The iPhone is just a superior end user product to Android

Crude

Superstar
Daps
Fan boy wars.

I use an iPhone 13 Pro Max for now because 80-90 percent of the people in my social circle use iPhones and it’s more convenient to airdrop and send those larger documents and media over iMessage.

If Android and Samsung specifically came up with a cross platform feature for sending larger files that iPhone users would adopt I’d switch back in a heartbeat.

My Samsung Note and Samsung S series phones from like 5 years ago did a lot more out of the box than the most current version iPhone 13 does.

iOS and their neutered version of widgets along with how it handles notifications, lack of being able to put an app where I want on the screen, and Apple walled garden make make there be at least equally as good alternatives.

Samsung Pay is superior to Apple Pay in every single way. I’ve used both. Half the places around here don’t even take Apple Pay.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I noticed people who prefer iPhones are also the same people who buy macbooks and prefer everything to be a turn on and click experience.

Android users are more likely to be the same folks who build their own pc and are more tech savvy overall.
I tried the ios experience and that shyt was way 2 restrictive for me,I like all my shyt free.
I’m a build a PC kinda guy. I prefer iOS to android. My note 20 is a great phone, but the overall android experience is still not as smooth as the iPhone. Yea the iPhone weakest point is that they don’t let you have lower level access to the OS. The pros outweigh the cons for the most part in this case. The OS is extremely stable in use comparatively. Although admittedly both platforms are very stable.

Also, MacBooks aren’t “turn on and click” experiences. They aren’t difficult to use, but you do need to know what you’re doing.
OMFG:mjlol:

Not only does my S22 Ultra pops up for GPay and Samsung pay and allows me to use my fingerprint to pay instantly
But my finger print works for my Bank app, Pay Pal and beaucoup other shyt:mjlol:

Iphones cant do shyt:mjlol:
Apple doesn't even pretend to try to be innovative :mjlol:

shyt is a remedial short bus phone
FaceID and touchID (for phones that still have it) get me into iOS apps the same same way

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Once I got this 12 pro max and used it everyday I realized there really wasn't anything that it's lacking features wise compared to Android anymore.

iPhone is better right now plus Apple is killing it with their chipsets compared to Snapdragon.

I got a Tab S8+ though so I'm not against Android at all but Apple makes a better phone ecosystem. Plus the App support is so key as well.

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
I generally don’t trust anybody who uses Android.

Actually I know 1 entire person who used Android who is actually smart and not some contrarian using Android JUST not to use an iPhone.

All other people, there’s something wrong with them. 99% are real contrarian/out to prove a point ppl..

Anybody who VOLUNTARILY chooses a completely wonky, sub-par experience.. like wtf? Apple just works. It’s like when I went from a Sony Vaio running Windows to buying a Macbook Pro: different planet.

I have never owned anything Android, so I only fukk with iPhones. If you want things to WORK, without having to take 10,000 steps to get it to WORK… and if you want things to WORK together.. It’s a no brainer.

*I get that it is available on cheaper phones (another reason it is wonky af - it has to work for the lowest denominator also) and for people who can’t afford iPhones I totally get that it’s an option. But an older, cheaper model iPhone is far superior to even mid-level Androids and a user will get longer use out of it over time.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Samsung Pay is superior to Apple Pay in every single way. I’ve used both. Half the places around here don’t even take Apple Pay.
I can vouch for Samsung Pay. It's smooth, I only use it with my Galaxy Watch when checking out tho

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I generally don’t trust anybody who uses Android.

Actually I know 1 entire person who used Android who is actually smart and not some contrarian using Android JUST not to use an iPhone.

All other people, there’s something wrong with them. 99% are real contrarian/out to prove a point ppl..

Anybody who VOLUNTARILY chooses a completely wonky, sub-par experience.. like wtf? Apple just works. It’s like when I went from a Sony Vaio running Windows to buying a Macbook Pro: different planet.

I have never owned anything Android, so I only fukk with iPhones. If you want things to WORK, without having to take 10,000 steps to get it to WORK… and if you want things to WORK together.. It’s a no brainer.

*I get that it is available on cheaper phones (another reason it is wonky af - it has to work for the lowest denominator also) and for people who can’t afford iPhones I totally get that it’s an option. But an older, cheaper model iPhone is far superior to even mid-level Androids and a user will get longer use out of it over time.
This stupid shyt here:mjlol:

U never even owned 1:deadmanny:

"wonky" :dead:

Corny ass shyt

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Android been ass since Google stopped naming their updates after desserts.

Android 12 is straight trash. Let's remove features and shortcuts to commonly use feats and replace them with more shortcuts to the Google Assistant. And let's add more way to activate the Google Assistant. And let's make the power button activate Google Assistant. Let's remove shortcuts for Smart Home Controls and replace it with Google Assistant. Let's remove the Google pay shortcut and replace it with the Google Assistant.

My next phone might very well be an iPhone.

Last edited:

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
The funny thing is that One UI is like an Android iOS with more features and the latest gen of Samsung S phones aesthetically look like iPhones, except the new Ultra which is just a note.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Once I got this 12 pro max and used it everyday I realized there really wasn't anything that it's lacking features wise compared to Android anymore.

iPhone is better right now plus Apple is killing it with their chipsets compared to Snapdragon.

I got a Tab S8+ though so I'm not against Android at all but Apple makes a better phone ecosystem. Plus the App support is so key as well.

tenor.gif

Code:
https://medium.com/macoclock/5-ridiculously-basic-features-missing-on-ios15-and-every-other-ios-%EF%B8%8F-b286449cd338
  • T9 Dialing. ...
  • Basic Messaging Features. ...
  • App Icon Arrangement. ...
  • Calculator App for iPad. ...
  • Grouping in Contacts App. ...

Trying iOS made me appreciate these 8 Android features a lot more

Consistent back gesture
Although Google was late to the gesture game (for stock Android at least) and implemented this mode of navigation after Apple, it did something better in my opinion: the back gesture is consistent and reliable on Android. You swipe from the left or right edge of the screen and you go one step back, anywhere, anyhow. At first, I wasn't a fan of the way it conflicted with the side menu in some apps, but after a while, I realized I used the back gesture an order of magnitude more than the side menu. (Plus, many apps have since eschewed that menu for bottom tabs or a floating menu à la Google Maps and Photos, to name a few.)

Swipe back, go back. Every time.

There's no real equivalent to this back swipe on iOS. In a few apps, swiping from the right edge of the screen does go back, but that gesture isn't universally implemented, neither by Apple nor by all devs. In other apps, you have to use the back button on the top left, the furthest place your finger can reach. And in some instances, you just navigate without the back button, using bottom tabs to move between sections and tapping outside of floating menus to go back. Overall, navigating on iOS is cool as long as you don't need to go one step back. For that, you just throw a dart at the wall and hope you hit the right mechanism.

Share sheet
It's no secret that we are not big fans of the Android share sheet here. We've begged Google to fix it once, and twice, and covered every tiny good and bad change it's received in the past years. But no matter how bad I think Android's share sheet is, it's nowhere near as confusing as the one in iOS.

What in the tiny app icon row is that?!

Maybe I'm failing to understand how it works, but each time I hit that share button on my iPad, I have no idea what I'm going to get. The only thing I appreciate is that I can show, hide, and re-arrange the apps that show up, but I have to be pro-active about it because the default is neither organized nor logical — at least Android implemented alphabetical sorting by default. The app icons UI is so tiny and scrolling horizontally through a long list it isn't convenient, and there are so many options that appear in certain apps but not in others, to my dismay. Plus, some apps show up in both the icons list and the action list, creating a lot of redundancy. And if you thought Apple didn't have custom share sheets, think again. Twitter, YouTube, and plenty of other apps make you go through their own sheets before you get to Apple's.

Notification bundles and channels
Another classical example of the "I thought it was bad, until I saw worse" club are notifications. On Android, they can become very overbearing very quickly, there's no way to manage them in bulk, they get delivered to all devices including inactive ones, and there's no smart system managing what you get notified by depending on the time of day.

Apple tried to implement the latter in iOS/iPadOS 14, but it's still years behind Android in everything else. Bundling doesn't work all the time and I've often found a bunch of individual notifications from the same app listed one after the other. Smart actions aren't available, so you can't open links and set reminders and check Maps or do other relevant actions from a notification.

If this is what happens when notifications are grouped...

But the worst offender is the lack of channels. Apple's system is all or nothing, so an app developer can't let you decide what type of notifications you want to receive and which ones you'd rather not see — well, not unless they manually implement a picker inside their app. This has lead me to basically disable all notifications on my iPad. I'm already getting the important pings from the apps installed on my phone, I don't need to duplicate them on my tablet. But goodness help those who own an iPhone...

Enabling the notification channels that matter. Disabling the others.

Everything about Gboard
I knew I'd miss Gboard on my iPad, but I didn't know I'd miss it this much. The Apple keyboard can't come close to delivering the same experience as Gboard on Android, and sadly even Google's own Gboard sucks because Apple limits third-party keyboards on iOS so much that Google can't implement any of its signature features.

You lose the number row, a crucial element for my transliterated Arabic typing — we use the numbers 2, 3, and 7 to replace letters with no vocal equivalent in the Latin alphabet. You also have to say goodbye to multilingual support and manually switch between each language you plan to use. On-the-fly translation is gone too, so you can't use it to quickly find how a word or sentence is said in another language.

Gboard on Android has Emoji Kitchen, a clipboard, easy translations, plus more awesome features.

Add to those no GIF searching and inserting, no clipboard manager to quickly paste several items, no autofill suggestions, and no ridiculously awesome emoji kitchen. All the reasons that make Gboard extraordinary on Android are gone on iOS and it's almost like using a skinned version that's barely a shadow of its Android glory.

Overview text and image selection
Although it's a Pixel-only feature, the ability to select anything in the app Overview window on Android is often forgotten and undermined. Simply swipe up in any app to trigger the switcher, and you get an interactive card where tapping and holding allows you to circumvent any app's tap-and-hold limitations. Instagram not letting you select an image? You can do it from Overview. A website or app not letting you select text? Overview again. It's such a simple solution, and it's augmented by Google Lens, which simplifies text detection. Add on top of that all the contextual elements you get once you select something — open link, translate, open in YouTube or Maps or Spotify, call a number, send a message, add to your calendar, etc... — and you have an exquisite tool that gets under-appreciated way too much.

Overview selections for images and text are extremely handy.

Consistent double tap or tap-and-hold
I'll file this one in the same bucket as the back gesture and share sheet. Maybe I don't know iOS/iPadOS well enough, maybe I'm not privy to their secret ways, but I swear to the heavens, I have no idea how to use double tap or tap-and-hold on my iPad. Sometimes they select text, sometimes they place the cursor in the middle of text, and sometimes they don't. Sometimes they're the equivalent of a right click on links, other times they select the link's text. And most times they do the thing I don't want them to do instead of the one I want. Insert twenty frustrating seconds of me trying to do it again and again, and for some reason, it succeeds. I literally repeated the exact same gesture a few times, but one time out of five or six, it did what I expected, the others not.

How can this be so frustrating and so inconsistent? On Android, I know what a double tap or a tap-and-hold does, every single time. There's no second-guessing, no trial and error, no inconsistency. "It just works."

Resetting apps
I never realized how important it is to be able to go back to an app's blank state until I started using an iPad. Whether it's because an app has started misbehaving, or I want to clear all cached data to free some space, or I want to start fresh with an app for whatever reason, Android allows me to do just that.

Clearing an app's storage or cache, or going back to its original version is child's play.

On iOS/iPadOS, there's no such option. A few rare, very rare, apps offer a reset setting, but otherwise, your only real bet is to uninstall and reinstall the app from scratch. Even then, some data might have been backed up and associated with your account, which is a good thing if you're setting up a new phone but a bad thing if you're trying to get an app back to a blank state. There are a few tutorials online about this, but nothing as simple as the Clear storage and Clear cache options that Android offers. That's without even mentioning the Uninstall updates feature that lets me go back to a preloaded app's original version.

Live Captions
When Live Captions were announced on Android, a couple of years ago, I didn't expect to be using them well into 2021. But here I am, lying in bed next to my still-sleeping husband or waiting somewhere in a public place, and trying to watch a video without provided captions. I don't want to turn the sound on, so I enable Live Captions and can read what's being said without disturbing anyone.

It's nice to be able to silently watch videos on Twitter and Instagram and read their captions.

I didn't know I'd miss this so much on my iPad, but when situations like these occur while I'm using it, I silently curse underneath my breath, and save the video for later.

Default apps
Although Apple has gotten better at giving us the option to pick our favorite browsers and email apps, it still ties everything else on iOS/iPadOS to its own services. I had taken the convenience of changing the default file browser, photo gallery, launcher, calendar, and maps apps for granted on Android. Now, I appreciate them a lot more because I know how annoying it is to be tied to a choice you don't favor.

Code:
https://medium.com/macoclock/7-android-features-apple-should-add-to-ios-to-make-it-more-awesome-324febdb110a

truncated
Sideloading apps

0*eJNyFw7yJ_b3Re7q

App launchers

0*Yz3px0yVGe_tTBNT.png

File management

Stock keyboard

0*k3qkaKBViZGB1ygp.jpg

Custom ringtones

Always-on display

0*sBtJ-CLyg1cbPHo-.jpg

Home screen orientation
0*QYtwAlqroBFk2UUG

Source: 9to5Google

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Android been ass since Google stopped naming their updates after desserts.

Android 12 is straight trash. Let's remove features and shortcuts to commonly use feats and replace them with more shortcuts to the Google Assistant. And let's add more way to activate the Google Assistant. And let's make the power button activate Google Assistant. Let's remove shortcuts for Smart Home Controls and replace it with Google Assistant. Let's remove the Google pay shortcut and replace it with the Google Assistant.

My next phone might very well be an iPhone.

android purposely sabotaging call recording on these recent releases is my main complaint even though rooted users can still do it like before.

https://www.howtogeek.com/729343/how-to-turn-off-the-google-assistant-power-button-on-android/

Google Pay update brings quick shortcut menu with new user interface

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Android devices are mad buggy too. The amount of bugs I've encountered with my pixel devices and this is being made by Google themselves :dead:.

There's always something compromised too, like the battery life. I always gotta keep a charger with me.

Like I said in the past I would've said android better. But since iphone 12 specifically, I think the iphone experience is better. Especially when android phones are just as pricey as Iphones. Gone are the days where you could get a dope ass Android phone for $500. Even them shytty ass one plus phones are selling for a stack :hhh:

Trust me, if I had the money I'd switch my pixel for a 13 and apple watch and call it a day. But that shyt is expensive and I already used to/locked-in the Google ecosystem. But I think the past couple of years android phones and the OS have been ass/stagnant. The fact there's still not a decent android watch on the market tells you everything you need to know. Apple is one manufacturer, android has Samsung, Google(Fitbit), Garmin etc... Still, the apple watch is far better than anything android has to offer, with the exception of specialty watches that Garmin sells.

I look at it from an ecosystem perspective. Yes android is more customizable and suited for the more tech savvy, but that shyt doesn't apply to 99% of people. At the end of the day even if you by an iphone for a stack, it will retain it's value far better than any Android phone, that iphone you got for a stack will have 6 years of security/os updates compared to the android standard of 3. From an ecosystem perspective apple seems better, I just wouldn't want to have Siri over Google Assistant

Last edited: