The Last Duel (Matt Damon, Adam Driver, Jodie Comer, Ben Affleck, dir: Ridley Scott)

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Worth the 20? Not set up for torrents where im at right now
If you’re into this type of setting/story I think it is, also it was a really interesting way to tell the story. I’d recommend getting it on iTunes because the bitrate is higher than other streaming services. I *believe* it’s also available on Disney plus in the UK if you have a VPN.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
If you’re into this type of setting/story I think it is, also it was a really interesting way to tell the story. I’d recommend getting it on iTunes because the bitrate is higher than other streaming services. I *believe* it’s also available on Disney plus in the UK if you have a VPN.
Thanks for that! Yea not set up with my vpn for the next couple days (or computer so i cant torrent) but i love historical stuff like this and would prob watch the extras on itunes.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was okay.

I understand telling the story from 3 perspectives, but by the time I got to the last one, I was barely paying attention.

It was pretty corny to me that from the beginning it was apparent who the "good guy" was and who the "bad guy" was. Carrouges in his blond hair. Le Gris with black hair. Carrouges on the white horse in the duel. Le Gris on the black horse...

I mean... :aicmon: It just seemed lazy to me.

I'd give it like a 6 just off the fact that Ben Affleck didn't ruin the movie. You watch it once. It has no replay value.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
It was okay.

I understand telling the story from 3 perspectives, but by the time I got to the last one, I was barely paying attention.

It was pretty corny to me that from the beginning it was apparent who the "good guy" was and who the "bad guy" was. Carrouges in his blond hair. Le Gris with black hair. Carrouges on the white horse in the duel. Le Gris on the black horse...

I mean... :aicmon: It just seemed lazy to me.

I'd give it like a 6 just off the fact that Ben Affleck didn't ruin the movie. You watch it once. It has no replay value.
Carrouge wasn’t a good guy though. You saw that once you see Margerite’s perspective. He started choking her and demanded her to fukk him after she had been raped so that le gris wasn’t the last man to enter her. He only fought for her To preserve his own name and reputation, he didn’t tell her she would be burned alive if he lost the duel, you saw after the duel how he played to the crowd and on his way home as if he had conquered a whole nation. It was all self interest.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Carrouge wasn’t a good guy though. You saw that once you see Margerite’s perspective. He started choking her and demanded her to fukk him after she had been raped so that le gris wasn’t the last man to enter her. He only fought for her To preserve his own name and reputation, he didn’t tell her she would be burned alive if he lost the duel, you saw after the duel how he played to the crowd and on his way home as if he had conquered a whole nation. It was all self interest.
Yeah, ok.

He wasn't the prototypical "white knight". I'd still say the movie clearly took a side from the beginning.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, ok.

He wasn't the prototypical "white knight". I'd still say the movie clearly took a side from the beginning.
Well the beginning of the movie was from his perspective though. Ofc it made him look better, and you could say he’s morally slightly better than Le Gris considering he didn’t rape another man’s wife, but I wouldn’t call him a good guy. I’m more curious whether Le Gris really thought she was playing hard to get because even as he was about to be killed he claimed he didn’t rape her.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also Le Gris assistant guy is low key hilarious. Was hyping him to fukk Matt Damon’s wife then was smirking all happy when it looked like Le Gris was getting the pass from Affleck and then looked devastated when they found out Matt Damon was appealing to the king.