The Last Duel (Matt Damon, Adam Driver, Jodie Comer, Ben Affleck, dir: Ridley Scott)

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Wasnt one of Ridley's first movies about duels aswell? The duelists?
Damon and Ben look weird in this movie.

I always wanted to se a movie from that period of time where the characters have a Boston accent

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
It’s just really well done. Definitely a slow burn so I know it won’t be for everyone but it was worth it to me.

The acting is great across the board, especially Jodie. I’ve been a fan of her work since Killing Eve. She’s a special talent.

The way they tell the story is
Rashomon style. So you get the story leading up to the rape from 3 different perspectives. The subtle and the not so subtle changes from the varying perspectives is interesting to watch and leads to some great acting performances.

They do a great job of using this historical event to parallel some current issues in America.

Overall, Ridley was in his bag. The medieval action is there. The acting is there. The emotional resonates and tie to the present in there. And while it’s long, the drama is interesting enough not feel like it’s dragging and the action is gripping, especially the titular duel. My 3 only complaints would be the lack of French accents , Damon’s God awful mullet, and having to watch rape multiple times. I honestly had to turn away a few times. But this is the best medieval movie I’ve watched in a minute

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
Good movie, acting and set. But what stands out is the writing. It says a lot about infedelity, mistrust, what the truth is and how we see it, jealousy and how it grows in one person.

I was waiting at the end to see the kids nose...but nothing. They made him blonde like his father..........or better yet like his mom:francis:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
It's out in the streets, I watched the first act, I'll finish it up today:ninja2:

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
Watched it, super disappointing :yeshrug:

the dialogue is shockingly bad, the battle/fight scenes are glorious.

7/10