The idea of Masculinity: is it harmful or helpful to today's black male youth?

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
We need to kill that "real man" and "real woman" bullshyt because there's no such thing. Most people only use those terms to manipulate people into doing what the person wants them to do by attacking their man/womanhood. Ex. "Real men always pay for meals/"Real women clean/fukk for their man on demand"
Exactly. Basically "If you don't do what I want you to do, you fail to live up to these arbitrary standards I've just created"

shyt's crazy narcissistic if you think about it, it's like you have these people who really think that everyone should live up to their individual standards somehow :heh:

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Some people might be taught that but y'all suburban dudes gotta stop with the craziness. Outside of the first one you sound like some white person that takes pictures with black kids in foreign countries and sad thing is a lot of you cats on here be on that stupid shyt. Idgaf what y'all say y'all might be black but y'all can't convince me y'all from nowhere but the nicest of neighborhoods or in the words of Hov "you ain't live it you witnessed it from your folks pad" cause its too much stereotyping going on that reeks of cats with no connection to the situation period. The first thing you mentioned is definitely being part of a man just like getting a dude that will commit seems to be a thing for a lot of women to harp on
To be fair though, you're doing a bit of stereotyping yourself in assuming that all suburbs are the "nicest of neighborhoods".

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
:mjpls:
Actually , i want to see where these answers actually goes......and i was just asking questions

what are you talking about?I'm just asking questions....fukk. Cant ol girl ask questions
Asking questions to what end though? And why are you debating with one side and not the other?:jbhmm:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
I honestly plan and raising my sons and daughters the same way.
those arent masculine traits, those are hallmarks of person of good character
if people aren't teaching their daughter these same traits, they lost
Question, do you two think that there are natural innate differences between males and females(outside of the physical) or that any differences in behavior and ways of thinking have been socially engineered?
@Rainman called someone an faggit, which is a slur and therefore not apart of an conversation that could be considered productive.
This is a white supremacist/c00n tactic. Fake outrage used to deflect.

Ghost_In_A_Shell

Talk No Jutsu
Daps
I was gonna contribute to the discussion but then I realized OP is borderline trolling under the mask of "being objective" so Ima just take a seat and peep game.

I'm not fukking trolling, i want to actually see what you have to say.....I want to open an conversation about this

Ghost_In_A_Shell

Talk No Jutsu
Daps
Question, do you two think that there are natural innate differences between males and females(outside of the physical) or that any differences in behavior and ways of thinking have been socially engineered?

This is a white supremacist/c00n tactic. Fake outrage used to deflect.

you can not have intellectual conversation that includes name calling...you just can't

Gravity

Banned
Daps
you can not have intellectual conversation that includes name calling...you just can't
You can if you're conversing with someone who's secure in themselves enough not to get bothered by "name calling". There's no reason to take any name that someone may call you here seriously and if you do, then you're not secure enough to have a real conversation anyway. That's a cop out. Look at the argument and ignore the names if you bothers you that much.

Daps
Imo, apart from personalities that are formed from their sexual identity, no. Any personality differences between men and women, for me, lead back to sexual identity or hormone differences.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Being a man isn't about being tough and aggressive

Masculine traits: Honor, steadfastness, discipline, courage, sense of responsibility, Strength, sacrifice, noble, dominant, competitive, confident

Tell me how those things are traits we shouldn't instill in all young men :francis:

My son will have all of these traits taught to him, your sons are free to twerk tho:yeshrug:
:salute: