'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
I thought they said they were doing the first game for the first season? There's no way based off the ep 9 trailer they're going to wrap up the whole thing in another hour..

Pacing probably fixing to be fugazi
There's really not much left

You have the giraffe scene then they are found by the fireflies..

Joel kills all the fireflies then lies to Ellie about it..

At some point you get backstory on Ellie's mom Anna and that's it..

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
When Ellie makes her escape, the entire town is looking for her. The community is on high alert, complete with the town bell ringing the alarm. Ellie starts off with no weapons, and Joel is armed to the teeth. They’re basically on opposite sides of town, and take out every able-bodied male before Ellie has her 1:1 with David.

I never played the game but this makes way more sense. I was wondering where tf everyone was at when Ellie escaped and that building was burning down. Seemed like her and Joel were celebrating too early when there would be a town of people looking for revenge

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never played the game but this makes way more sense. I was wondering where tf everyone was at when Ellie escaped and that building was burning down. Seemed like her and Joel were celebrating too early when there would be a town of people looking for revenge

I wondered the same. I think what happened: because they went out looking for Joel, they were camped at a staging area outside of town. Close enough to get back to town within the day, but far enough away that people wouldn’t hear the shots.

It’s the only way that final scene makes sense, in terms of Joel/Ellie wreaking that much chaos and limping away unscathed.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
I would have hated this show pre-pandemic. "No way the Government cares that much", but now FEDRA would be the first thing that happened :francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I wondered the same. I think what happened: because they went out looking for Joel, they were camped at a staging area outside of town. Close enough to get back to town within the day, but far enough away that people wouldn’t hear the shots.

It’s the only way that final scene makes sense, in terms of Joel/Ellie wreaking that much chaos and limping away unscathed.

Troy Baker was on a podcast and he said the idea was that davids followers/towns people pretty much just gave up on him, either they locked themselves inside or started leaving. They didn’t do a good job of showing that aspect but they did imply that people weren’t really rockin with David by the time he came back with the deer.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I was doubtful at the beginning, but this show is dropping banger after banger every week, even for someone as myself who played the game :wow:

They're setting up so much stuff for season 2 or to clarify aspects of the first part, and it's done very naturally and cleverly. Down to

• Joel giving his coat to Ellie when he finds her at the end of episode 8, after she escaped the rape attempt.

In the part 2-game, after he's killed, Ellie goes to his house and finds his old coat that she smells and decides to wear it. You get that it reminds her of him, but now there is a much stronger emotional attachment to it for her character

• Episode 6, they show that Joel is able to lie when he doesn't want to confront things and I'm not sure if it was done like that in the game. Great set up for the finale that ends up with his biggest lie.
  • The Jackson location that has been entirely previewed before season 2.
  • Same thing for Tommy's ability with the sniper they hinged on a little bit.
  • Ellie trying to save Sam which reinforces her character's mission and will clarify the negative impact of Joel taking that from her.

Etc, etc, etc. So much stuff.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
This aspect is kind of secondary though. It isn't really a zombie show.
Zombies and infected are a central part of the IP.

Next they’ll make Resident Evil but focus on Weskers inner demons and personal life :hubie:. Ya it’s cool to see that play on things, but it’s a cop out to ignore the damn main part of why these characters are living how they are.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Zombies and infected are a central part of the IP.

Next they’ll make Resident Evil but focus on Weskers inner demons and personal life :hubie:. Ya it’s cool to see that play on things, but it’s a cop out to ignore the damn main part of why these characters are living how they are.
you know better than this.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
you know better than this.
It’s just how I feel. I still watch it’s just not moving me like it is people in here. As far as video game adaptations go it’s better than the shyt we’ve gotten in the past, but it’s weak for a HBO show.