'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Man... The time management for the next episode got me :damn: :what:

43 minutes season finale. Shortest episode of the season. Should be an hour and half.

Less is more with this series i’ve discovered. Some of the longer episodes tend to drag in sections. Episode 7 in particular could’ve stood to be shortened up

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
huge fan of ali’s acting (dunno why you spoilered his name) but in hindsight I’m glad they went with pascal tho

If they cast Ali and a black actress as Ellie that shyt would’ve been FIRE but I doubt HBO would have the balls to do that and watching a black man chaperoning a white girl around the world risking life and limb to save her would’ve given magical negro Bojangles/Shirley Temple vibes so in hindsight i’m happy they went with Pedro

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
It would break the reality of the show to include them the way the show/game establishes.

It‘s easier to believe Walking Dead outrunning a horde of 20 slow zombies, but these fast infected jumping a group of 3 or 4 should be a wrap every time for someone in the group. There’s no save point or restart button if your health bar drops to zero.

The Bloater showed up in KC after they established the infected were underground for 15 years. Long enough for a few infected to grow that big. It wouldn’t make sense for them to be in a bunch of places where Fedra had been killing infected regularly.
The didn’t do it because they didn’t want to. That’s it. There’s ways to include them and keep it realistic. The people making this show just don’t want to make it about the infected, they’re focusing on the human aspect. I definitely expected a more survival horror aspect to be shown.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:unimpressed: This shyt coming off like a fan made project. The show just looks ridiculously cheap

Dude who played David cannot act for shyt. They added some lines to make him cartoonishly evil

This better not win any awards :mjlol:

I agree. Some of the casting is way off. The Great Value versions of the real game characters but the acting is there.

:yeshrug:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Cool.

But you are in the minority breh. :yeshrug:
I honestly am OK with that. But I’ve seen enough reviews online and other forums to know it’s not a far out opinion like that. It’s a decent drama show, it’s a bad zombie apocalypse show.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I honestly am OK with that. But I’ve seen enough reviews online and other forums to know it’s not a far out opinion like that. It’s a decent drama show, it’s a bad zombie apocalypse show.
Yeah, I can agree with this.

Like I said in the previous page, people who expected TLOU to be your typical zombie/infected show are going to be disappointed.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Apparently, Mahershala Ali almost played Joel. :whoo:

yeah I remember the rumors at the time
I think if you go far back in this thread people were talking about it
edit
The Last Of Us: Mahershala Ali Offered Lead Role Of Joel In Upcoming HBO Series: Exclusive - The Illuminerdi

I’m for it I think it’s great way for the game and show to be their own entities. Mahershala would be pretty dope as Joel too. :wow:

plus the Cacs about to be hotter at this than Abby :mjlit:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I like the show and I understand your point but they could have struck a balance. They could have included more infected without it becoming "mundane and boring".

I know that they are leaning into the drama/emotional side for this show (I've talked about this before in this thread) and I'm fine with that but they still could have included more infected.

I know that some people will say "Well, that's unrealistic" but the entire premise of the show is unrealistic and it's literally based off of a video game. Also, what Joel did in episode 8 was highly unrealistic (and I love episode 8). Joel basically turned into the Hulk after 2 doses of penicillin :mjlol:

Joel would still be out of commission for a while even after receiving the penicillin (also, Ellie didn't administer the penicillin properly). Joel is also lucky that he isn't allergic to penicillin either :lolbron:
Don't even bring up the stitch work with that dirty needle and thread :scust: