'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Just finished.

8 was great until Ellie and Joel met up again at the end of the episode when he held her. That part is is so important and they made it so flat in the show. Idk what they were thinking.

9 was ok, had the necessary parts but was rushed.

Decent show nonetheless.

:ehh: :ehh:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
What the fukk was that finale :mjlol: I really don't know how you can be a fan of the game and find this show to be good smh

Hell idk how you can be a fan of prestige TV and HBO and feel this is quality. This is mediocrity and payola at work :russ:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
On the topic of combat: this last episode in particular shows why they needed to be showing Ellie and Joel implementing stealth throughout dangerous situations

The odds are always against them against groups of enemies so stealth would have lent to the realism in how they can escape, built tension, and showcase some violent situations

All the while building up that relationship between the two lead characters.

We got none of that except nonstop guerilla marketing attempts to show how close the two actors are in real life so somehow that should translate on screen - it didn't :mjlol:

shonuff

All Star
Daps
the show is praised by people that have played the game and have watched the show ...even people who dont like video games like this show- it consistently increases its audience every week...

but somehow dudes think they have a well rounded take and call it "mid" and the writers hacks ....

they dislike the show find it boring but watch all the episodes ( some times week after week ) til the end of the season.....

if you look up attention whore right next to the word is their picture....

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
the show is praised by people that have played the game and have watched the show ...even people who dont like video games like this show- it consistently increases its audience every week...

but somehow dudes think they have a well rounded take and call it "mid" and the writers hacks ....

they dislike the show find it boring but watch all the episodes ( some times week after week ) til the end of the season.....

if you look up attention whore right next to the word is their picture....

giphy.gif

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
On the topic of combat: this last episode in particular shows why they needed to be showing Ellie and Joel implementing stealth throughout dangerous situations

The odds are always against them against groups of enemies so stealth would have lent to the realism in how they can escape, built tension, and showcase some violent situations

All the while building up that relationship between the two lead characters.

We got none of that except nonstop guerilla marketing attempts to show how close the two actors are in real life so somehow that should translate on screen - it didn't :mjlol:
Yeah it was kind of disappointing. Joel just goes and shoots everyone, no problem. Easy as pie.

Idk, show was just alright to me. Season 2 should be better I hope.

shonuff

All Star
Daps
I might be nitpicking here but if Marlene got to Seattle first, why didn’t she just take ellie herself :patrice:

I’m aware there’s probably a detail I’ve missed somewhere

Well its Colorado not Seattle

she wanted to get ellie out of Boston as soon as possible - ellie was a an orphan living at a FEDRA facility and of course if FEDRA discovered ellies infection they might kill her but more than likely FEDRA would use Ellie

Make no.mistake the Fireflies planned on using Ellie too - but more on that later

Marlene was hurt as a result of her whole battle with FEDRA and couldn't travel so she hires Joel to get ellie out of the city- ellie was supposed to be turned over to the Fireflies group there but they got themselves killed ..after that from.Marlenes perspective Ellie is gone

Marlene doesn't know if Joel sold ellie or if she's dead or what happened to her ...and it isn't for weeks ...its months .

Just some perspective Joel lost contact with his brother for a few weeks and he had no clue what was going in with him - Marlene lost Ellie and its been MONTHS

And yeh its because its the game ( and the story) that she is somehow in Colorado at the same time that Joel and Ellie show up .... its a game so there a lot of coincidence that really isn't

Now I dunno a lot but I don't see why Marlene would be in Colorado but let's say that she has to goto the only place to get more knowledge about the "cure" - somehow at the same time not only is she there but also the doctor is also there -

And he's ready to do surgery - he's never seen ellie before - doesn't know how she actually is - and his solution is to.kill her ( you later find out that hes a vetrnarian ...not a pediatric immunologist that specializes in rare infectious diseases let alone infectious diseases like that from a fungus that noone has ever seen before and had no idea how it worked )

But somehow everyone gets on board with killing the only living person they have that is immune....

So yeh no only were the Fireflies idiots but they were absolutely going to use ellie ( or a cure from her ) as a tool

This is yet again another reason why Joel.made the right decision in saving Ellie.not only becuase they would kill her for no real good reason ...since it was a "maybe" that they would find a cure .. but at the end of the day - a cure won't change anything about how the world works now .

Raiders will still raid - FEDRA would still control people- the Infected would still attack and spread it to those that aren't immune

Which gets to my other 2 sub points a out the Fireflies

-first chiefly if they have a cure you know they aren't sharing it with FEDRA

And second how would they test a "cure" ? How would they know if its permanent or temporary ? How would they make enough ? If you kill ellie how do unkill her - what if what ever makes her immune requires she be alive to make it ...

And of course - once the doctor is dead - what would be the point of handing her over ? Do they have another doctor just waiting who also has MAYBE figured it out ? This is what makes Marlene look so dumb in trying to convince Joel that she'd just let him go and that ellie wanted to be sacrificed

This is whats so maddening about dudes saying Joel is wrong or that he is selfish ...if you think the Fireflies weren't going to be equally as selfish you must also believe in the easter bunny tooth fairy and santa clause

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

The HBO drama will set up shop in Vancouver for the continuing saga of Joel (Pedro Pascal), who’s been tasked with protecting a 14-year-old named Ellie (Bella Ramsey) who may be civilization’s last hope after a global pandemic.

Fans of the 2013 video game that inspired The Last of Us know that a significant part of the story in Part II takes place in the Pacific Northwest.

HBO has yet to share details about the upcoming storyline or when production will begin.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Ok, binged the season.

Didn't finish the first game, but still enjoyed this.

I will say one thing. If you seen one post-apocalyptic zombie show/movie, you've damn near seen them all.

Same tropes, visual look etc

Episode 3 was ummm, different 🥴

& the bloater made me want some crispy chicken 😁

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Because claim Joel can’t fight people but can hike across the fukkin United States with almost zero rations with a 14 year old. Use some logic breh
Doggie you’re wasting your time. These dudes have convinced themselves this show is the best thing since sliced bread. There’s no way this could have been better to them. They claim Joel can’t do video game shyt bc he’s old, but he John Wicked an entire hospital full of armed mercenaries and went Solid Snake a few times before that. They’re all over the place.