'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Best show running easily between this year and last. I don't even see complaints about the acting or writing because its so well made and hard to attack from a technical standpoint
Its just the incel crowd complaining about gay romance or not enough action. The lowest level of criticism is always going to get laughed at and called out. You all need to come harder when you are criticizing this show

Its funny to say the show isn't focusing on the games storyline aka the action segments that would have been ridiculous when played out in live action. So many issues with this discourse but I think the biggest is that some fans don't realize fidelity to the game would have made this show into the worst type of tv show

You want every episode to have Joel and Elie by themselves taking down hundreds of enemies? No that would be stupid and make the infected and raiders look like jokes in terms of threat for the rest of the series. What they are doing is far more effective in making the threats hold up every episode.

People so afraid to say the tv show is making the source material better by not including the segments where elie takes down 20+ infected all by herself before she ever learned anything from joel

I don't mind the gay stuff and I believe that the game is one of the best of all time but I still think the show is slightly overrated.

They need to nail these last 2 episodes.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Best show running easily between this year and last. I don't even see complaints about the acting or writing because its so well made and hard to attack from a technical standpoint
Its just the incel crowd complaining about gay romance or not enough action. The lowest level of criticism is always going to get laughed at and called out. You all need to come harder when you are criticizing this show

Its funny to say the show isn't focusing on the games storyline aka the action segments that would have been ridiculous when played out in live action. So many issues with this discourse but I think the biggest is that some fans don't realize fidelity to the game would have made this show into the worst type of tv show

You want every episode to have Joel and Elie by themselves taking down hundreds of enemies? No that would be stupid and make the infected and raiders look like jokes in terms of threat for the rest of the series. What they are doing is far more effective in making the threats hold up every episode.

People so afraid to say the tv show is making the source material better by not including the segments where elie takes down 20+ infected all by herself before she ever learned anything from joel
Low hanging fruit logic. Thats not at all the criticism that the show is getting. That there's not enough action. Stop it. You dont see complaints about the acting because people aren't criticizing about the acting even if they are lukewarm about it. People are 100% complaining about the writing so aside from being disingenuous with your argument, you are discrediting yourself trying to be on a soapbox arguing things that few even mention. You think it's the best show, cool. Most will say it's good. Some will say great. Very few will say best and none that will are people that have demonstrated the ability to know any better. I hope you're being intentionally obtuse.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
This Episode was cool to me. I still think the bill episode was a waste, especially since the rigged up town had more action in the game. They definitely could’ve did more with that episode.
I think it was good, just to show the progression of the state of the world over all of those years. That was very interesting to see.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
giphy.gif

Andor, Severance, BCS, Barry S4 will give this a run for it's money. I'm expecting Succession S4 to be in the running too :manny:
You could argue its not even the best NEW show that HBO dropped this year, let alone best show. It's like folks just say shyt to be saying shyt. Just chill out and enjoy the damn show.

Daps
Man y’all nikkas tripping, I thoroughly enjoy the show and think they are nailing it perfectly. But I still think the bill episode was wack. Not because he’s gay or because they weren’t fighting a million clickers.
:comeon:

His origin and seeing him booby trapping the whole town was pretty cool. But that whole 2nd half of the show was boring and a drag. Imo was very walking deadish.