'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This Episode was cool to me. I still think the bill episode was a waste, especially since the rigged up town had more action in the game. They definitely could’ve did more with that episode.
Naw you cant say that. Lest you suffer a witch hunt from these nikkas acting like their kid made this shyt.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I liked the Ep but in hindsight that Ep coulda definitely used more interaction with Joel & Ellie
That episode could've not taken place at all and it wouldn't have added to or changed anything about the story. If Joel just mentioned a friend named Bill lives here and should have a truck, then they watch for his booby traps, get the truck, leave and never even shown the character, it wouldve been just as effective as what they did with that entire ep dedicated to them. Thats saying a lot if you think about it. This show now has multiple episodes that could've simply not been made and it wouldn't change a thing or have added to the story thus far. Left Behind is the only episode that needed attention to flesh it out and it was kind of underwhelming. Decent though.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Episode was fire...:ehh:

ya'll dudes that sit with your arms folded looking for an agenda in everything...

Will never be able to enjoy anything ever again
Always the same posters too in every thread. Can’t just say nah it’s not for me. They got to go on and on criticizing other people for actually liking something.
Should I play the games before I watch the show?

I've been procrastinating about playing them for years.
I honestly don’t think it matters. I played the first game about 7 years ago so remember the basics but not the little story beats. I watched the first five episodes and loved it. Then played the game and watched the last two episodes and still loved it even while knowing everything that was going to happen. There isn’t really much backstory or fleshing out of the story to be done from playing the games.

I’d say it’s worth playing just for how great those games are. There were slow parts that made me give up on it but when I finally forced myself to power through it was well worth it.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Always the same posters too in every thread. Can’t just say nah it’s not for me. They got to go on and on criticizing other people for actually liking something.
I see it the other way around. People aren't allowed to say its just okay. Anything that isn't dikk sucking the show nikkas get offended like they made the shyt themselves.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That episode could've not taken place at all and it wouldn't have added to or changed anything about the story. If Joel just mentioned a friend named Bill lives here and should have a truck, then they watch for his booby traps, get the truck, leave and never even shown the character, it wouldve been just as effective as what they did with that entire ep dedicated to them. Thats saying a lot if you think about it. This show now has multiple episodes that could've simply not been made and it wouldn't change a thing or have added to the story thus far. Left Behind is the only episode that needed attention to flesh it out and it was kind of underwhelming. Decent though.
I’m fine seeing their overall story, but they coulda cut back on their time just a lil bit, Have Bill not die with Frank, and have him be alive and bitter when Joel and Ellie get there, they obviously wouldn’t of had time to do the whole school section, but still coulda had him rescue Ellie & Joel from a trap, get em a Battery and send them on their way

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I’m fine seeing their overall story, but they coulda cut back on their time just a lil bit, Have Bill not die with Frank, and have him be alive and bitter when Joel and Ellie get there, by obviously wouldn’t of had time to do the whole school section, but still coulda had him rescue Ellie & Joel from a trap, get em. Battery and send them on their way
Im fine with the story being added in too but not at the expense of any other content. Left Behind should've been priority over Frank. Not rushing past significant parts of the story but taking all the time in the world for basically filler. It's cool if it doesnt take away from anything else, but it did. Especially for such a short series. Maybe if it was a 12ep show.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Worst episode of the season. Not terrible or anything, but definitely the worst.
It played out like a dlc, you knew what was going to happen, but the longer it took, I was screaming at the tv to being out the zombie.

I looked at as a long form movie, but it was never going to be a top 5 show of the year

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Best show running easily between this year and last. I don't even see complaints about the acting or writing because its so well made and hard to attack from a technical standpoint
Its just the incel crowd complaining about gay romance or not enough action. The lowest level of criticism is always going to get laughed at and called out. You all need to come harder when you are criticizing this show

Its funny to say the show isn't focusing on the games storyline aka the action segments that would have been ridiculous when played out in live action. So many issues with this discourse but I think the biggest is that some fans don't realize fidelity to the game would have made this show into the worst type of tv show

You want every episode to have Joel and Elie by themselves taking down hundreds of enemies? No that would be stupid and make the infected and raiders look like jokes in terms of threat for the rest of the series. What they are doing is far more effective in making the threats hold up every episode.

People so afraid to say the tv show is making the source material better by not including the segments where elie takes down 20+ infected all by herself before she ever learned anything from joel

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The show is the show, and the game is the game.

They both adhere to the medium they’re in perfectly. Video game is more action oriented because its a game, show is more grounded and character focused because its a show.

If you want more action they got 3 different versions of the game to play and enjoy as its own separate piece of fiction. If you want something you can sit down and watch with friends and family thats what the adaptation exists for.

The show isn’t replacing your memories of the game, its ok if you don’t like it as much, and vice versa. They specifically just remade the game again so you can go relive it in better quality if you want, with the same voice actors. They aren’t competing with each other.

And if you didn’t enjoy the game and ain’t enjoying the show, go watch something else, the show doesnt exist to change your mind.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Best show running easily between this year and last. I don't even see complaints about the acting or writing because its so well made and hard to attack from a technical standpoint
Its just the incel crowd complaining about gay romance or not enough action. The lowest level of criticism is always going to get laughed at and called out. You all need to come harder when you are criticizing this show

Its funny to say the show isn't focusing on the games storyline aka the action segments that would have been ridiculous when played out in live action. So many issues with this discourse but I think the biggest is that some fans don't realize fidelity to the game would have made this show into the worst type of tv show

You want every episode to have Joel and Elie by themselves taking down hundreds of enemies? No that would be stupid and make the infected and raiders look like jokes in terms of threat for the rest of the series. What they are doing is far more effective in making the threats hold up every episode.

People so afraid to say the tv show is making the source material better by not including the segments where elie takes down 20+ infected all by herself before she ever learned anything from joel
Go to the Reddit sub and this is exactly what some of these people want, most people love the show, but I keep seeing this idiotic criticism that it doesn’t have enough clickers, like they don’t understand that the reason it has that every 5 minutes in the video game is because it’s a video game

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Best show running easily between this year and last.
giphy.gif

Andor, Severance, BCS, Barry S4 will give this a run for it's money. I'm expecting Succession S4 to be in the running too :manny:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
The flashback is relevant because it’s a direct comparison to Elli’s present situation. Ellie is about to lose Joel who is the most important person in her life and it causes her to have a flashback of when she lost Riley who was the most important person in her life at the time. She doesn’t want to deal with that pain again.:childplease:
Thanks. I’m convinced these nikkas are idiots and children who just want nonstop action. It’s weird.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Not gonna lie I found this episode boring.

It felt like filler.

They could have wrapped the Riley shyt up in 20 mins instead of a goddamn hour.

Episode 3 wasn’t a slog and it was excellently acted. This episode felt like some Degrassi shyt without the classic Degrassi fukkery to keep it entertaining.

They didn’t even show us what could’ve been a great moment, when Riley changed and Ellie slowly realizes she’s not.