'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
where are the pipe bombs, nail bats, and other macguyver gizmos that made the game so fun to play?

Staying in the video game because that's all some video game shyt. You need flamethrowers and grenades and wild shyt like that to keep the attention of gamers. Television doesn't work like that. Show already established Joel ain't the most spry in his fifties; it would utter nonsense for him to be tossing pipe bombs and mowing down hordes of people and clickers.

Last edited:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County

200w.gif

:francis:

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Staying in the video game because that's all some video game shyt. You need flamethrowers and grenades and wild shyt like that to keep the attention of gamers. Television doesn't work like that. Show already established Joel ain't the most spry in his fifties; it would utter nonsense for him to be tossing pipe bombs and mowing down hordes of people and clickers.
Oh so homemade pipe bombs and spiked bags are unrealistic but riding a horse from Jackson hole Wyoming to Fort Collins in the middle of winter is? The dude from community turning a town into Fort Knox is believable but Joel making rudimentary weapons and inserting a few more actions scenes IN AN ACTION HORROR SHOW is unrealistic :heh: I need an episode of Mr. poopy butthole face playing Mortal Kombat in the mall. How exciting.

shonuff

All Star
Daps
Oh so homemade pipe bombs and spiked bags are unrealistic but riding a horse from Jackson hole Wyoming to Fort Collins in the middle of winter is? The dude from community turning a town into Fort Knox is believable but Joel making rudimentary weapons and inserting a few more actions scenes IN AN ACTION HORROR SHOW is unrealistic :heh: I need an episode of Mr. poopy butthole face playing Mortal Kombat in the mall. How exciting.
Its actually a drama

It was action before it was a show because it was a game and a game needs action - a drama doesn't necessarily NEED action unless its in service of the drama

And people been riding horses for long distances in shytty weather since...
. forever

So no , thats not unrealistic

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Its actually a drama

It was action before it was a show because it was a game and a game needs action - a drama doesn't necessarily NEED action unless its in service of the drama

And people been riding horses for long distances in shytty weather since...
. forever

So no , thats not unrealistic
Oh so it’s Days of our Lives now and not a show about people surviving a zombie apocalypse.

And no people don’t ride horses 520 miles in 5 days in the dead of Rocky Mountain winter where the daily mean is 16 degrees and nights are well below zero. It’s why we have a term called “wintering”. :mjlol:

Keep in mind I don’t mind it because they have to move the characters some how but don’t say a 50 year old man can’t make pipe bombs and have a few more fights and then watch him Iron Man with a 14 year old girl across the most inhospitable landscape in America.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Oh so it’s Days of our Lives now and not a show about people surviving a zombie apocalypse.

And no people don’t ride horses 520 miles in 5 days in the dead of Rocky Mountain winter where the daily mean is 16 degrees and nights are well below zero. It’s why we have a term called “wintering”. :mjlol:

Keep in mind I don’t mind it because they have to move the characters some how but don’t say a 50 year old man can’t make pipe bombs and have a few more fights and then watch him Iron Man with a 14 year old girl across the most inhospitable landscape in America.

Where did they say they took 5 days to cover 450 miles? It took them 5 days to get from Jackson to get to the interstate highway. At least get your facts right.

Why would a guy trying not to attract attention make pipe bombs? The only really unbelievable thing Joel did was auto-aim during the episode 5 horde attack. For the most part they avoided people during the trip. Traveling across the country and riding horseback in the thick of winter is something folks of Joel's age did in the 19th century. Besides, he did nearly die at one instance after getting stabbed.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Where did they say they took 5 days to cover 450 miles? It took them 5 days to get from Jackson to get to the interstate highway. At least get your facts right.

They specifically mention I-25. That’s 450 miles. A further 30 miles to Fort Collins.

I lived there. So I’m pretty sure I know more than you.

Traveling across the country and riding horseback in the thick of winter is something folks of Joel's age did in the 19th century. Besides, he did nearly die at one instance after getting stabbed.
No they didn’t. You have no idea what you are talking about. Army detachments didn’t move during the winter. Native Americans either migrated or settled down for the winter where many old would die and it was a normal part of life. Nobody was out in the elements riding horses without support or rest stations along the trail.

You never experienced a Rocky Mountain winter, the blizzards, nightly below zero temperatures, 40mph winds that knock over semi’s. At least have him wear a hat :francis:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
They specifically mention I-25. That’s 450 miles. A further 30 miles to Fort Collins.

I lived there. So I’m pretty sure I know more than you. :francis:

No they didn’t. You have no idea what you are talking about. Army detachments didn’t move during the winter. Native Americans either migrated or settled down for the winter where many old would die and it was a normal part of life. Nobody was out in the elements riding horses without support or rest stations along the trail.

You never experienced a Rocky Mountain winter, the blizzards, nightly below zero temperatures, 40mph winds that knock over semi’s. :francis:

I-25 runs thru Casper, WY. That's less than 275 miles away from Jackson. Anyway I wouldn't put too much focus on the geography of the show. I've been 10 miles west of Boston, there are no waterfalls or forests.

No one said they were walking everyday. They could've found shelter when it got too cold like the house in Utah in episodes 7-8.

Last edited:

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I-25 runs thru Casper, WY. That's less than 275 miles away from Jackson.

No one said they were walking everyday. They could've found shelter when it got too cold like the house in Utah in episodes 7-8.
Nope.

the show even makes them going to Boulder which is another 45 miles from Fort Collins.

So cross country hiking thousands of miles then horseback riding in a tundra is plausible, but not having more action scenes because Joel is old. Gotcha

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Nope.

the show even makes them going to Boulder which is another 45 miles from Fort Collins.

So cross country hiking thousands of miles then horseback riding in a tundra is plausible, but not having more action scenes because Joel is old. Gotcha

I don’t understand why you've put so much energy into being precise about directions but can’t comprehend why a 55 year old dude with bad hearing or a 14 year old girl aren't running around wielding flamethrowers and grenades.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don’t understand why you've put so much energy into being precise about directions but can’t comprehend why a 55 year old dude with bad hearing or a 14 year old girl aren't running around wielding flamethrowers and grenades.
Because claim Joel can’t fight people but can hike across the fukkin United States with almost zero rations with a 14 year old. Use some logic breh

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Because claim Joel can’t fight people but can hike across the fukkin United States with almost zero rations with a 14 year old. Use some logic breh

People been hiking long distances for centuries. That's definitely believable.

It's not a claim that Joel can't fight. It's a fact. We saw Ellie save him from losing one fight and nearly die from another. He said it himself during one scene with his brother that he can't fight like he used to. That's why he initially wanted his brother to take Ellie to Boulder.