'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
This aspect is kind of secondary though. It isn't really a zombie show.
Also, that part. We are seeing a world where the government(FEDRA) had a quick response to the outbreak and we 20 years into it. They would know how to deal with the infected so they really wouldnt be too much of an issue. I'm sure if we stayed with Joel after his daughter died we we get a lot more infected action.

Compare that to TWD which is based on a comic with stories heavily dependant on zombies. Where everything was overran by zombies. We were with Rick as the outbreak happened and basically stayed with him.

Zombies and infected are a central part of the IP.
Its a central part of the game, because it's a game and they need the player to do something. With a show you can focus more on the story/characters.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

Next they’ll make Resident Evil but focus on Weskers inner demons and personal life :hubie:. Ya it’s cool to see that play on things, but it’s a cop out to ignore the damn main part of why these characters are living how they are.
They decided to level up and make an actual award winning drama instead of 40 minutes of killing for 9 weeks :manny:

If y’all want to see Ellie and Joel do nothing but shoot people in the head the video games will always be there.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Its a central part of the game, because it's a game and they need the player to do something. With a show you can focus more on the story/characters.
Wild that’s somehow getting lost but here we are. People complaining would maybe have a point if the people that actually made the games weren’t running the show too :mjlol:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Wild that’s somehow getting lost but here we are. People complaining would maybe have a point if the people that actually made the games weren’t running the show too :mjlol:
George RR Martin was heavily involved in GoT too, see how that turned out. That’s a weak argument.

Like I said we can focus on character development and all that other shyt and still make a show worth the original IP that it came from. In my opinion, they haven’t done that. It’s not as good as y’all want to say it is to everyone familiar with the story. If you love it then great…it’ll probably win some awards too…still doesn’t mean it can’t be criticized

Edit: and :mjlol: at level up. This is a big downgrade from the story telling of the original be fukking serious

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
George RR Martin was heavily involved in GoT too, see how that turned out. That’s a weak argument.
What does that mean? He involved in one of the greatest shows ever? GRRM was involved all the way up til S4ish. Which damn near everyone agrees are the best seasons. He wasnt involved in the later seasons.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
They decided to level up and make an actual award winning drama instead of 40 minutes of killing for 9 weeks :manny:

If y’all want to see Ellie and Joel do nothing but shoot people in the head the video games will always be there.
It's not a zero-sum game.

They could have the drama and still included more infected.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
What does that mean? He involved in one of the greatest shows ever? GRRM was involved all the way up til S4ish. Which damn near everyone agrees are the best seasons. He wasnt involved in the later seasons.
Fair. But my point was them being involved doesn’t mean it’s immune to criticism from fans.

I don’t know why they refuse to admit this. It’s not even like the drama is some ground breaking new shyt, the acting can be hit or miss.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I don’t know why they refuse to admit this. It’s not even like the drama is some ground breaking new shyt, the acting can be hit or miss.

narrative wise, where would they be inserted? And what would you want them to do with them other than some action callback to the game?
Episode 1: We got infected killing when the outbreak first happened.
Episode 2: We got Joel/Ellie/Tess fighting infected and Tess/Stalker kiss scene
Episode 3: Bill/Frank. We got Ellie poking the guy and infected walking into traps.
Episode 4: No infected
Episode 5: End of KC arc and we got a horde with a bloater
Episode 6: Jackson, No infected. In a remote area that's secure, makes sense to not see any infected.
Episode 7: Left Behind, stalker bites them both
Episode 8: No infected. Again, remote area.

How would Ellie/Joel face dozens of infected and survive? They've shown that damn near every encounter the main characters have had with infected have had casualties. I doubt yall wouldve been happy with them riding by a horde during the timeskip.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
narrative wise, where would they be inserted? And what would you want them to do with them other than some action callback to the game?
Episode 1: We got infected killing when the outbreak first happened.
Episode 2: We got Joel/Ellie/Tess fighting infected and Tess/Stalker kiss scene
Episode 3: Bill/Frank. We got Ellie poking the guy and infected walking into traps.
Episode 4: No infected
Episode 5: End of KC arc and we got a horde with a bloater
Episode 6: Jackson, No infected. In a remote area that's secure, makes sense to not see any infected.
Episode 7: Left Behind, stalker bites them both
Episode 8: No infected. Again, remote area.

How would Ellie/Joel face dozens of infected and survive? They've shown that damn near every encounter the main characters have had with infected have had casualties. I doubt yall wouldve been happy with them riding by a horde during the timeskip.
You do know that "the narrative" is controlled by the show makers, right?

If they wanted to interweave more infected into the story, they could have.

Also, I've already said that I like the show and that it's one of the best video game adaptions ever. It's still not above criticism/critique.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Next they’ll make Resident Evil but focus on Weskers inner demons and personal life :hubie:. Ya it’s cool to see that play on things, but it’s a cop out to ignore the damn main part of why these characters are living how they are.

And how have those resident evil adaptations been going so far? :jbhmm:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I just noticed that they have combat veteran sticker on their struck, i forget if its Tommy’s or Joels truck but it would mean one of them were in the military and killed people before most likely

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
You do know that "the narrative" is controlled by the show makers, right?

If they wanted to interweave more infected into the story, they could have.

Also, I've already said that I like the show and that it's one of the best video game adaptions ever. It's still not above criticism/critique.
God forbid right? Lol. Almost every critique of this show mentions lack of zombies or real threats to the characters. It’s like watching a lifetime movie except piggybacking off a successful franchise’s name.