shyt come back full circle is:wow::mjcry::to:

And while watching them play and asking my 5 year old to read the dialogue out loud, I realized something...

It was these type of games that helped me Excel at reading. :ooh: They didn't even realize that the chore of "grab a book and read for 15 min" is literally being satisfied twofold with this.:salute:

Last edited:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
only thing i don't like is link's walk is so fukking slow. he was not this slow in the original, or any other top down zeldas...at least he never felt this slow.

:snoop: i take that back...it was me :hubie: he walks fine like the original games

had these spare joystick covers from when I bought a case for my regular switch, and they fit the same on the lite, but I guess not, since it apparently pushes down on the joystick making him walk slow as hell.

oops

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Last night, after downloading it, my children, my father and I all day down to watch them play it.

Zelda series were the games my father really enjoyed watching me play when I was 9.

And while watching them play and asking my 5 year old to read the dialogue out loud, I realized something...

It was these type of games that helped me Excel at reading. :ooh: They didn't even realize that the chore of "grab a book and read for 15 min" is literally being satisfied twofold with this.:salute:
I like voice acting but theres somethin about readin text and imagining the voices yourself:wow:

thats super dope you got 3 generations in the same room enjoyin the game. Thats a kodak moment right there:sadspur:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Last night, after downloading it, my children, my father and I all day down to watch them play it.

:mjcry: this is too beautiful. Arigato Nintendo :wow:

McPiff

#goat
Daps
Last night, after downloading it, my children, my father and I all sat down to watch them play it.

:wow:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
love how we have more buttons to assign shyt, but damn I've been too used to the old ass GB style, so assigning the feather to either X or Y isn't as smooth as it being A. I'm always catching myself trying to press A to jump

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

I could directly relate to this. Me and my pops beat A Link To The Past together back in the day when it came out.

Ricky43

Whats up
Daps
Reppin
Gentrification City
I just started and when I got the sword and the music changed to the theme song i knew this game was gonna be good...i just dont like the slow down, but im used to it from snes zelda in the 90s. I hope that gets fixed.