The Last Duel (Matt Damon, Adam Driver, Jodie Comer, Ben Affleck, dir: Ridley Scott)

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
good flick tho I felt at the beginning the pace was a lil too quick and made scenes feel like short stories rather than scenes building up the plot/characters

but when we get to Le Gris side of events, things settle into place...also kudos for Ben improving his British accent since Shakespeare :russ:

wasn't too bad either in how modern themes played into this story even though they started laying it on thick towards the end

also, I'll never not find it funny movies taking place in France and other foreign speaking countries and everyone speaks english :mjlol:

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
good flick tho I felt at the beginning the pace was a lil too quick and made scenes feel like short stories rather than scenes building up the plot/characters

but when we get to Le Gris side of events, things settle into place...also kudos for Ben improving his British accent since Shakespeare :russ:

wasn't too bad either in how modern themes played into this story even though they started laying it on thick towards the end

also, I'll never not find it funny movies taking place in France and other foreign speaking countries and everyone speaks english :mjlol:
It’s implied they’re speaking French since no one has a French accent and are speaking with varying ones from British to American.

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
By far one of the best movies I’ve watched this year.

The dude who played King Charles in this was arrogant as fukk and killing me with his facial expressions, especially when announcing the duel. Felt like I was watching Game of Thrones again with Joffrey’s cruel self just basking in all of the fukkery. :mjlol:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
By far one of the best movies I’ve watched this year.

The dude who played King Charles in this was arrogant as fukk and killing me with his facial expressions, especially when announcing the duel. Felt like I was watching Game of Thrones again with Joffrey’s cruel self just basking in all of the fukkery. :mjlol:
They call him Charles the mad. So them joffery comparisons ain't too far.
Charles VI of France - Wikipedia

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Ridley did it twice this year. I think Gucci has 3 words in Italian the whole movie

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Matt Damon really is a good actor.....I will say it again.....him standing on his tippy toes briefly while they were eating was brilliant

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Also Le Gris assistant guy is low key hilarious. Was hyping him to fukk Matt Damon’s wife then was smirking all happy when it looked like Le Gris was getting the pass from Affleck and then looked devastated when they found out Matt Damon was appealing to the king.
He was always scheming in the cut :russ:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps

Ridley did it twice this year. I think Gucci has 3 words in Italian the whole movie
Chernobyl did the same thing. Doesn’t bother me, I’d rather actors just act instead of thinking of how to do an accent and it being off or not good.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
By the way I thought Matt Damon was better in “Stillwater”.

Side note, but it seems to me like in the last few years Willem Dafoe has gotten a lot better as an actor. At the very least he plays way more interesting roles than most people.