'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

Daps
How much yall wanna bet that the complaints next season are “too much infected, its like walking dead now :unimpressed:

stupid gamers don't seem to get that the show should strive to not be like the walking dead
Literally ruined itself by making the zombies useless and making all the drama around how edgy they could make the humans

season 2 if more focus is put on the infected will fall off tremendously

Wanting more infected is a legitimate critique and does not make one a stupid gamer

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I'm hard pressed to believe that Marlene wouldn't have killed Joel right then and there, but that's just me.
Marlene was empathetic to Joel’s plight because they both cared for Ellie but she was willing to do what Joel wouldn’t. She also didn’t want to risk shooting Ellie to kill Joel, who she believed she had dead to rights.

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
They did it. The greatest video game adaptation of all time, period.

Not as good as the game, but still of very high quality.

Cant wait to see PART II FINALLY get the fukking praise, discussion and love it deserves. fukking weirdo, small dikk ass gamers were too dumb to understand that story. What a goddamn MASTERPIECE of a game.

TV brehs, you have an incoming masterpiece to look forward to.

maxresdefault.jpg

Bring on the HATE and brutality. :wow: :blessed: :blessed: :wow: :blessed: :blessed: :wow::wow:

im surprised they didn’t give Jerry more screen time to build up the character for season 2, just straight popped him
season 2 will have fashbacks.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Great fukking show 9.5/10. At least i have the game to hold me over in a couple of weeks for my first play through.

@Nero Christ i hope that if the world were ever to be infected, u die some lame silly death like getting ran over by a bicycle for showing a major spoiler :pacspit:

fukk this thread until season 2

Last edited:

Him

1-1800-IMHIM
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
One game detail I'm mad they left out is Marlene on the tape recorders explaining that Ellie wasn't the first one they had that was immune and they had tried to use for a cure and it hadn't worked before.
They'll probably have some sort of reference to that during season 2, like a small flash back to when Joel was going on a rampage in the hospital to save Ellie, he stumbled across some documents that made mention of their being others they tried to use for a cure which made him kill the doctor without hesitation.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
That was a great finale. I understand whoever wanted more action against infected but I personally didn't need any more than what they showed so :yeshrug:

Joel confessing he almost killed himself and then telling Ellie in the most Joel way possible that she was his "cure" was incredible :wow: :mjcry:

My only nitpick is that Ellie's is much more focused on getting to the Fireflies and give her life some meaning by helping find a cure in the game, she basically tells you she doesn't care if she dies as long as her life was worth it (by helping find a cure). That sentiment wasn't that well presented in the TV show. Ellie does want to help find a cure but her purpose is all over the place, as opposed to the game.

And yes, on the TV show Joel's decisions comes across way worse. That dialogue in the end when she speaks to Ellie about Sarah is way creepier too as you can see Ellie's reaction being "this dude really is replacing his daughter with me" and in the end going "fukk it, he's the one good thing that I have left".

:salute: Craig Mazin for how he adapted an incredible video game and :salute: Neil Druckmann for being there to make sure shyt would be done the right way.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
She know deep down he lying smh Joel
That was actually triggering for me. I have a real problem with family lying about important shyt. I know he wants to protect her, but she’s a kid who has literally been through the worst; he could’ve kept it 💯. She needs to know the truth because it ALWAYS pops up down the line.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Why is there so much reverence for Joel in this show?

Marlene: I prayed that I was never indebted to you and now I owe you. :whoa:

fukk all that. Peel this nikka’s cap so he doesn’t fukk up your objective. Why she even lowered her gun at the bed instead of pooping him when she had the drop on him… I’ll never know
I dont think Marlene saw the gun he had at first. He hold Elle with two hands :manny:
It wasnt about him being alone. He wanted to kill himself because he was grieving his daughter. And while he lost Tess, that wasn’t something that changed who he was. He wasn’t suicidal. He was and always is, at his base, a survivor. Ellie made him want to be more than a survivor.
Right, Tess didnt affect him because he always kept Tess at a distance, even after 20 years together.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Right, Tess didnt affect him because he always kept Tess at a distance, even after 20 years together.
Exactly. And even Tess knew why. Because Joel would not open himself to be any closer to people because he doesn’t want to feel loss like that anymore.

It’s like fools just want to say shyt for the sake of saying shyt and trying to sound profound. The show couldn’t have been any more straightforward and on the nose about this yet people still want to try and make it out to be something else.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I really wish they would have put more emphasis on Joel killing the doctor considering how big of a plot point that is in the next game. Like come on at least have dude mention how he has a daughter or something.:mindblown:
They're 100% going to expand on this for a whole episode during season 2. I put cash money on that:heh: