'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, some people just aren’t smart enough to connect the dots between what needs to be and what shouldn’t be when transferring from game to movie/show

People want it to be like the video game where Joel is killing 30 infected and 15 raiders every episode without realising it’s literally like that in the game because that’s literally the gameplay loop…because while still amazingly written..it still has to be a video game

That and/or people just got used to the formula of walking dead where they have to insert a mandatory x amount of time for whoever to just mindlessly kill a bunch of zombies every episode.

Once you start throwing a bunch of infected or raider fights into everyone episode it loses its impact. The exact moment I gave up on walking dead was when Ezekiel and someone else were limping away from a horde of zombies. shyt just started getting too goofy, like what is the point of zombies if they pose so little threat?

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I don’t wanna sound like a victim of the moment but I will say so far I’ve enjoyed more of the TLOU episodes…the constant time skips in HotD made the first season feel too disjointed imo
The time jumps happened because the first season is just a preamble to the dance.

But let me stop talking, that show done got me in a enough trouble.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
If you haven't played the game, I'd stay the hell out of this thread. Everybody dropping mad spoilers.
As long as they keep them contained, I can deal :ufdup:

I accept that many people have played the games so they can't help but get giddy and excited about what's to come

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Turned up my brightness to the max and I can still barely see :scust:
Im still heated as fukk about how they shot some of that shyt. That whole beach scene with Rhae/Daemon + Aemond getting Vhagar was shot so bad, I could barely tell what was going on :francis:
I don’t wanna sound like a victim of the moment but I will say so far I’ve enjoyed more of the TLOU episodes…the constant time skips in HotD made the first season feel too disjointed imo
Nah, not no victim of the moment shyt, TLoU better than HotD so far. If I'm HBO, Im putting most my award season fund behind pushing TLoU :manny:

That and/or people just got used to the formula of walking dead where they have to insert a mandatory x amount of time for whoever to just mindlessly kill a bunch of zombies every episode.

Once you start throwing a bunch of infected or raider fights into everyone episode it loses its impact. The exact moment I gave up on walking dead was when Ezekiel and someone else were limping away from a horde of zombies. shyt just started getting too goofy, like what is the point of zombies if they pose so little threat?
I think TWD rotted a lot of ppl's brains. They come to TLoU having had like 4+ years of hatewatching TWD :mjlol:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I hear they keep changing shyt up unnecessarily :scust: . Follow the damn game goofies :hhh:

That's how you know the 1st game story is overrated as fukk :sas1: . if it's perfect why change anything :sas2:
In my opinion, they’re changing the first so the things that happened in Part 2 seem more reasonable. Which is to say, Part 2 had things happen in the story that was quite unreasonable. So the changes are sacrificing the original to help prop up the newest one. That and because it’s tv so some things won’t translate well. Also then just wanting to take creative liberty.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Yeah, some people just aren’t smart enough to connect the dots between what needs to be and what shouldn’t be when transferring from game to movie/show

People want it to be like the video game where Joel is killing 30 infected and 15 raiders every episode without realising it’s literally like that in the game because that’s literally the gameplay loop…because while still amazingly written..it still has to be a video game

Facts, I just checked on YouTube and the entire Jackson section from the game is around 15 minutes long without gameplay. The University section is even shorter with 7 mins of cut scenes including the part where Joel is slowly making it out the University. Without that part, all the cut scenes together are about 3-4 mins.

The entire game barely hits 3 hours' worth of cutscenes and this person included some gameplay sections where they are talking :dead:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
i never heard this personally but i believe it. them the dudes that got waifu pillows. i was just mad because she looks like a hammerhead shark and it was fukkin up my show immersion :yeshrug:
There’s definitely some weirdos on that but way more people are just getting accused of that because they not slurping the show. I haven’t seen anyone say anything remotely like that either but I see everyone saying that’s what they see.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
My only real problem with this last one was

The “fight” Joel has with the guy at the University needed to be more. I feel like when it happens in the game it’s more of a moment. It’s a huge moment actually. I think they rushed it a little and you don’t quite get that same feeling of panic and fear. I just feel like emotionally they could’ve done more there.
I guess. I loved the way they did it. I hate movies/shows where stuff like that take place and they narrowly escape by a millisecond. shyt needed to be done quick. That’s how fights usually happen in real life. Joel said fukk all the theatrics. I’m trying to kill u asap because we got to go.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Joel letting that Texan come out :mjpls:

Probably had a Bush/Cheney bumper sticker on his truck:mjpls:
Joel was definitely a "compassionate conservative"
full

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Joel on some subtle :mjpls:

I actaully took it as Joel being mad that Tommy basically has the life that Joel himself once had. Joel
Apparently at one time had a black wife, half-black daughter, and was an architect.

Tommy now has a black wife, about to have a half-black child, and the first thing we saw him doing this episode was BUILDING something.

Tommy went away and basically became Joel 2.0 while Joel was out roughing it with Tess.

I actually thought for a minute Joel was going to call him out on it when they were in the bar