'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Season was Gawd Tier.
UKVu0t8.gif

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Pacing was an issue throughout, that would probably be my major gripe. Think this finale and the stuff with david couldve used like another 15 to 20min each, idk. Overall, very good season though and looking forward to S2.
Seeing how nonchalantly he kills the doc
besides the obvious, you see why Abby got beef. Man killed her dad like he was roadkill.
tbf the doc came at him with a knife :manny: :troll:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I dont understand how people think the finale was rushed it was almost scene for scene the final spring chapter minus the bloaters in the tunnel which is the most end game boss video game-y part of the entire game

Yea every molotov and nail bomb I had went into the mission...I actually think when I played it first I got them all grouped together and blew them up :banderas:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
My theory is that they toned down all the violence through the game so that it would be more shocking and impactful when he went full savage later in the season.
That's why the stated in an article before the season started. Not gonna be as violent overall as the games so that the violent moments hit harder.
In the transition from interactive media to television, Druckmann said that his co-creator Craig Mazin and HBO spoke to him very early on about toning down the show’s graphic violence, saying, “Let’s take out all the violence except for the very essential.” Druckmann said he loved this idea, as he felt that this gave the violence present in the series much more gravity.

“That allowed the violence to have even more impact than in the game, because when you hold on showing the threat and you’re seeing people’s reaction to a threat, that makes it scarier,” Druckmann said. “And when we do reveal the infected and the Clickers, you get to see what brought down humanity and why everyone is so scared.”

BigBlackSea

All Star
Daps
Unless you wanted them to do the tunnel part.. which they weren't gonna do:skip:

this ep was gonna feel short.

Definitely enjoyed the hell of this show.

and Part 2 is set up real nice :wow:
Shyt reminds me of manga-to-anime adaptation. BnHA had the whole Dark Deku arc feeling way longer than it was, probably due to the weekly releases and hiatuses.
The anime blew through what took three months or so for the manga in a matter of three weeks (Wish Naruto took pages out of their book lol).

Guess it depends on the showrunner. Certain things get hacked out between transition from medium to medium. Filler content in a video game is a big no in film/TV where you only have 1-2 hrs to say what you want to say.

BigBlackSea

All Star
Daps
yeah…great season but I think I would’ve enjoyed it more if I wasn’t familiar with the content…it took the surprises out of a lot of the episodes…I also thought that even tho they’ve cut back on the infected, that we’d at least get the tunnel scene before they got to the hospital
Yeah, I think my viewing was spoiled by having the video game as a fixture of how the show should run. I'm just going to look through the lens of the show being it's own thing. So long as they get the major plot points down, it's a good show.