The Last of Us | PS3/PS4

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I really do love this game for its case study type look on human nature and what people will do when their own self-interest is pitted against one another's.

the thing about human beings is we like to pretend we're more civil than we actually are. this game in unafraid to admit the truth. if the structure around us collapsed we'd all turn into animal and it would be survival of the fittest.

its like with David and Ellie.
dude was willing to take the L because he knew what she was actually worth. if you can take out all those goons you're better than them and i'd rather have you around than them

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I really do love this game for its case study type look on human nature and what people will do when their own self-interest is pitted against one another's.

the thing about human beings is we like to pretend we're more civil than we actually are. this game in unafraid to admit the truth. if the structure around us collapsed we'd all turn into animal and it would be survival of the fittest.

its like with David and Ellie.
dude was willing to take the L because he knew what she was actually worth. if you can take out all those goons you're better than them and i'd rather have you around than them

exactly man. It took me back to the time of 'Katrina'. Its the only time in my life when I've felt that sense of paranoia and straight 'out for self' vibe among fellow citizens and even myself. Hearing stories of how people shot each other over ice, how status (in the traditional sense) evaporated and the tension going on in gas lines. I knew then that Humans can deteriorate to animals very fast. And if you ain't built for it you'd get eaten up. I understood Joel's actions completely.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
What's some of you guys favorite parts of the game

Looking back I gotta say...

Bill Town, that dude had me rolling the entire time, The Sniper nest area, and the hunting of the Deer. Bill though man that guy smart remarks really took alot of edge off the tension of the game. Pure Comedy

ThePsydeFX

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I thought he was lying about there being multiple immune people just so Ellie didn't know he saved her and potentially stopped the saving of mankind. He didn't want that weight on her.

That's why after she says "are you telling me the whole truth about the fireflies?" like she knows something is up. Joel hesitates and says yes, but I think it's a lie he's using to protect her.

Unless I missed a note or recorder about there actually being others immune

Yeah she knows something popped off. I take her asking him to swear that it was true as reassurance from him that whatever happened was for the best. She trusts him completely at that point. Her "Okay" was just her deciding to with it.

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
Just finished..

God damn Joel, you just going to lie to Ellie like that?... :damn:

Great game..

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just finished the game and this is easily the best game I've played of this generation. It was so good I wish they wouldn't make a sequel but I think they will.
At this point I don't care what Naughty Dog makes, I don't need to see a preview, review or even a trailer I'm copping first day
I seen this said so many times by people who beat the game. :wow:

Classic game. I would love to commiserate with folks that can't play this but fukk it, that's on them.

Daps
Just finished the game. This game topped Heavy Rain as my best Playstation exclusive. Hopefully Beyond: Two Souls delivers.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
exactly man. It took me back to the time of 'Katrina'. Its the only time in my life when I've felt that sense of paranoia and straight 'out for self' vibe among fellow citizens and even myself. Hearing stories of how people shot each other over ice, how status (in the traditional sense) evaporated and the tension going on in gas lines. I knew then that Humans can deteriorate to animals very fast. And if you ain't built for it you'd get eaten up. I understood Joel's actions completely.

Breh, this is extra true :whoo: thing is you couldn't even fault people for some of the things they were doing. Its one of the times where big government woulda really paid off....

Katrina is still the example for class and racial context being put into non racial situations (i.e. the looter/scavenger stories). But the fact that order deteriorated so quickly, we saw basically this game in real life in 2005 minus the zombies. I remember running into some people from NO in like 06 who where displaced first thing they said was "The shyt was the wild west down there, like Grand Theft Auto, no laws, no nothing just people surviving and killing to do it"...i was like :wow:

I knew then that "society" and "order" lived on a VERY thin tightrope from that day on.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
post apocalyptic world set 20 years after 2013... sounds familiar :ohhh:

L33te

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Bill Town, that dude had me rolling the entire time, The Sniper nest area, and the hunting of the Deer. Bill though man that guy smart remarks really took alot of edge off the tension of the game. Pure Comedy

when you shiv a clicker and Ellie is like "holy shyt, Joel! :ooh:" lol

Bill's town is one of my favs. dude was crazy hilarious. my brother says that he got somebody on his job that will be JUST like him if shyt like that goes down...and i find that even more hilarious. the end of summer was just :lupe:.. Sam turned, Henry shot him then himself..bam..Fall. i must've sat there for a few seconds to gather myself like..."shyt...the fukk just happened..?"

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
how are you brehs beating...
the firefly lab? with stealth or just guns blazin?

i take out the first 5-6 guys but that 2nd wave is :wow:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

MOST Def the end of summer and Winter, Sam and Henry man damn....

I also liked the fact that even the zombies/hunters were all races creeds...they really coulda took the easy way out...but i would think racial and sexual discrimination would fall by the wayside when ravenous plant zombies could possibly eat your faces.

L33te

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how are you brehs beating...
the firefly lab? with stealth or just guns blazin?

i take out the first 5-6 guys but that 2nd wave is :wow:

man i said "fukk it" and take it to their asses. i stealth when i can, but when it fails its on