The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening | Switch | Out Now

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I haven't noticed anything thus far. But I'm handheld only. Popped it in around 4am. I'm less than 2 hrs in the game but I'm heavily exploring talking to everyone, looking at everything, reading shyt. I havent really delved into the adventure.

I'm glad I was able to get it from Wal-Mart though.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Switch games look like shyt on my 55 inch TV.

Looks better on the small screen to me.

that’s extremely subjective...might depend on the games too...I play it mostly thru a 4K projector w/ enough wall space to basically be a 200” television and games look great especially BOTW

*edit*

I have company coming over later so I’m catch some zzz’s now but I’ll take a picture later tonite just to show how it looks

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
that’s extremely subjective...might depend on the games too...I play it mostly thru a 4K projector w/ enough wall space to basically be a 200” television and games look great especially BOTW

*edit*

I have company coming over later so I’m catch some zzz’s now but I’ll take a picture later tonite just to show how it looks
BOTW especially looks better handheld to me.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Nope, Breath of the Wild is my first Zelda

top down zeldas are vastly different from BotW, it's very linear...and more traditional, but still a fun game nonetheless

if you got switch online, I suggest trying out the NES game and the SNES game to get a feel for what LA/top down zeldas are like

Never played the OG version :lupe:

Might be a chance to add that 7th Zelda to the belt :leon:

Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
Majoras Mask
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Breath of the Wild

go for it..games's pretty easy compared to the other entries

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I got to work tomorrow...go to a college football game on saturday...watch the cowboys game and then go to a movie on sunday...back at work on monday:mjcry:

Probably Tuesday before I get to play this :mjcry:

Man fukk this wife and kid and job shyt mayne I just want to play zelda:mjcry:
DyaHfgGX4AA8Prt.jpg

Zelda>>>being a responsible member of the household. Been ignorin my girl all day:blessed:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
BOTW especially looks better handheld to me.

that’s cool...that wasn’t my contention tho...stating your preference for one over the other is one thing...it’s a bit much tho to say “it looks like shyt” on a big TV...anyway here’s a pic of how it looks on my projector...the ipad didn’t really take the best pic unfortunately...it’s crisper in person but even still the pic doesn’t look like shyt imho

full

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
that’s cool...that wasn’t my contention tho...stating your preference for one over the other is one thing...it’s a bit much tho to say “it looks like shyt” on a big TV...anyway here’s a pic of how it looks on my projector...the ipad didn’t really take the best pic unfortunately...it’s crisper in person but even still the pic doesn’t look like shyt imho

full
I have a 4K TV breh, I'm aware of how it looks.

Switch games look like shyt on a big screen cause stuff like blurry textures and jaggies are much more noticeable.

I dont notice how jaggy the landscape is in BOTW or how blurry it all looks in handheld, but it becomes obvious when I'm on my 4K TV. Plus most games, BOTW included, has worse performance when docked.

Sub 720p resolution doesn't look good when stretched to a big ass 4K set.

Only switch games I've played that looked good docked are Mario kart 8 and Mario odyssey.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have a 4K TV breh, I'm aware of how it looks.

Switch games look like shyt on a big screen cause stuff like blurry textures and jaggies are much more noticeable.

I dont notice how jaggy the landscape is in BOTW or how blurry it all looks in handheld, but it becomes obvious when I'm on my 4K TV. Plus most games, BOTW included, has worse performance when docked.

Sub 720p resolution doesn't look good when stretched to a big ass 4K set.

Only switch games I've played that looked good docked are Mario kart 8 and Mario odyssey.

idk maybe your settings or television just ain’t cutting it...don’t care anyway...only posted the pic cuz I said I would yesterday...I’m over it