The idea of Masculinity: is it harmful or helpful to today's black male youth?

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Apedemak%20sprite%202_zpsbff3fcm4.jpg

This is Masculinity. The Media wants us to think feminine bytch ass dudes is whats up and acceptable. My son will know how to kill by 3.

We must re-educate our children before people like young thug make them believe wearing high heels is acceptable behavior as a straight male.

Don't mind me. I am just a game developer being unapologetic.
:deadrose:

Daps
Aren't sexual identities and hormonal differences natural/innate? How do you define masculinity?
Yeah they are, but they fluctuate from person to person, and also when I frame them as "sexual identity" or "hormone differences" instead of "personality", the differences between men and women get easier for me to understand and I can respectfully give them space to be male, instead of comparing them to women or trying to prove why stuff like honor and discipline isn't some innate trait in mens DNA lol.

Masculinity imo is a mix of traits men have because of testosterone, their sexual role with women, and societies expectations of men in general.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Yeah they are, but they fluctuate from person to person, and also when I frame them as "sexual identity" or "hormone differences" instead of "personality", the differences between men and women get easier for me to understand and I can respectfully give them space to be male, instead of comparing them to women or trying to prove why stuff like honor and discipline isn't some innate trait in mens DNA lol.

Masculinity imo is a mix of traits men have because of testosterone, their sexual role with women, and societies expectations of men in general.
Who's ever said that honor and discipline are innate to men's DNA tho? Those attributes have to be taught/learned and instilled.

How do you feel about gender roles?

Daps
Who's ever said that honor and discipline are innate to men's DNA tho? Those attributes have to be taught/learned and instilled.

How do you feel about gender roles?
I've heard the "women have no honor" speech so many times on the internet lol. Gender roles are half normal and half unimportant. People are gonna do what they need/want to do as a man or woman, and their parents are going to teach them how to live life as their respective gender, so they're normal. But they're also not as big of a deal as people make them out to be. Boys aren't going to fall into high heels and skirts if their parents don't drill them on gender roles constantly.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
I honestly plan and raising my sons and daughters the same way.

Education and awareness first.
Discipline and faith is 2nd and the one I am most forceful about.
Goals and skill development is 3rd.
After that, you can play and enjoy being a kid. Playing toys, games, etc.

By the time you are 18, when you enter college, you must know how to code in 2 programming languages, understand how to do cyber security from the ground and you must know the basic in financial literacy

I will do the same. All my kids will be guaranteed professional school paid for. I will not pay for undergrad. I have higher expectations.

I will give you a starter pack. You can start your career at my business which isn't here yet but will be.

I will give pay for a two week vacation for your high school graduation or you can use that money to add to your portfolio if you have one.
As it should be, you gotta train these future adults for success in life.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
People are free to raise their kids how they see fit but I hope lil man knows his colors and can count to ten first
:heh:

If not, he gonna be recruited to the CIA and be it's Ultimate weapon :wow:

Or even worse, a kid without a conscience.