The Last Duel (Matt Damon, Adam Driver, Jodie Comer, Ben Affleck, dir: Ridley Scott)

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
This shyt slaps, easily in my top 5 for the year and perhaps at the top. Really glad they got Adam Driver to play opposite Damon vs the original plan of Affleck being in that role.

Oh, and Ridley Scott is a fukkin G. Dude is making classics at 84?!?

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
What the fukk is this white nonsense?

Matt Damon with a rat tail?

Adam Driver in ever fukken movie. Tha fukk?

shyt is in black and white? :dahell:

Nope. :camby:

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What the fukk is this white nonsense?

Matt Damon with a rat tail?

Adam Driver in ever fukken movie. Tha fukk?

shyt is in black and white? :dahell:

Nope. :camby:

it’s a good movie, why did you watch it? Did you expect the good will hunting gang and Adam driver not to be white

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You sensitive crackers got all that energy on the internet, but where were you when it became one of the biggest box office bombs ever at the box office?

I just think it’s a good movie man, never said it didn’t flop terribly. But I’m into the medieval type shyt so might not be as piff for others.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Really good movie.

I remember writing this off after seeing the trailer and poster but after seeing the positive reviews here and online decided to give it a go.

The story telling technique was brilliant in this. I really thought that Matt Damon's character (Jean) was the hero in this after the first chapter, only for him to be portrayed as a clown with anger issues in the second :mjlol: and straight up a$$hole in the third :merchant:

Adam Driver's driver's character definitely raped her from both perspectives but the subtle changes in dialogue, voice tone and body language between him and the wife during each scene (not just the rape) were crazy and the movie obviously makes a lot of commentary on rape issues, some of which probably still exist today.

Battle scenes throughout the movie were intense but the duel in the end was particularly brutal. It felt like I was taking some of those shots when they were jousting on horses.

8/10 for me.