'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this comes across way more wicked and selfish than it did in the game…I guess bcuz it’s a game it was easy to dismiss how horrible an action he took in “saving” ellie

Not letting nobody kill my "daughter" and slice her brain open.

The cordyceps gonna still be in Ellie's head to study when she dies a natural death.

There's nothing stopping these dudes from creating safe zones and protecting the borders from zombies. There should be tons of them. They haven't done it because society as they know it is over. Killing Ellie is not going to fix everything that's happened to humanity. It's done.

Last edited:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All the "REEEE LGBTQ Agenda!" aside, while what Joel did was horrible and selfish, Episode 3 was foreshadowing on solidifying even more why what Joel did [for him] was justified.

The way Bill describes how caring for and protecting Frank gave him a purpose, it's the same for Joel. After Sarah, Joel had nothing to live for, and tried to kill himself, because he couldn't bear being alone. Then he found Tess, but after she died, Joel was back to not having anyone he cared about. Ellie was the only thing that gave Joel motivation to keep surviving.

If Joel wasn't the main character, he would generally be considered a bad person,

which is why he deserves what he's gonna get in season 2 :mjgrin:

:yeshrug:

BigBlackSea

All Star
Daps
Whew! Y’all wanted demon time Joel and y’all got it. I still think he should have let her make the decision if she wants to play Jesus.

But then again, the reason I connect with this show is because while I have an 8 year old niece who is the apple of my eye. I’d lie to her ass too just out of selfishness and protectiveness. “fukk them humans. You ain’t sacrificing your life for some theoretical cure”
I'm glad they added the scene about Joel attempting suicide the day after his daughter died.

It helped put more weight behind his decision at the hospital. Like this man was just surviving like a husk for 20 years, and he was staring at the possibility of going back to that point. Especially, if there is a possibility that cure doesn't even work.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
My thoughts on the finale:

1) It was rushed and underwhelming. It wasn't terrible but it was just OK to me.

2) Hearing and seeing Ashley Johnson was cool. Every word she said all I could hear was Ellie. Also, Terra from Teen Titans (who she is also the voice of).

3) The slow mo and the music ruined the hospital scene with Joel and the Fireflies for me.

4) I want to see what they do with Season 2 and how they adapt the 2nd game.

5) I'm not sure that I see Bella Ramsey playing an older Ellie. Bella is a great actress but they should probably recast (just my opinion though).

6) Overall, the season was great though.

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Yea every molotov and nail bomb I had went into the mission...I actually think when I played it first I got them all grouped together and blew them up :banderas:
I didn’t feel like dealing with the bloaters and my stealth game is cheeks so I had a full blown mob chasing my ass in the end. I remember screaming at Ellie to hurry the fukk up and push that crate down. :russ:

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Craig Mazin confirmed The Last of Us HBO Season 2 will be different from The Last of Us Part 2: "It will be different just as this season was different [from the first game]," he continued. "Sometimes it will be different radically, and sometimes it will be [barely] different at all. But it's going to be different and it will be its own thing. It won't be exactly like the game. It will be the show that Neil and I want to make. But we are making it with Bella."
So they're sticking with Bella for Season 2? Lame. Bella should decline the role (I know she won't).

Bella is already 19 and yet she looks too young and is tiny (5'1"). I just can't see her as an older Ellie. She was great for this season but season 2? Nah.

Whatever, I'll see what happens.

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I haven't seriously gamed since like 2005 :yeshrug:
DLC = Downloadable Content

DLCs are "additional content created for an already released video game, distributed through the Internet by the game's publisher". DLCs "allows game developers to continue to work on their games, adding new content and new additions that can modify gameplay greatly".

You usually have to pay for DLCs. Also, DLCs have been around since before 2005.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
So they're sticking with Bella for Season 2? Lame. Bella should decline the role (I know she won't).

Bella is already 19 and yet she looks too young and is tiny (5'1"). I just can't see her as an older Ellie. She was great for this season but season 2? Nah.

Whatever, I'll see what happens.
Big part of that is the show runners aging her down to look way younger than she is. Hairstyle, baggy clothes, camera angles, etc

Mature outfits, makeup, exposing that foream tat older Ellie has, and shooting the Hugh Jackman wolverine angles are gonna have her looking like an old ass woman next season:mjlol:

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Big part of that is the show runners aging her down to look way younger than she is. Hairstyle, baggy clothes, camera angles, etc

Mature outfits, makeup, exposing that foream tat older Ellie has, and shooting the Hugh Jackman wolverine angles are gonna have her looking like an old ass woman next season:mjlol:
I get what you're saying and they'll definitely have to use makeup and some other tricks to make Bella look older but have you seen Bella lol? She looks pretty much the same in real life.

To me, it would just make more sense practically and financially to cast a new actress as an older Ellie. But the creators/producers are definitely personally attached to Bella and so are many viewers of this season. So, it's highly unlikely she'll be recasted.

Oh well :manny:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
:patrice:you sure about that?
Common misconception from one of the doctor's logs you find in the game.

This is a post I made on here when the game came out originally:
Brehs,

I went back and read past posts and a lot of y'all were saying the surgeon's recording said Ellie wasn't the only one, but:
Surgeon's recording
"April 28th. Marlene was right. The girl's infection is like nothing I've ever seen. The cause of her immunity is uncertain. As we've seen in all past cases, the antigenic titers of the patient's Cordyceps remain high in both the serum and the cerebrospinal fluid. Blood cultures taken from the patient rapidly grow Cordyceps in fungal-media in the lab... however white blood cell lines, including percentages and absolute-counts, are completely normal. There is no elevation of pro-inflammatory cytokines, and an MRI of the brain shows no evidence of fungal-growth in the limbic regions, which would normally accompany the prodrome of aggression in infected patients. We must find a way to replicate this state under laboratory conditions. We're about to hit a milestone in human history equal to the discovery of penicillin. After years of wandering in circles we're about to come home, make a difference, and bring the human race back in control of its own destiny. All of our sacrifices and the hundreds of men and women who've bled for this cause, or worse, will not be in vain."

:lupe:

shonuff

All Star
Daps
this comes across way more wicked and selfish than it did in the game…I guess bcuz it’s a game it was easy to dismiss how horrible an action he took in “saving” ellie
I'm sorry thats bullshyt

- how is promising to save and protect the child of someone you loved and cared about- Marlene and Anna were friends for years - Anna wouldn't sacrifice her baby and trusted Marlene to look out for her

you have to be REALLY fukked up and evil to then serve them up to be butchered for what may or may not be a "cure" ...and the show and game makes it plain ...there is NO cure ( the scientist makes it clear from the first episode there is no vaccine or cure man can come up with for a fungus like cordycyps )

Dude has been saving his daughter all his post apocalypse life ....how the fukk is saving the person you love and you're supposed to protect

You can't reconcile and excuse Henry's sacrifice for Sam and then turn around and say Joel is selfish and wicked....

Becuase Joel doesn't do anything different from Henry.

Last edited: