'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

Daps
Cats really can’t help themselves talking about future shyt. No reason for me to know anything about this David character or when he might show up.

Almost makes you wanna tag a mod don't it?

The only reason I aint done it is cause I don't know if I'm invested in this show enough yet to care. Yeah it's been awesome so far but I already been let down by a zombie show. They not gonna get me again, not without a fight.

Daps
I actaully took it as Joel being mad that Tommy basically has the life that Joel himself once had. Joel
Apparently at one time had a black wife, half-black daughter, and was an architect.

Tommy now has a black wife, about to have a half-black child, and the first thing we saw him doing this episode was BUILDING something.

Tommy went away and basically became Joel 2.0 while Joel was out roughing it with Tess.

I actually thought for a minute Joel was going to call him out on it when they were in the bar

My brotha with these deep poignant takes. :wow:

I see he aint learned his lesson from the Atlanta thread fiasco:wow:

shonuff

All Star
Daps
doesn't that make the story unpredictable? why would they want to tell it like everybody else does???
Well all stories are the same story - what makes it a good story is how you tell it

A revenge tale works becuase the audience member picks the side of your protagonist and understands thier motivation and identifies with it...even if your protagonist is a less than nice person

John Wick is a revenge tale - you understand why he does what he does ..but you wouldn't give a shyt about John Wick getting his dog killed and his dead wife from cancer car getting stolen if you make all the other shyt he did as an assassin part of the story ...

You know on an intellectual level John has made widows and orphans he has killed dogs and stolen cars from people that he shouldn't have - he's done worse since he is a professional killer but for the purposes of the John Wick movie you get a specific narrative to understand only his part and perspective- this why the movie works and is entertaining.

If you got a story to be sympathetic to the russian that killed John's dog and stole his car then John getting " revenge" doesn't work . Becuase now you have no emotional investment in him succeeding ... after all how can you when he is portrayed as no more worthy of vengeance than those he has aggrieved a lot worse .

So in the same way the failing of the 2nd game is this skewing of who's story is being told that the audience should connect with ...the audience has to connect with your protagonist in a tale of revenge because revenge is emotionally based - there's no other way to tell that kind of a story ...

The 2nd game fuks that up and tries to show equity and how revenge is destructive but it fuks up the message by telling the story so half-assed which is why a.lot of people disliked the game .

Daps
I actaully took it as Joel being mad that Tommy basically has the life that Joel himself once had. Joel
Apparently at one time had a black wife, half-black daughter, and was an architect.

Tommy now has a black wife, about to have a half-black child, and the first thing we saw him doing this episode was BUILDING something.

Tommy went away and basically became Joel 2.0 while Joel was out roughing it with Tess.

I actually thought for a minute Joel was going to call him out on it when they were in the bar

My brotha with these deep poignant takes. :wow:

I see he aint learned his lesson from the Atlanta thread :wow:
I feel bad for you brehs that haven’t played the games, truthfully. These dudes be in here dry spoiling like a muhfukka, and they KNOW they’re dropping spoilers. :picard:

What’s Kevin Harlan famous saying? “With no regard for human life!”

Pun intended.

GoT and this show have clearly demonstrated that it’s incredibly hard for people to keep some future knowledge to themselves. shyt, I never even knew it was that hard?!?! Dudes be itching to spoil shyt like Tyrone Biggums or something.

I wish you well in the wars to come. :wow:

It's not impossible. They're just jerks. You think it's a glitch but nah it's a feature for these clowns. They do stuff like that on purpose.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So, in the last of us, what was the enemy the infected infected was the enemy, and what they wanted to do is to go in affect other people are clean, and the people basically become the same as them infected. Now the last of us is a case of micro visualization But what is behind Michael’s visualization it is macro visualization. Yes, macro and this is where ternal bill comes into play terminal. What is the issue? The radioactive levels are going out of people and caused them to die and it’s really crazy. There’s no cure for that no relation to that internal bill or the last of us is right here, infected, or like the radioactive levels and the people in the last of us or basically the cells of the people and ternal bill that are affected
elf-bong.gif

Duke Wy Lin

It's been a good run. Wish y'all the best ✊🏿
Daps
Its not just about the motivation its about the consequences of everyones actions playing out the way they did, and empathizing with the characters. A lot of people just couldn’t get pass that first obvious wall.

the fact that a lot of the ‘game players’ are so nit picky and critical even in season 1 while most casual tv watchers are in love with everything about the show makes me feel like the general public will enjoy part 2 more than gamers did.

The same people that were mad about episode 3 are gonna be the same that get mad about everything next season

Nah I wasn't a fan of episode 3, but I appreciate part 2 and actually think that it is, overall, a better story than part 1.

The genius of part 2 is that it is, in essence, a prequel to part 1 since Ellie goes on the same psycho-spiritual roller-coaster that Joel went through after the death of his daughter. It also explores the ripple effects of one's actions and how they play out. Most of these gamers are too immature to appreciate those themes. There are no clear heroes and bad guys.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Listening to a podcast. They said it’s a theory that when Pedro mentioned “I have dreams that I’m constantly failing, and I can’t remember them”, is a nod to the game and players dying as Joel over and over fighting infected/bandits.:ohhh:
I don’t know why but that reminds me of Max Payne (the game). Max broke the fourth wall. Basically shyting on how cheesy the idea of the game would be :mjlol:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
im glad yall said it :pachaha:

@Black Mamba on that brown likka tonight
It was weed but basically I was trying to explain to wifey the similarities of Last of Us and Chernobyl(that we just finished) but what I was saying didn’t make sense she was sober and was like :mjtf: and I told her I needed to save my analysis so I used dictation on my iPhone to save it into notes.
Not only shyt didn’t make sense the dictation wasn’t taking my words right :russ: I listened to it being read to me and I was dying :mjlol:
Just had to post it here

Last edited:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Someone playing the game chopped/edited to match events within the show

TLOU2 video