'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
The Walking mid ain't had a legit perfect season in its entire run but the people who want zombie action and memes can't get enough of it. Those types of fans will absolutely hate this type of show because it dramatizes the material its based on instead of sensationalizing everything
There's a reason this show will be up for emmy's and the shows like The walking mid can't nominated for anything but costume or set design

Joel vs Rick
Can you describe Rick's character in season 1 the way you can describe Joel?
What are their character arcs?

See that's the difference season 1 of TLOU is an actual story with character work and not a vehicle for nonsense

Last edited:

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
It's really not. Show feel off a cliff 3 episodes in. Lol
I disagree, but like I said that’s my opinion. In your opinion how’d it fall of after the 3rd episode? People hate the Vatos episode and I know I’m in the minority in liking that episode. But the final two episodes was done very well (again imo). The last episode of season one even tied in with The premiere of season 7 (even though I hate that season and the show was falling off then).

Last edited:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I disagree, but like I said that’s my opinion. In your opinion how’d it fall of after the 3rd episode? People hate the Vatos episode and I know I’m in the minority in liking that episode. But the final two episodes was done very well (again imo). The last episode of season one even tied in with The premiere of season 7 (even though I hate that season and the show was falling of then).
The show turned into a really bad soap opera fan fiction in my opinion. The CDC episode isn't good and really show the limitations of their writers with writing original content. The way that tried to explain zombies without actually providing answers was some of the dumbest "writing yourself in a corner" content that I've ever witnessed. They would have good episode or a string of good episode, but there wasn't a single arch that even came close to source material.

Legendary 1st episode, but that was it's peak.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The Walking mid ain't had a legit perfect season in its entire run but the people who want zombie action and memes can't get enough of it. Those types of fans will absolutely hate this type of show because it dramatizes the material its based on instead of sensationalizing everything
There's a reason this show will be up for emmy's and the shows like The walking mid can't nominated for anything but costume or set design

Joel vs Rick

See that's the difference season 1 of TLOU is an actual story with character work and not a vehicle for nonsense

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Don’t want to be that guy but the finale was no better than a 6/10. If you did play the game. There’s no way you think they did a phenomenal job this episode yet alone the show as a whole. It felt rushed (which we knew they would do when they said it was only 43 minutes). Show overall is just ok. Some, if not most people thinks it’s incredible. I don’t get it, they’re not doing anything groundbreaking (I can’t stress this enough), and TWD season 1 was waaay better than this imo. And that was only six episodes, and it didn’t have the HBO budget/backing :manny:

I’m in for season 2 regardless (TLOU2 is what made me a fan of the series) but they have some things they’ll have to make some major improvements on. I just hope they not thinking they’re hot shyt or something, and everything they’re doing regarding the show thus far has been flawless/better. Because that’s the furthest from the truth.

Such as? I thought they did a phenomenal job translation what we saw in the game to television. It didn't need to be groundbreaking -- just stay as true to the source material, which in and of itself is incredible, as possible. I probably would have done episodes 3 and 7 differently, but they were still great, and helped explain the protagonist's motivation later on in the season. I'm wondering what was groundbreaking about TWD season 1 that you think makes it soooo much better.

Daps
So one of you spoiling ass negroes (or cacs), answer me this.

So does season 1 of the show cover the first game? Meaning, the season finale is how the first game ends?

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey

Joel vs Rick

Imo:
Joel (from the game) = Rick
Joel (from the show) < Rick

Some people think TWD is mid. Which is fine with me because I feel like they are two different shows with two different goals.
TWD is more about its universe, Rick is the star, and it’s also about his group. Also like TLOU it’s about survival.
TLOU show’s universe (at least this season) doesn’t seem all that dangerous. Yes there’s danger, but compared to the game, and TWD show it was very lackluster and damn near empty most episodes.

I can sum up both Rick, and Joel and their character arcs for season 1 of both shows (anyone can really, it’s not hard to do). Trust me I know both characters very well. But for the sake of keeping my post shorter (because I sometimes write too much). I will say it’s arguable Joel has the better arc. Especially if we’re talking about execution. Because again, Joel in TLOU show compared to the game just doesn’t compare (and I guess it’s not really supposed to, it’s the direction they took with the character).

Last edited: