The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening | Switch | Out Now

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just started and when I got the sword and the music changed to the theme song i knew this game was gonna be good...i just dont like the slow down, but im used to it from snes zelda in the 90s. I hope that gets fixed.

it picks up fast especially after you beat the first dungeon...I basically started y-day...conquered the 1st two dungeons...the 2nd one was a bit hard...I don’t wanna say too much tho

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Gotta longer younger dudes at work who saw the trailer and were like "Why is Nintendo putting Chain Chomps and Goombas in this!?"

Being the only dude in the room who had played the original had me feeling :flabbynsick:
Is this game a
dream like super Mario Bros 2?

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
that’s cool...that wasn’t my contention tho...stating your preference for one over the other is one thing...it’s a bit much tho to say “it looks like shyt” on a big TV...anyway here’s a pic of how it looks on my projector...the ipad didn’t really take the best pic unfortunately...it’s crisper in person but even still the pic doesn’t look like shyt imho

full
Which 4k projector do you own?

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
it picks up fast especially after you beat the first dungeon...I basically started y-day...conquered the 1st two dungeons...the 2nd one was a bit hard...I don’t wanna say too much tho
Is this game harder than a link between worlds? As much I enjoyed it, it was easy. My first top down Zelda game btw.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is this game harder than a link between worlds? As much I enjoyed it, it was easy. My first top down Zelda game btw.

I never played a link between worlds...but it reminds me a lot of the original legend of zelda and a link to the past...arguably about the same in difficulty as far as I remember

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
optoma uhd50...if you’re into projectors it’s not a “pure” 4k projector
Wtf does that mean? Never have own one
no. easier.

the "hardest" classic topdown zelda is probably one of the oracle games.
Why everybody going crazy over this game? Nintendo really banking on nostalgia alone, brehs here acting like baby boomers.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Why everybody going crazy over this game? Nintendo really banking on nostalgia alone, brehs here acting like baby boomers.

don't really see people going "Crazy"...but people really wanted this game to be remade since forever, especially with the limited button layout of the original/DX.

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
don't really see people going "Crazy"...but people really wanted this game to be remade since forever, especially with the limited button layout of the original/DX.
I didn't mean that in a bad way, you know what I meant. I never played it, how different is it?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wtf does that mean? Never have own one

I was wrong anyway...my projector is actually true 4k (that’s the proper term not “pure” 4k as I said) as opposed to faux 4k...where it looks very close to 4k quality but is not actually true 4k quality (faux 4k projectors cost less as a result)...anyway it’s technical “nerd” shyt...my projector is still on the low end scale compared to other true 4k projectors but it is better for gaming tho than the high end ones

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
I was wrong anyway...my projector is actually true 4k (that’s the proper term not “pure” 4k as I said) as opposed to faux 4k...where it looks very close to 4k quality but is not actually true 4k quality (faux 4k projectors cost less as a result)...anyway it’s technical “nerd” shyt...my projector is still on the low end scale compared to other true 4k projectors but it is better for gaming tho than the high end ones
I'd be happy with yours and $900 already feels like pushing it. I can't believe the "real" ones can go for over $15k.