'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

shonuff

All Star
Daps
There were no hero’s in part one.

Killing a young child without her consent makes u a hero?

How were they gonna go about giving out this cure?
both the scientist on the TV talk show and the Doctor in Jakarta has alreadly let you ( the audience ) know .....realistically there is no cure there is no vaccine

ellie is what she is beause she was born with an immunity just like the fungus that changed ...people will change .

shes just one of the ones that has changed before anyone realizes that this is how shyt has to go.

youre either born with it ( immunity ) or you arent )

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
My one criticism of both episode 6 and the show in general is the lack of infected and bad people.

I liked episode 6 but I felt that the ending was too short. Joel and Ellie should have had to fight their way out of that campus. There should have been at least 10-15 raiders instead of just 4 (and they were fairly weak).

Also, Joel's injury should have been a bit more dramatic and there should have been some parts where she has to fight the raiders off herself. That would make it even more emotional (which is what they're going for) because it would make Ellie further attached to Joel because without Joel, she's in heightened danger.

Also, have more infected because...duh.

Anyways, I know that HBO is leaning more into the dramatic/emotional side for this series instead of the action/horror side and I'm fine with that. But when you have an action scene/moment, you better hit it out of the park (like the Bloater scene in episode 5). Don't tone it down and fast forward.

Don't take my statement as hating the show. I still very much like the show overall and think it's one of the best video-game adaptions ever but I'm just giving some constructive feedback.
I agree with this the action side iw lacking. Episode 5 was the highlight of the season so far.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I disagree. Joel wasn't ruined in part 2. I think because we played as Joel in Part 1, we looked at him as the hero which he absolutely never was. He was the protagonist, but not the hero. The heroes of Part 1 were arguably the Fireflies, who were trying to create a vaccine that would save the world. And Joel killed them all. lolz

What Part 2 did was show the consequences that Joel's actions had on him, the people he hurt and the people he loved. If Part 2 was Part 1 Redux and didn’t address Joel's actions at the end of Part 1 at all, that would’ve been horrible storytelling.

I hear you but.. :manny:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I havent played the game but think yall arguing about the Joel aspect for nothing. With the liberties theyve taken in the show so far, I doubt they go to theextremes Part 2 went to(going off some of yall posts) to make ppl hate Joel to correct him being a hero in Part 1. They've been spending a good chunk of this show saying Joel isnt a good guy in this season.
- Joel saying he been on both sides and not answered Ellie when she asked if he killed innocent ppll
- Henry saying he was a straight up bad guy because he worked with Fedra, because he killed a great man for his brother. This is foreshadowing Joel possibly killing humanity's last hope in a cure by killing the docs/Marlene.
- Maria blaming everything Tommy did on Joe and saying he murdered innocent ppl.
- Tommy regretting all the shyt they did, saying they murdered ppl

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I havent played the game but think yall arguing about the Joel aspect for nothing. With the liberties theyve taken in the show so far, I doubt they go to theextremes Part 2 went to(going off some of yall posts) to make ppl hate Joel to correct him being a hero in Part 1. They've been spending a good chunk of this show saying Joel isnt a good guy in this season.
- Joel saying he been on both sides and not answered Ellie when she asked if he killed innocent ppll
- Henry saying he was a straight up bad guy because he worked with Fedra, because he killed a great man for his brother. This is foreshadowing Joel possibly killing humanity's last hope in a cure by killing the docs/Marlene.
- Maria blaming everything Tommy did on Joe and saying he murdered innocent ppl.

they didn’t make anyone hate joel, its the opposite he comes off as a sweet and loving father/old man in the sequel

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nah the game had mostly all that too, this series/franchise has ALWAYS been about people living in the grey area, there is literally a small handful of characters across both games that you can consider to be morally good people..and not a single one of them is playable, only low iq brehs would play through the first game thinking they were playing as a hero

You’ll come to see how many people in this fanbase get confused with the idea that protagonist doesn’t mean good, try telling somebody in the game Reddit’s that Joel is a deeply flawed person and see how many downvoted you get lol

Last edited:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
they didn’t make anyone hate joel, its the opposite he comes off as a sweet and loving father/old man in the sequel[/SPOILER

:why: why nikkas mad then? From skimming some of these spoilers they made it seem like joel did a 180 from how he was in the first game

shonuff

All Star
Daps
they didn’t make anyone hate joel, its the opposite he comes off as a sweet and loving father/old man in the sequel
TLOU2 sucks because the story makes the "good guys" no better than the "bad guys" and while rationally we can understand such a thing - because you are personally involved ( by playing ) its just a turnoff....

if TLOU allowed ONLY for you to play only one aspect either Ellie or Abbi there MIGHT have been some saving grace.....but

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
TLOU2 sucks because the story makes the "good guys" no better than the "bad guys" and while rationally we can understand such a thing - because you are personally involved ( by playing ) its just a turnoff....

if TLOU allowed ONLY for you to play only one aspect either Ellie or Abbi there MIGHT have been some saving grace.....but

tthats your problem, you are thinking of them as good and bad guys. Everyone’s different forms of shytty in this world

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just binged on this over the weekend and stayed the fukk out of this thread since at first I was conflicted by in watching since I heared it doesn’t follow the game. So far the game is far superior but at the it’s a good casual take on the series. I hate what they did with Bills story I don’t care that he was gay I just wish they incorporated him more with him and Joel. It’s also kind of lacking in the action department compared to the game hopefully the next two episodes they go in with the action. I’m curious to see if they will have Ellie vs David.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

@EzekelRAGE see?

Not tryna be disrespectful breh @shonuff, but this is the kinda thing that makes me think the whole idea of the games themes and story went way over your head, Joel was literally never a “good” guy, and you can make a point for Ellie being good in the first game, but then it’s also weird to expect her to be that same character in the 2nd game given her circumstances

Last edited: