'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Well all stories are the same story - what makes it a good story is how you tell it

A revenge tale works becuase the audience member picks the side of your protagonist and understands thier motivation and identifies with it...even if your protagonist is a less than nice person

John Wick is a revenge tale - you understand why he does what he does ..but you wouldn't give a shyt about John Wick getting his dog killed and his dead wife from cancer car getting stolen if you make all the other shyt he did as an assassin part of the story ...

You know on an intellectual level John has made widows and orphans he has killed dogs and stolen cars from people that he shouldn't have - he's done worse since he is a professional killer but for the purposes of the John Wick movie you get a specific narrative to understand only his part and perspective- this why the movie works and is entertaining.

If you got a story to be sympathetic to the russian that killed John's dog and stole his car then John getting " revenge" doesn't work . Becuase now you have no emotional investment in him succeeding ... after all how can you when he is portrayed as no more worthy of vengeance than those he has aggrieved a lot worse .

So in the same way the failing of the 2nd game is this skewing of who's story is being told that the audience should connect with ...the audience has to connect with your protagonist in a tale of revenge because revenge is emotionally based - there's no other way to tell that kind of a story ...

The 2nd game fuks that up and tries to show equity and how revenge is destructive but it fuks up the message by telling the story so half-assed which is why a.lot of people disliked the game .
:russ:i don't find john wick movies entertaining at all.

and i feel like the ones who didnt like TLOU2 try to bark louder than the ones that did. imo the 2nd game was better in every way. folks dont like the game because their white hero died

Last edited:

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's

and i feel like the ones who didnt like TLOU2 try to bark louder than the ones that did. imo the 2nd game was better in every way. folks dont like the game because their white hero died
Joel's death being leaked sparked all that shyt..

Funny shyt is, in the last few months I've seen several videos being released recanting their hatred for part 2, calling it a masterpiece, etc.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

Part 2 is a much better game. But most sequels are.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
uhh what story of revenge have you ever seen where the target of the revenge is sypathetic?

and TLOU2 was specifically about "revenge"

:gucci:

did you actually play the 2nd game? It’s literally why you play as another character

shonuff

All Star
Daps
:russ:i don't find john wick movies entertaining at all. and i feel like the ones who didnt like TLOU2 try to bark louder than the ones that did. imo the 2nd game was better in every way. folks dont like the game because their white hero died
Meh i disagree completely that ppl didn't like it becuase they are mad their white hero died

It was really bad storytelling - its like saying that the only reason ppl didn't like the Third episode of this TV series is because that person is homophobic or anti gay ...

Even if I didn't think the 3rd episode was good storytelling in the context of the overall series - I can recognize that the 3rd episode was a well put together episode

The story in TLOU2 was an ok story but as a game it was hot garbage juice and it was everything that was bad in game storytelling - the other things like graphics and even combat were good - but the story part was terrible.
:gucci:

did you actually play the 2nd game? It’s literally why you play as another character
Yeh and BOTH characters are on a revenge mission- sure they do other things but essentially the story for both is about vengeance ...and playing as the other character is why a lot of ppl got turned off to the game-

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
Lol y'all gotta relax openly discussing part 2. I get y'all trying to stay generic but even discussing themes are spoilers

Man I wish I didn't play the game sometimes. I know some of these YouTubers have played it but my reaction wasn't this strong :mjcry:

I actually felt it a little more watching them react to it

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
As someone who lived in Colorado and been to Thermopolis and Yellowstone, them casually riding a horse in Wyoming winter from Jackson to Fort Collins is hilarious. :heh: It gets -20 windchill regularly and Joel got on a damn denim coat and no hat.

They’d freeze to death in 5 hours tops. :francis:

interesting point, as far as this HBO show not the actual video game …
if you go back to the first episode and the first scene of the episode, the talk show from 1968 with the scientists, basically saying the fungi may ultimately happen in humans if something like the climate gets warmer

:yeshrug:

Superstar
Daps
Joel's death being leaked sparked all that shyt..

Funny shyt is, in the last few months I've seen several videos being released recanting their hatred for part 2, calling it a masterpiece, etc.

If that shyt never leaked there wouldn’t have been much of a backlash at all. The game and it’s story we’re great. After my 2nd play through I like it more than the first one. And I still loved the first one.

The second game didn’t force anything on you, even though the whole series is basically on the rails. If people want to be butt hurt, because it wasn’t a rehash of the first game, then let them cry.

Joel’s death was okay as an ending for his story, as he found a little bit of peace for a time. Plus it’s a reminder that nothing is safe in this world. I wouldn’t have even minded seeing Dinah die too.

It was fun wanting to hunt down Abby and her crew for the first half of the game, then growing to enjoy her story too. My only complaints are the Santa Barbara section not being bigger, and me not having any information on a third game yet. shyt can’t come soon enough.
:noah:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
I disagree. Joel wasn't ruined in part 2. I think because we played as Joel in Part 1, we looked at him as the hero which he absolutely never was. He was the protagonist, but not the hero. The heroes of Part 1 were arguably the Fireflies, who were trying to create a vaccine that would save the world. And Joel killed them all. lolz

What Part 2 did was show the consequences that Joel's actions had on him, the people he hurt and the people he loved. If Part 2 was Part 1 Redux and didn’t address Joel's actions at the end of Part 1 at all, that would’ve been horrible storytelling.

I agree Joel wasn’t a hero, but he sure wasn’t no villain * and I’m only referring to when we play him as a character with a little or vague background of his past * fireflies ain’t arguably been any type of heroes because they was a militia just like all the others we see in the game/show … even if they was able to produce a vaccine from Ellie’s brain - who to say how they would distribute it …
they could easily have been as evil as FEDRA whom convinced Henry to give the whereabouts of Kathleen‘s brother which essentially got him murdered for the leukemia medicine for his little brother

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol y'all gotta relax openly discussing part 2. I get y'all trying to stay generic but even discussing themes are spoilers

Man I wish I didn't play the game sometimes. I know some of these YouTubers have played it but my reaction wasn't this strong :mjcry:

I actually felt it a little more watching them react to it

Yeah Iv always worded anything game related outside of spoilers to be very generic and ambiguous, I’ll refrain from talking about the game as a whole I think, shyt must be annoying for non game players because 50% of these posts aren’t related to the show

:hubie:

• Dap
Reactions: 904

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
There were no hero’s in part one.

Killing a young child without her consent makes u a hero?

How were they gonna go about giving out this cure?

nice-meme-desus-nice-salute-sofp5k1ght3w1pu2.gif

I was saying this in the original TLOU2 thread - my main issue * which all these nikkaz attacked me forming like Voltron * :snoop:
was this idea that Abby father had the right to take a 14 year ole girl life for the hope of developing a vaccine
(((and i said “HOPE“ - CAUSE IT WAS NOT EVEN GUARANTEE TO WORK )))

shonuff

All Star
Daps
nice-meme-desus-nice-salute-sofp5k1ght3w1pu2.gif

I was saying this in the original TLOU2 thread - my main issue * which all these nikkaz attacked me forming like Voltron * :snoop:
was this idea that Abby father had the right to take a 14 year ole girl life for the hope of developing a vaccine
(((and i said “HOPE“ - CAUSE IT WAS NOT EVEN GUARANTEE TO WORK )))
the scientis in the 1968 and the doctor 30 years later all repeats the fact ...

there is NO CURE for this type of a fungal infection

at least as far as the show ( because they didnt give you this information this during the game ) its already letting you know this trip to get her to the Fireflies is doomed from the start ...all this is is again another exercise in people being people and that means doing something fukked up " for the greater good"

they arent more capable scientifically 20 years after an apocalypse - they can barely keep the lights on .. how would they be reverse engineering a cure for a thing that they barely understood how it worked at the height of technical know how twenty years before

people arent really paying attention.