'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Finale was a little rushed but it was fine. They didn’t really let it build … could have been much more epic. It’s all good though.

I’d rate the season 8.5/10

Some pacing issues, character choices and some episodes where they wasted time.

But other than that I thought it was fire.

I hope for season 2 they really deviate from the story they told in the game so I can be surprised.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
GOAT season 1
I can't help but be amazed about how many episodes just hit the key points of the game to complete the show in 9 eps
Unreal

Joel made a tough decision but ultimately humanity is done either way. No coming back from an apocolypse like this where so much infrastructure is destroyed all over the world

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Alright my final thoughts on the season before i dip…

The video game >>>>>>>>the show

But thats only because the video game is really like 5 hours longer and you can’t really replace the feeling of role playing as Joel. Naturally, the medium of gaming brings you a lot closer to the characters, you spend more itme with them, you make tactical and ethical decisions as them, and you linger a bit longer with them in every scene. There’s no way film can replicate that. Which is why gaming > film, as far as the story telling potential of each medium go.

The show is about an 8.8/10 maybe even a 9 to me, its not perfect but it doesn’t really have to be. It set a bar for video game adaptations that probably won’t be matched anytime soon. It did enough not to bring down one of my favorite games of all time and have it be memed and clowned on, and its also going to bring mroe money to the game, and thats really enough for me.

I thought the actors killed it, i loved that they included my favorite scenes of the game, and I like that there is an overall consensus that this will bring in awards and more attention and money to adapting good game stories.

God of War is up next (technically its twisted metal and gran turismo but we ain’t putting our chips on that) to carry on the gaming legacy on the silver screen.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whew! Y’all wanted demon time Joel and y’all got it. I still think he should have let her make the decision if she wants to play Jesus.

But then again, the reason I connect with this show is because while I have an 8 year old niece who is the apple of my eye. I’d lie to her ass too just out of selfishness and protectiveness. “fukk them humans. You ain’t sacrificing your life for some theoretical cure”

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Yeah NGL Joel was a huge piece of shyt for what he did.:russ: Still like the character but I can’t front that was 1000% selfish and evil.:russ:
Nah he was justified to do what he did. That's the problem if they wanted Joel to be viewed as the bad guy they needed to completely reframe the situation
Crazy militants attack you and abduct Elie
Immediately they tell you Elie is prepped for surgery without her consent
say they are going to kill elie for the chance at a cure.
Joel rightfully says this is wrong because you are killing a little girl with no guarantee

Marlene talks down to him some more and sends him away

They did everything to push Joel over the edge about the situation

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Even in the world of the Last of Us, you can find a can of beefaroni because as a kid that shyt is TRASH!!!
The ravioli though :banderas:

I bought a can the other night (that product placement tho :wow:) just to restore the feeling and that shyt was so basura.:camby:

Took one bite of that and toss the rest to my dog 🐕