'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

NeoSeeker

GOAT human
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
fans are saying that because there is always a bias, an agenda and I feel that was apparent in part 2. I believe they felt they made a mistake in part 1. I do not believe the writers wanted you to like Joel by the end of Part 1 but fans still did. So they overcompensated for it in Part 2. And utterly destroyed him.

I disagree. Joel wasn't ruined in part 2. I think because we played as Joel in Part 1, we looked at him as the hero which he absolutely never was. He was the protagonist, but not the hero. The heroes of Part 1 were arguably the Fireflies, who were trying to create a vaccine that would save the world. And Joel killed them all. lolz

What Part 2 did was show the consequences that Joel's actions had on him, the people he hurt and the people he loved. If Part 2 was Part 1 Redux and didn’t address Joel's actions at the end of Part 1 at all, that would’ve been horrible storytelling.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Someone need to hit the report button like:
171c3148-2568-4325-a5e2-0d7ee3751e75_text.gif

Also......discussing TLoU 2 in regular spoilers in this thread is some dirty ass shyt :mjlol:
:ufdup: at least mark it as part 2 spoilers so ppl dont open it thinking you talking about the show or part 1 game.
Keeping it a buck, TLoU 2 shouldnt be discussed at all in here, especially major story points. :manny:

prince_peoples

Superstar
Daps
I disagree. Joel wasn't ruined in part 2. I think because we played as Joel in Part 1, we looked at him as the hero which he absolutely never was. He was the protagonist, but not the hero. The heroes of Part 1 were arguably the Fireflies, who were trying to create a vaccine that would save the world. And Joel killed them all. lolz

What Part 2 did was show the consequences that Joel's actions had on him, the people he hurt and the people he loved. If Part 2 was Part 1 Redux and didn’t address Joel's actions at the end of Part 1 at all, that would’ve been horrible storytelling.
There were no hero’s in part one.

Killing a young child without her consent makes u a hero?

How were they gonna go about giving out this cure?

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
That’s what the Great Plains looks like. A whole lotta nothing. Head up into the mountains and you get some pretty views but every thing else is desert.

One thing for sure there should’ve been more antelope and Bison running around with no people. Massive herds. Even now antelope are everywhere out there
The scenery is beautiful. Also, this show was entirely filmed in the Canadian province of Alberta.

Alberta has some of the most beautiful scenery and landscapes in the world.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
My one criticism of both episode 6 and the show in general is the lack of infected and bad people.

I liked episode 6 but I felt that the ending was too short. Joel and Ellie should have had to fight their way out of that campus. There should have been at least 10-15 raiders instead of just 4 (and they were fairly weak).

Also, Joel's injury should have been a bit more dramatic and there should have been some parts where she has to fight the raiders off herself. That would make it even more emotional (which is what they're going for) because it would make Ellie further attached to Joel because without Joel, she's in heightened danger.

Also, have more infected because...duh.

Anyways, I know that HBO is leaning more into the dramatic/emotional side for this series instead of the action/horror side and I'm fine with that. But when you have an action scene/moment, you better hit it out of the park (like the Bloater scene in episode 5). Don't tone it down and fast forward.

Don't take my statement as hating the show. I still very much like the show overall and think it's one of the best video-game adaptions ever but I'm just giving some constructive feedback.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I was wondered about the cure…

im not even sure if this is a spoiler but maybe it gives away the fact that it doesn’t happen. I always wondered, if it were just a vaccine, it obviously wouldn’t save the people already infected, but imagine if it did? The people infected aren’t zombies, you don’t die in TLOU and become a plant, it can only control a living organism. Which means every infected, even bloaters are living, breathing people. Imagine if the ‘cure’ could actually rid them of fungus/spores? Imagine waking up after years of being a man eating fungus?

I know it would be dumb because it literally wraps itself around your brain but it would be interesting if they ever went that way

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Its not just about the motivation its about the consequences of everyones actions playing out the way they did, and empathizing with the characters. A lot of people just couldn’t get pass that first obvious wall.

the fact that a lot of the ‘game players’ are so nit picky and critical even in season 1 while most casual tv watchers are in love with everything about the show makes me feel like the general public will enjoy part 2 more than gamers did.

The same people that were mad about episode 3 are gonna be the same that get mad about everything next season
Im on record saying that people who didnt play the game will enjoy the show more. They have even less to be critical of. I'd expect the same for Part 2. Im also on record saying that the changes to Joel in the TV show are to make the events of Part 2 more reasonable and in character.

I dont have to say that you are wrong in your opinion. Im saying that the things you are saying, were already present without the making the changes. It's not a new concept that fans of any source material will be critical of changes to that source material and portrayals. This is true for all medians. TLOU is no exception. I dont know why people are acting weird about folks who made it possible for there to be a show or movie, take issue with liberties taken. Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, any number of books that became TV shows and movies faced the same criticism. Movies that became TV shows, same. And now games that became TV shows too. Its more weird how defensive people are of it than it is people critiquing it.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
My one criticism of both episode 6 and the show in general is the lack of infected and bad people.

I like episode 6 but I felt that the ending was too short. Joel and Ellie should have had to fight their way out of that campus. There should have been at least 10-15 raiders instead of just 4 (and they were fairly weak).

Also, Joel's injury should have been a bit more dramatic and there should have been some parts where she has to fight the raiders off herself. That would make it even more emotional (which is what they're going for) because it would make Ellie further attached to Joel because without Joel, she's in heightened danger.

Anyways, I know that HBO is leaning more into the dramatic/emotional side for this series instead of the action/horror side and I'm fine with that. But when you have an action scene/moment, you better hit it out of the park (like the Bloater scene in episode 5). Don't tone it down and fast forward.

Don't take my statement as hating the show. I still very much like the show overall and think it's one of the best video-game adaptions ever but I'm just giving some constructive feedback.
Nah bruh, if you not complete slurpage level of loving everything about this show then you hate it, are racist and also a pedophile. :pachaha:

shonuff

All Star
Daps

I liked episode 6 but I felt that the ending was too short. Joel and Ellie should have had to fight their way out of that campus. There should have been at least 10-15 raiders instead of just 4 (and they were fairly weak).

i dig what you wrote above but the counter is that they want believability and believably....

1 youre not gonna have that many dudes as raiders - 10 to 15 in a band is WAy too many - its way too to much to type here but small groups are more believable since beyond 6 to 8 causes a break down in coordinated actions - its why military teams ( from conventional to even special ops teams like SEALS ) are usually only 8 men in a particular team to do a particular task and thats split between 4 man squads and two man teams.

2- joel is an old man - and noone even in peak health is running and fighting off 15 opponents ... after like 1 or 2 youd be tired as fukk and they are alreday showing joel is suffering physically from his existance.

from an opposition force point of view - losing 2 or 3 of a sizable group would definitely mean youve taken heavy losses and youd retreat, so all in all a small group of 4 would be believable ....

additionally - its an apocalypse - 4 pple surviving together by raiding is a LOT of people. especially if they are nomadic....which is the case in the university....

youre not gonna have a lot of healthy and even very able bodied people capable of a sustained fight ....esp on a subsistence diet ( after all you are raiding and killing what you could catch ) youd be exhausted even just pursuing someone let alone fighting them. ) again a deeper conversation - you burn about 1500 a day just sitting around - but in the wild walking and moving youre buring about 3000 cal a day - and you are nowhere near taking in that amount so youd be hungry all the time and significantly weak and with little to no endurance except for a very very quick brutal confrontation ...or escape.

realistically raiders would have been killing them baboons or trapping them to eat them ( i sure would ) which is a lot easier than attacking and fighting travellers ...Joel LOOKS well armed ( hes got a rifle and pistol the whole thing ) so again realistically most armed groups would bypass him and go for easier prey or try to stalk and ambush when he was less likely to be aware

as for the infected they go where the people are and they group up together- if there are no people then they really wont be out in the wilds and shyt ....there would be a few inside the university but again joel fighting off both infected in great number AND a bunch of human fighters also just gets way too much into ridiculous land of video game number of opponents/bodies killed ...... which is what the writers want to get away from .. joel is not suppsed to be a superhero killing machine... he is just a guy.

shonuff

All Star
Daps
That’s what the Great Plains looks like. A whole lotta nothing. Head up into the mountains and you get some pretty views but every thing else is desert.

One thing for sure there should’ve been more antelope and Bison running around with no people. Massive herds. Even now antelope are everywhere out there
there are massive herds now because we ( meaning people ) manage it so that those numbers of bison can exist

realistically after 20 years there would nt be that many that youd be able to see ....they would have exploded in numbers early then dropped off because of the number of competition for food and the fact that the environment would eventually give out - and then predators would thin them out even more

who would also spike in number until they too fell victim to there being too many of them and started dying from either starvation or disease just like the prey.