'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
there should be a 2nd tv show thread where people can openly talk about part 1 and part 2 games , because this is what this thread has turned into.
nikkas gotta just swallow they pride and snitch by reporting :manny: . I dont think a mod is actively watching this thread and Hex said they will handle any reports, but ppl gotta report and say how it's a spoiler(Hex doesnt watch the show/didnt play the game iirc) and not ping a mod.

Mods cant help of no one wants to report :manny:

Gunna and Lil Woody living nice lives, yall can too :pachaha:

• Dap
Reactions: 904

Superstar
Daps
the scientis in the 1968 and the doctor 30 years later all repeats the fact ...

there is NO CURE for this type of a fungal infection

at least as far as the show ( because they didnt give you this information this during the game ) its already letting you know this trip to get her to the Fireflies is doomed from the start ...all this is is again another exercise in people being people and that means doing something fukked up " for the greater good"

they arent more capable scientifically 20 years after an apocalypse - they can barely keep the lights on .. how would they be reverse engineering a cure for a thing that they barely understood how it worked at the height of technical know how twenty years before

people arent really paying attention.

I think they meant “cure” in a sense of studying why the fungus hadn’t taken over Ellie’s brain and body, even though it is present on her brain, and trying to figure how to make it happen for others.

For some reason no one could figure out or know that It was just attributed to her mother being infected/bitten while pregnant with Ellie.

I don’t think she’s immune to the fungus just resistant to it. But at the end of the day the game’s science is all fantasy that they could make up to fit the story they wanted to tell.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
I havent played the game but think yall arguing about the Joel aspect for nothing. With the liberties theyve taken in the show so far, I doubt they go to theextremes Part 2 went to(going off some of yall posts) to make ppl hate Joel to correct him being a hero in Part 1. They've been spending a good chunk of this show saying Joel isnt a good guy in this season.
- Joel saying he been on both sides and not answered Ellie when she asked if he killed innocent ppll
- Henry saying he was a straight up bad guy because he worked with Fedra, because he killed a great man for his brother. This is foreshadowing Joel possibly killing humanity's last hope in a cure by killing the docs/Marlene.
- Maria blaming everything Tommy did on Joe and saying he murdered innocent ppl.
- Tommy regretting all the shyt they did, saying they murdered ppl

well, since you didn’t play part 2, I’ll try not to spoil any significant thing,
but I truly believe the way HBO has gone in this show part 2 is going to pretty much be significantly different than the game as far as Joel for 3 reasons

1. Joel being much weaker ; in the game he was bodying raiders & from this last episode, where he’s talking to his younger brother Tommy, and telling him Ellie had to save him from a young guy that 5 years ago he would’ve demolished
  2. Joel having panic attacks : they usually get worse unless you take medication or change your diet and this is a postapocalypse world. I don’t think that would be available for him to treat his anxiety
  3. Joel age : seems like he is literally 5 to 6 years older than the game and this shouldn’t be a spoiler because I assume you seen the cover of TLOU2 or even the advertisement, and it shows an Ellie who is grown which means it takes place several years after which will make Joel well into his 60s
with those three things, I don’t believe they can tell a similar story as the game for part 2 ….. in my opinion

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX

at least as far as the show ( because they didnt give you this information this during the game ) its already letting you know this trip to get her to the Fireflies is doomed from the start ...all this is is again another exercise in people being people and that means doing something fukked up " for the greater good"

they arent more capable scientifically 20 years after an apocalypse - they can barely keep the lights on .. how would they be reverse engineering a cure for a thing that they barely understood how it worked at the height of technical know how twenty years before

Great point on the scientist and doctor saying there’s no cure

And one of my strongest points from the original TLOU2 thread was at the end of the day. It really didn’t make any sense, trying to come up with a cure or vaccine or whatever 2 decades later …. my opinion is if something like that goes down within the first 2 to 3 years & they can’t fix the problem , then society just has to move on , if possible

shonuff

All Star
Daps
I think they meant “cure” in a sense of studying why the fungus hadn’t taken over Ellie’s brain and body, even though it is present on her brain, and trying to figure how to make it happen for others.

For some reason no one could figure out or know that It was just attributed to her mother being infected/bitten while pregnant with Ellie.

I don’t think she’s immune to the fungus just resistant to it. But at the end of the day the game’s science is all fantasy that they could make up to fit the story they wanted to tell.
my impression is that they were looking for a vaccine or cure like they would for rabies which requires that they'd have to take her brain ( thus killing her )
Great point on the scientist and doctor saying there’s no cure

And one of my strongest points from the original TLOU2 thread was at the end of the day. It really didn’t make any sense, trying to come up with a cure or vaccine or whatever 2 decades later …. my opinion is if something like that goes down within the first 2 to 3 years & they can’t fix the problem , then society just has to move on , if possible
Well funny that you mentioned that becuas ein this weeks episode she asks Joel specifically whats next on e they find the cure in her

Your point above is exactly what I also brought up with the Walking Dead when ppl would say why aren't they ( the characters ) looking for a cure

Like its been years in that show and 20 years in this one. What ever structure that did exist from the world pre apocalypse is long since gone

If they did find a cure ( which is doubtful given that they don't have computers or equipment like they used too from the old world that was ) how would they be able to test it? How would they be able to produce it in mass quantities ? Even in our current day world they had a bytch of a time generating enough vaccine for COVID.

Again the writers have already shown that they put clues about whats really going on in the dialogue - that whole thing about bread and grain being the vehicle for infection was all IN the first episode but you don't realize it until later when you rewatch it - and then finally Joel explains it out way later in the 4th or 5th episode ...

Ellie has already shown she's pretty smart so even she is wondering if there is a cure what good is it ? Since there isn't a way to really help people with it ..this is what that whole exchange is supposed to make you think about ut likely it flew by people watching

Last edited:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
well, since you didn’t play part 2, I’ll try not to spoil any significant thing,
but I truly believe the way HBO has gone in this show part 2 is going to pretty much be significantly different than the game as far as Joel for 3 reasons

1. Joel being much weaker ; in the game he was bodying raiders & from this last episode, where he’s talking to his younger brother Tommy, and telling him Ellie had to save him from a young guy that 5 years ago he would’ve demolished
  2. Joel having panic attacks : they usually get worse unless you take medication or change your diet and this is a postapocalypse world. I don’t think that would be available for him to treat his anxiety
  3. Joel age : seems like he is literally 5 to 6 years older than the game and this shouldn’t be a spoiler because I assume you seen the cover of TLOU2 or even the advertisement, and it shows an Ellie who is grown which means it takes place several years after which will make Joel well into his 60s
with those three things, I don’t believe they can tell a similar story as the game for part 2 ….. in my opinion
Appreciate the breakdown. You cant spoil too much for me thought. I hit one of the spoilers in here(regularly marked spoiler) a while back, thinking it was about part 1/the show and it was major spoilers for Part 2.:francis:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

I mean technical know how maybe but let’s not act like the vaccines that made the 20th century possible were made in the darkness of the 19century which is about where they are now.

shonuff

All Star
Daps
I mean technical know how maybe but let’s not act like the vaccines that made the 20th century possible were made in the darkness of the 19century which is about where they are now.
True but vaccines are for bacteria and viruses which we know how they function becuase they are so similar to our own construction

If you go back to the first ep the scientist plainly says there isn't any kind of defense against fungal infections becuase we know what they do but we don't know how they do it.

That point is reiterated in the episode that starts off in Jakarta 2003 when the Dr there is just like destroy everyone and everything ..again at a time that we had an ability way beyond what they now have in a 2023 America with another 20 years of deterioration on top its not even likely that they know what they are looking for

Its another reason why Joel goes on the rampage- via the recordings and Marlene they pretty much admitt they don't know what they are looking for in ellie to make her immune but they are willing to kill her . It means very well they'd be killing her for no real gain at all

IMO Ellie isn't some.magic bullet that is useful to the humanity who aren't sucesetptible - she's just changed to be resistant on some biological level just like the fungus changed to use us 20 years before...

remember one of the overall themes of TLOU is nature reclaiming dominance from humans

Humans had to change to live in nature and abide by the limits it set for us for 1000s of years before we were able to change our environment to be useful to us just like the fungus changed to make us useful to it

Superstar
Daps
@shonuff I agree on the vaccine part. I’m sure they’d have to dismantle her whole body and study every thing, even the fluids like Akira lol.

We’ve had to suspend our disbelief since the first game because lots of antifungals would kill cordyceps, even lamisil tablets kill fungus by making the blood too toxic for it to survive lol

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
True but vaccines are for bacteria and viruses which we know how they function becuase they are so similar to our own construction

If you go back to the first ep the scientist plainly says there isn't any kind of defense against fungal infections becuase we know what they do but we don't know how they do it.

That point is reiterated in the episode that starts off in Jakarta 2003 when the Dr there is just like destroy everyone and everything ..again at a time that we had an ability way beyond what they now have in a 2023 America with another 20 years of deterioration on top its not even likely that they know what they are looking for

Its another reason why Joel goes on the rampage- via the recordings and Marlene they pretty much admitt they don't know what they are looking for in ellie to make her immune but they are willing to kill her . It means very well they'd be killing her for no real gain at all

IMO Ellie isn't some.magic bullet that is useful to the humanity who aren't sucesetptible - she's just changed to be resistant on some biological level just like the fungus changed to use us 20 years before...

remember one of the overall themes of TLOU is nature reclaiming dominance from humans

Humans had to change to live in nature and abide by the limits it set for us for 1000s of years before we were able to change our environment to be useful to us just like the fungus changed to make us useful to it
I’m not arguing the difficultly. I’m saying the ability to research and develop is older than the late 20th century with is about where society has reverted to.

The difference between late 20th and the early 20th century is the leap and manufacturing and safety

which going to your point. The amount of bodily destruction and unethical experiments on bodies is more in line with what the fireflies were going to do to Ellie is how we got those early vaccines

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikkas gotta just swallow they pride and snitch by reporting :manny: . I dont think a mod is actively watching this thread and Hex said they will handle any reports, but ppl gotta report and say how it's a spoiler(Hex doesnt watch the show/didnt play the game iirc) and not ping a mod.

Mods cant help of no one wants to report :manny:

Gunna and Lil Woody living nice lives, yall can too :pachaha:

it’s hard to report bcuz the last few pages have been discussions mostly hid behind spoiler tags so technically it’s not being spoiled but the actual show is no longer being discussed at this point