'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
WINTER should’ve been 3 episodes. I wanted to see Ellie and David against the runners, clickers and bloater. I wanted to see Joel murk all them cannibals while the church bell rang in the background. I wanted to see Ellie go Rambo on them at the resort.

mad-kick.gif

Joel fully attached to Ellie now after nursing him back to health. Calling her “baby girl”

:mjcry:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
hmm this makes sense especially given the cult-like following he had
David was a teacher before the apocalypse. He was definitely molesting/raping some of the girls that he taught :francis:

So we ain’t seen Ashley Johnson yet. Wonder if she’s getting a good role or not
She will be in the finale in a flashback as Ellie's mom

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
David was a teacher before the apocalypse. He was definitely molesting/raping some of the girls that he taught :francis:

She will be in the finale in a flashback as Ellie's mom

I don’t doubt that but I found it interesting how ppl were listening to anything he had to say…the other men in particular

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Show is dope. If they were wailing on zombies all day like in the game they wouldn’t feel like a threat anymore. They would become mundane and boring…like in Walking Dead.
I like the show and I understand your point but they could have struck a balance. They could have included more infected without it becoming "mundane and boring".

I know that they are leaning into the drama/emotional side for this show (I've talked about this before in this thread) and I'm fine with that but they still could have included more infected.

I know that some people will say "Well, that's unrealistic" but the entire premise of the show is unrealistic and it's literally based off of a video game. Also, what Joel did in episode 8 was highly unrealistic (and I love episode 8). Joel basically turned into the Hulk after 2 doses of penicillin :mjlol:

Joel would still be out of commission for a while even after receiving the penicillin (also, Ellie didn't administer the penicillin properly). Joel is also lucky that he isn't allergic to penicillin either :lolbron:

Last edited:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I like the show and I understand your point but they could have struck a balance. They could have included more infected without it becoming "mundane and boring".

I know that they are leaning into the drama/emotional side for this show (I've talked about this before in this thread) and I'm fine with that but they still could have included more infected.

I know that some people will say "Well, that's unrealistic" but the entire premise of the show is unrealistic and it's literally based off of a video game. Also, what Joel did in episode 8 was highly unrealistic (and I love episode 8). Joel basically turned into the Hulk after 2 doses of penicillin :mjlol:

Joel would still be out of commission for a while even after receiving the penicillin (also, Ellie didn't administer the penicillin properly). Joel is also lucky that he isn't allergic penicillin either :lolbron:
Fair point. I think that Druckmans attempts at brow beating his audience about violence while also making a game where you can pop pills to get more violent head shots have been….confusing, but I still credit him with including Joel’s brutality in this season.

the real test will be if they’re willing to make Ellie a selfish murderous shyt head like they did in the game.

The zombies thing might also be budget, but, yeah, I would have liked to see Ellie and David take on a bloater.

Last edited: