'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
rated better
but it is nowhere near the story of part 1.
Part 2 beat you over the head with it's story, too preachy. Didn't respect the audiences intelligence and ability to interpret enough.

Part 2 challenges the audience/player more. Its easy in last of us 1 to agree with all the characters motivations, not so much two. If last of us is a story about exploring the complexities and flaws of people, part 2 pushes that concept even further than the first.

The entire game is very grey, no easy choices or decisions.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Part 2 challenges the audience/player more. Its easy in last of us 1 to agree with all the characters motivations, not so much two. If last of us is a story about exploring the complexities and flaws of people, part 2 pushes that concept even further than the first.

The entire game is very grey, no easy choices or decisions.
It’s not a challenge at all. No one had issues or difficulties understanding Abby’s motivation. Where y’all keep coming up with this bullshyt?
:mjlol:

Regardless of what people think about what happened, EVERYONE FULLY UNDERSTOOD why it happened. There’s no more of that theme in 2 than it is in 1. It’s only difference is the protagonist falling victim to what amounts to himself in Part 2. Don’t romanticize a simple role reversal perspective into some think piece. Y’all starting to sound like those pretentious people at art galleries staring at a green circle.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It’s not a challenge at all. No one had issues or difficulties understanding Abby’s motivation. Where y’all keep coming up with this bullshyt?
:mjlol:

Regardless of what people think about what happened, EVERYONE FULLY UNDERSTOOD why it happened. There’s no more of that theme in 2 than it is in 1. It’s only difference is the protagonist falling victim to what amounts to himself in Part 2. Don’t romanticize a simple role reversal perspective into some think piece. Y’all starting to sound like those pretentious people at art galleries staring at a green circle.

Its not just about the motivation its about the consequences of everyones actions playing out the way they did, and empathizing with the characters. A lot of people just couldn’t get pass that first obvious wall.

the fact that a lot of the ‘game players’ are so nit picky and critical even in season 1 while most casual tv watchers are in love with everything about the show makes me feel like the general public will enjoy part 2 more than gamers did.

The same people that were mad about episode 3 are gonna be the same that get mad about everything next season

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last of 2 I really don't understand how they crapped all over it like that.
I never got how people think the creators wanted us to hate Joel or make Joel a bad person.

He's someone that did what he had so him and his could survive in a fukked up world.

We just saw an episode where Henry made a choice to give up (kill) someone he called a great man to save his little brother.

Does that make Henry a bad man? If TLOU 1 was about Henry and Sam trying to find somewhere safe and medicine and TLOU 2 started with Kathleen finding and killing Henry, that wouldn't be the writers saying Henry is a bad man, just that his decision to do whatever it took to save his brother had consequences.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Yall think they'll release part 2 on PC before HBO releases S2? I never played part 2 :lupe:
No way they release S2 before 2025, Sony on the bullshyt if they dont do the PC port before that :pacspit:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yall think they'll release part 2 on PC before HBO releases S2? I never played part 2 :lupe:
No way they release S2 before 2025, Sony on the bullshyt if they dont do the PC port before that :pacspit:

Most likely. They were saying a remaster has been in the works. Wouldn’t be surprised if its done and they are holding it

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Aight just caught up

I know everyone clowned old girl because she looks nothing like Ellie and isn’t “pretty” per se, but Gotdamn if this chick isn’t a natural for this.

She might be a better Eliie than the Ellie in the game. I see why they went with her

That clicker scene in Ep 5 :wow:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Cats really can’t help themselves talking about future shyt. No reason for me to know anything about this David character or when he might show up.

I feel bad for you brehs that haven’t played the games, truthfully. These dudes be in here dry spoiling like a muhfukka, and they KNOW they’re dropping spoilers. :picard:

What’s Kevin Harlan famous saying? “With no regard for human life!”

Pun intended.

GoT and this show have clearly demonstrated that it’s incredibly hard for people to keep some future knowledge to themselves. shyt, I never even knew it was that hard?!?! Dudes be itching to spoil shyt like Tyrone Biggums or something.

I wish you well in the wars to come. :wow: