The Last of Us | PS3/PS4

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
@obarth the gawd might possibly bless us with a review for the game :whew::whew::whew::whew:

do it for the culture obarth :feedme:

What does this dude Bill mean Frank was his "partner"?:stunnadahell:

Were these nikkas cops back in the day? Cause I'm getting a wierd feeling, brehs :nikkawhat:

Last edited by a moderator:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
What does this dude Bill mean Frank was his "partner"?:stunnadahell:

Were these nikkas cops back in the day? Cause I'm getting a wierd feeling, brehs :nikkawhat:

:mjpls: it means exactly what you think it means

there wasn't a bad bytch for miles and he seen frank givin him the :shaq:

:dead:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Joel didn't lie as much as he just omitted part of the truth. The doctors recording said they had been trying for a while and had found some people with the immunity (which is really just the virus mutating into a benign brain tumor). That part was true, Ellie knew that she would probably die in the procedure which is why if you notice the closer they get to the hospital the more depressed and internal she got.
What Ellie accepted in the end was that Joel just walked out of there with her and everything was OK. But she knew on the inside he prolly killed dozens of Fireflies including Marlene (which is true) and didn't tell her the whole truth about why he took her back. Joel did what fathers have been doing to their children for centuries, tell your kids everything is OK when everything is NOT ok.
Joel did what he had to do to keep his "daughter" alive. In that situation, many of us would have done the same or died trying. Does it make it right? No. Did it make it human and believable...yeah
he could have still told her what he did and lived with her decision. he wasn't lying to protect her the lie he told her was totally for him. my beef isn't the fact that he saved her its the fact that he lied to her.

when you tell someone something with the intent to deceive them that's a lie. a lie isn't necessarily making a false statement because you can make a false statement out of ignorance. telling a partial truth and purposely omitting elements of the truth is what lying is all about.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
he could have still told her what he did and lived with her decision. he wasn't lying to protect her the lie he told her was totally for him. my beef isn't the fact that he saved her its the fact that he lied to her.

when you tell someone something with the intent to deceive them that's a lie. a lie isn't necessarily making a false statement because you can make a false statement out of ignorance. telling a partial truth and purposely omitting elements of the truth is what lying is all about.

The evidence of the game shows that the lie was almost necessary...sure most of it was for him...but if he tells her to total truth Ellie is running off back to Salt Lake to go through with the operation and she dies any way. It was a lie for Joel's sanity and Ellie's "own good". The fact that it's debatable makes it good writing.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

you realize that she is still a teenager right? when she found out joel was trying to pass her off to tommy she ran off on some high risk shyt, so of course joel's not gonna tell her the truth about this because there's no telling what she would do, he just wants her to be safe

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The evidence of the game shows that the lie was almost necessary...sure most of it was for him...but if he tells her to total truth Ellie is running off back to Salt Lake to go through with the operation and she dies any way. It was a lie for Joel's sanity and Ellie's "own good". The fact that it's debatable makes it good writing.

so basically you're saying she doesn't have the right to decide what to do with her own life? that she shouldn't have the right to choose to go back to Salt Lake and die on her terms? she was ok with dying he wasn't so it wasn't a necessary lie it was the act of a coward and a scoundrel.

as for the comment about it being human you're right it is very human like to put your own self interest and desires ahead of everything else and convince yourself its ok to do so even when it violates others.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
if only Bioware could have crafted an ending for Mass Effect 3 that was of this quality and as emotional and thought provoking.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
so basically you're saying she doesn't have the right to decide what to do with her own life? that she shouldn't have the right to choose to go back to Salt Lake and die on her terms? she was ok with dying he wasn't so it wasn't a necessary lie it was the act of a coward and a scoundrel.

as for the comment about it being human you're right it is very human like to put your own self interest and desires ahead of everything else and convince yourself its ok to do so even when it violates others.

Breh, i'm not saying i agree or disagree i'm merely speaking about Joel's state of mind. Like i said before, i could only imagine how my brothas with daughters feel when they played this. :to:

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
enjoying the conversation

I'm not so sure Ellie would choose to sacrifice herself. I actually think she would have wanted Joel to make that decision for her. Remember her recounting to Joel the air plane dream? She had never been on a plane before yet she was at the controls and the plane crashed. I interpreted that meaning if survival was dependent on her decisions everyone would die. after all Ellie is a child.. naive.. and very inexperienced... which was proven throughout the story. can't swim.. never been to the city... never seen the woods... etc. I think she wanted someone who was more experienced and whom she trusted to make that decision for her. the fireflies proved they were irresponsible (the release of the infected monkeys... entrusting the transport of the supposed "savior" to strangers. and remember Joel and Tess were not the first option. That thieving murderer was higher on the list than they were) The fireflies were grasping at straws and there was no guarantee they would be able to reverse engineer a cure. the queen of the fireflies said on the voice recorder she was tired and frustrated. she sounded completely unsure and her judgment could not be trusted. the hospital was in shambles running on generators. that lab was not fit to reverse engineer anything. Joel was right to save her life. maybe Ellie is the answer but the fireflies have proven to be irresponsible and failures. failed to overthrow the government.. failed to maintain the university lab... failed at meeting up at the building w/ the gold dome... they were literally dying all over the place. Joel is a survivor. His decisions have proven to be the right ones time and time again.. even when Ellie questioned his decisions.. he came through and earned her trust. Joel was right imo...

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
enjoying the conversation

I'm not so sure Ellie would choose to sacrifice herself.

i've been under the impression ellie knew she would have to sacrifice her life for a possible vaccine. it's a parasite that attaches to your brainstem. she's not dumb. i really don't know how joel could be so dumb.

towards the end, she gets depressed for no reason. i figure its because she knows what she has to do and is feeling some type of way about it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did anyone else think Joel died once you got to the winter chapter?? The way the game just showed Joel fall of the horseback and then cut ti Ellie months later during the Winter made me think that. I wonder :wtf: how would the game continue without Joel for a second.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Did anyone else think Joel died once you got to the winter chapter?? The way the game just showed Joel fall of the horseback and then cut ti Ellie months later during the Winter made me think that. I wonder :wtf: how would the game continue without Joel for a second.

yep I was like damn she didn't even take his guns.