'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
Ellie helps bring Joel back to humanity. She gives him a purpose. He gives her her life back. She's now able to touch other people's lives. Joel said it, his daughter woulda liked her cuz she's funny. And people need that in the desolate world they live in. So, in a way, Joel did save humanity that day. :sas1:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
So Joel bout to solo a whole building of armed Fireflies, on some Universal Soldier shyt, but some fakkits in this thread said you can’t do the same shyt as the game, it’s unrealistic :unimpressed:
My theory is that they toned down all the violence through the season so that it would be more shocking and impactful when he went full savage later in the season.

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I killed all the surgeons cause I thought I had to, to get elly off the table. I felt bad cause they were all begging

yeah with the video game (and just video games in general) the impact of these deaths doesn’t hit as hard

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
this comes across way more wicked and selfish than it did in the game…I guess bcuz it’s a game it was easy to dismiss how horrible an action he took in “saving” ellie

It's funny you say that because I took a lot of the build up of the episode as justification for why Joel did what he did. But it's like @Nero Christ said. In the game, our perspective was skewed because we play as Joel. From an outsider looking in, you can see how selfish Joel's decision was.

That also gets put into perspective from Abby's POV in Part 2.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
yeah…great season but I think I would’ve enjoyed it more if I wasn’t familiar with the content…it took the surprises out of a lot of the episodes…I also thought that even tho they’ve cut back on the infected, that we’d at least get the tunnel scene before they got to the hospital
Oh you didn’t know? Infected would’ve broken the immersion of the show :troll: