'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
It wasnt about him being alone. He wanted to kill himself because he was grieving his daughter. And while he lost Tess, that wasn’t something that changed who he was. He wasn’t suicidal. He was and always is, at his base, a survivor. Ellie made him want to be more than a survivor.
Yeah, being "more than a survivor" was his purpose with Ellie. Just like being more than survivor was Bill's purpose with Frank. That's my point.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It’s a video game breh
I guess if you have zero awareness of games maybe but even being the least bit aware people were all in their feelings about how part 2 started and what happened half way into the game. News feeds on websites and social media I just don't see how people weren't exposed to it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Season 2 is going to be a shytshow here for hot takes

Even though I played both games people spoiling season 2 have some self control and try to think before you post instead of being a fukking jackass(
I think season 2 will work better as a show than it did as a game. It will probably have some restructuring so that you experience what I would call both halves of the plot at the same time instead of going through one half then a cliffhanger than being forced to experience the other in isolation.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Eff all that. He just killed like 15 Fireflies and a surgeon. Why would you think he’s about to give up now? She should’ve shot him when his back was turned and she had the drop on him
Probably scared that she could miss somehow and hit Ellie or the bullet goes through joel and hits ellie or joel falls down in a way that kills Ellie
Its very tricky shooting a gun

Daps
Excellent end to the season.

With this finale I’m finally seeing why this show is being hyped. Earlier in the season I remarked that it was a cool, quality show, but didn’t get why people were putting this on a GOAT tier. Now I get it. Still not convinced it’s on that GOAT tier but now I get why some might put it there and maybe one day I will myself. Really looking forward to next season. Hope they don’t take a long break that they are with House of the Dragon.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Killing the immune is such an ethical "NO" imo. Especially, when infrastructure has been fukked and there are barely any good damn infected. What's the point!? Not it stopped the infected from killing you.
They don't even have a fridge to store materials.

Fireflies are so unprepared and undermanned that it's laughable. Just asking Joel and Tess to do what their members couldn't is a major red flag.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Great fukking show 9.5/10. At least i have the game to hold me over in a couple of weeks for my first play through.

@Nero Christ i hope that if the world were ever to be infected, u die some lame silly death like getting ran over by a bicycle for showing a major spoiler :pacspit:

fukk this thread until season 2

giphy.webp
save this energy for someone that gives a fukk

crying when I didn't even reveal anything

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Part 2 is way more violent then part 1. And if their doing two seasons out of part 2 :whew:
Craig Mazin confirmed The Last of Us HBO Season 2 will be different from The Last of Us Part 2: "It will be different just as this season was different [from the first game]," he continued. "Sometimes it will be different radically, and sometimes it will be [barely] different at all. But it's going to be different and it will be its own thing. It won't be exactly like the game. It will be the show that Neil and I want to make. But we are making it with Bella."

I personally don’t want them to change much, if anything at all.

Daps
Eff all that. He just killed like 15 Fireflies and a surgeon. Why would you think he’s about to give up now? She should’ve shot him when his back was turned and she had the drop on him
Man, it didn’t even make sense for Marlene to tell Joel she was going to kill Ellie for the cure. Such an unnecessary risk. She didn’t gain anything from telling him.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Man, it didn’t even make sense for Marlene to tell Joel she was going to kill Ellie for the cure. Such an unnecessary risk. She didn’t gain anything from telling him.
She didnt know the nikka caught feelings :manny:

shyt when she last saw them Joel didnt even want to take her and was only doing it for payment.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
They don't even have a fridge to store materials.

Fireflies are so unprepared and undermanned that it's laughable. Just asking Joel and Tess to do what their members couldn't is a major red flag.
I was hoping they didn't make it sooo one sided to justify Joel, but they did.

In the game, there was soooo much infected to point that it didn't make sense for them to be alive 20 years later. I could see a cure being important in the game, but not in the show.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Don’t want to be that guy but the finale was no better than a 6/10. If you did play the game. There’s no way you think they did a phenomenal job this episode yet alone the show as a whole. It felt rushed (which we knew they would do when they said it was only 43 minutes). Show overall is just ok. Some, if not most people thinks it’s incredible. I don’t get it, they’re not doing anything groundbreaking (I can’t stress this enough), and TWD season 1 was waaay better than this imo. And that was only six episodes, and it didn’t have the HBO budget/backing :manny:

I’m in for season 2 regardless (TLOU2 is what made me a fan of the series) but they have some things they’ll have to make some major improvements on. I just hope they not thinking they’re hot shyt or something, and everything they’re doing regarding the show thus far has been flawless/better. Because that’s the furthest from the truth.

Last edited:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
But what really matters is that Joel was a coward and lie to Ellie.

All it would of taken was two brain cells to figure out how fukking stupid the fireflies was...

And the show constantly drop hints that Fireflies were a radical sect and only wanted to overthrown the QZ and military government with constant bombings and having children guard pipe bombs.

Vaccine is such a sham. Just a political tool.