'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ellie was ok sacrificing herself on the surgeon's table because she had no family, no friends, and no future to live for.
But we saw with her reaction to Sam, she wanted to help, she felt she could be the one to make things better.

She was eager as fukk to get to the Fireflies after her attempt to save Sam failed.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Thanks for the clarification. So this whole shyt was a far greater shot in the dark.
Yup. Also (heavy Part 2 spoilers ahead)

Part 2 basically tells you it wouldn't even have mattered if they found a cure. Humanity is far too gone to get together and get past the infection. Either the Fireflies were going to fukk it up and implode, another faction would've tried to take over the Fireflies labs and fukk it all up or the high demand for a vaccine would've made QZ and other settlements collapse because there wouldn't be enough supply for such a high demand.

Also, the fact the Fireflies had just 1 fukking doctor capable of pulling this off was a huge red flag. I wonder if they indeed do a Part 3 they'll touch upon the fact that once the Salt Lake City Hospital goes to shyt, there was no back up plan nor anything. There wasn't even a myth of an immnune child that was on the loose from the few that survived Joel's rampage :dead:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I feel like they have to in order to explain and give context/backround to all the moving pieces. I mean, the backstory to at least a couple of groups are so rich that they can spend 2 episodes each for them and it would translate to great TV.
specially the Scars. Them crazy fukkers have an awesome origin story and then how everything goes to shyt. Also can't wait for them whistles to give TV audience the :lolbron:
There's gonna be two seasons for Part 2 so they will take more time and wont be against the clock like in season 1. I wonder if Mazin and Druckmann will scrap the way Part 2 was told and make it more straight forward.
Ellie and Abby will probably get parallel stories but I don't think we'll get 3 days following Ellie and then go back and start from Day 1 to see Abby's side. Not sure TV lends itself to grab the viewer like it can grab video game players.

I do think we'll get a ton of flashbacks. They've set up Joel's Museum present to Ellie so well with all this talk about going to the Moon/Space :mjcry:

I think they have to. The only thing I didn't like about Part 2 was the pacing. You advance so far in the story as Ellie only to replay it again with Abby's POV. I wish they interspliced it instead.

My prediction is Season 2 will build up the backstory of Abby while also showing the fallout of Joel/Ellie's relationship. They could also establish Dina's relationship with Ellie too. Joel will die towards the middle or end of S2, and we'll see the vengeance in Ellie towards the end of S2/S3. They could build the entire Lev/Yara and WLFs stuff for S3 along with Ellie & Tommy hunting Abby. Hopefully by then we'll get Part 3.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I think they have to. The only thing I didn't like about Part 2 was the pacing. You advance so far in the story as Ellie only to replay it again with Abby's POV. I wish they interspliced it instead.

My prediction is Season 2 will build up the backstory of Abby while also showing the fallout of Joel/Ellie's relationship. Joel will die towards the middle or end of S2, and we'll see the vengeance in Ellie towards the end of S2/S3. They could build the entire Lev/Yara and WLFs stuff for S3 along with Ellie & Tommy hunting Abby. Hopefully by then we'll get Part 3.
Is there a live service Last of Us game coming out based in San Francisco

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I feel like they have to in order to explain and give context/backround to all the moving pieces. I mean, the backstory to at least a couple of groups are so rich that they can spend 2 episodes each for them and it would translate to great TV.
specially the Scars. Them crazy fukkers have an awesome origin story and then how everything goes to shyt. Also can't wait for them whistles to give TV audience the :sadbron:
There's gonna be two seasons for Part 2 so they will take more time and wont be against the clock like in season 1. I wonder if Mazin and Druckmann will scrap the way Part 2 was told and make it more straight forward.
Ellie and Abby will probably get parallel stories but I don't think we'll get 3 days following Ellie and then go back and start from Day 1 to see Abby's side. Not sure TV lends itself to grab the viewer like it can grab video game players.

I do think we'll get a ton of flashbacks. They've set up Joel's Museum present to Ellie so well with all this talk about going to the Moon/Space :mjcry:
They better put those HBO writers to good use. They can do more than just copypasta the game.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
There wasn't any guarantee the process or procedure would have worked. Joel said fukk humanity, literally
Look at the alternative tho. Who wants to live in a world runnin from zombies on the daily. :what:

SMH at them letting Joel go in the first place. Shoulda just tied him up till it was done.

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
Look at the alternative tho. Who wants to live in a world runnin from zombies on the daily. :what:

SMH at them letting Joel go in the first place. Shoulda just tied him up till it was done.
Tbh, there is no guarantee the cure would've changed anything. People would still be at each other's throats over access to food, water, and other necessities. The only difference would be that they wouldn't turn when bitten by the infected.

20 years after the outbreak, humans are broken, scared, and living the best way they can. A cure does not fix the destroyed foundation of civilization. If anything, it would create an even bigger issue as FEDRA would immediately seek to control the cure, potentially leading to war.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Fireflies always been dumb
Humanity been broken for the last 20 years no infrastructure at all outside the QZs
Infected probably outnumber the remaining humans by like 50 to 1

A cure at this point in the apocalypse would be turning the infected back into humans not making the remainder of humans immune. Just like Elie they can still get ripped apart

The show actually made Joel even more right about his decision

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
Fireflies always been dumb
Humanity been broken for the last 20 years no infrastructure at all outside the QZs
Infected probably outnumber the remaining humans by like 50 to 1

A cure at this point in the apocalypse would be turning the infected back into humans not making the remainder of humans immune. Just like Elie they can still get ripped apart

The show actually made Joel even more right about his decision

They reminded me so much of The Fishes in Children of Men. My GOAT movie.

The Fireflies would've used a vaccine as leverage against FEDRA, not to save humanity.