The idea of Masculinity: is it harmful or helpful to today's black male youth?

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Aint no word y'all nikkas don't even talk about this shyt IRL. I bet you do though? Instead if talking about normal shyt you and all the other cats talk about make masculinity? Gotcha fam
Sometimes I talk about normal shyt and sometimes I talk have intellectual discussions.

Thats what being a mature adult is about.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
If a woman has all of these exact qualities is she a man?

No. In Biology genders are different. Men for example have more muscle mass and more testosterone then women. What does testosterone make us? More competitive,aggressive,stronger than a woman. This is why men love sports overall then women. That is why women overall want a "real man" who can lift or who is strong. That is why you see women who are attracted to dudes with muscles or dudes who are tall, or dudes with beards or who have manly qualities. This is why in history men were the ones fomenting and waging wars. Women have lower levels as testosterone that allows them to be competitive but if you look at the numbers women sports are less popular than mens sports. Why? There isnt a large female sports base to watch womens sports as there is with men. Humans still have deep primal instincts. When a women say she wants a real man she means a man who doesnt whine and complain,acts like a bytch and cant fight. Now you will see women who have man traits but that is an aberration not the majority. Ask an average women will she be attracted to shy scary lame mufukka like this?
nerdy-unhappy-scared-man-closeup-portrait-young-student-big-glasses-biting-nails-looking-up-craving-something-36989367.jpg

Or a man like this?
ce4deda65a09b086bb56e954c1c821e4.jpg

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Sometimes I talk about normal shyt and sometimes I talk about intellectual discussion.

Thats what being a mature adult is about.
This ain't intellectual fam. This is bullshyt cause dudes outside of this online bizarro world have similar views on what it is to be a man. Mature adult lol. Man please being a mature adult ain't about having no bologna ass convo. Its about the things we as "men" supposed to do that usually are different from what girls do. I just like this stuff on here cause I get people I don't run into IRL so I like hearing different views even if I don't agree but its not mature adult stuff at all.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
No. In Biology genders are different. Men for example have more muscle mass and more testosterone then women. What does testosterone make us? More competitive,aggressive,stronger than a woman. This is why men love sports overall then women. That is why women overall want a "real man" who can lift or who is strong. That is why you see women who are attracted to dudes with muscles or dudes who are tall, or dudes with beards or who have manly qualities. This is why in history men were the ones fomenting and waging wars. Women have lower levels as testosterone that allows them to be competitive but if you look at the numbers women sports are less popular than mens sports. Why? There isnt a large female sports base to watch womens sports as there is with men. Humans still have deep primal instincts. When a women say she wants a real man she means a man who doesnt whine and complain,acts like a bytch and cant fight. Now you will see women who have man traits but that is an aberration not the majority. Ask an average women will she be attracted to shy scary lame mufukka like this?
nerdy-unhappy-scared-man-closeup-portrait-young-student-big-glasses-biting-nails-looking-up-craving-something-36989367.jpg

Or a man like this?
ce4deda65a09b086bb56e954c1c821e4.jpg
I agree with all of this outside of I wouldn't use the pictures but I get your point. Lol

Blackout

Daps
This ain't intellectual fam. This is bullshyt cause dudes outside of this online bizarro world have similar views on what it is to be a man. Mature adult lol. Man please being a mature adult ain't about having no bologna ass convo. Its about the things we as "men" supposed to do that usually are different from what girls do. I just like this stuff on here cause I get people I don't run into IRL so I like hearing different views even if I don't agree but its not mature adult stuff at all.
It is intellectual discussion to mention how some men arent being real men and handling their responsibilities and rather focus on these immature things than on mature responsibilities.

How many women you fukk?
How many times you fight?
How many times you been to jail?
How much money you have compared to them.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Aint no word y'all nikkas don't even talk about this shyt IRL. I bet you do though? Instead if talking about normal shyt you and all the other cats talk about make masculinity? Gotcha fam

Facts. Off all the problems we have as black folks in America defining what masculinity is not even the top 10,000. I never hear black folks in my everyday experience talk about this dumb shyt and if you do talk about black men and women will look at you like :russ::mjlol::lolbron::troll::pachaha::bryan::mjpls::russell::childplease::birdman::heh::dahell::rudy::shaq2:. With all the bullshyt we are going through there isnt time for some BS therapy session meanwhile white militias are actively plotting to kill us. This is some topic that I would hear in a college sociology class. What the hell is this some new black tumblr topic nonsense? As Dr. Henrik Clarke said "Nothing that came out of the European mind was good for the African."

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
I will not accept government grants for school, government handouts. I will not accept help from family, no matter how much I need it, to do so would make me less of a man. Instead, I will rob, steal and kill to provide for mine.
Yeah I don't believe in handouts. I'm gonna make my own way. Im sure at times something will be needed. I would weigh the options.... not just gonna do things that won't benefit my life, my kids and their future kids.

I see how my sons, dont do or will do stuff based on my choices. I don't want to show a sign of weakness and need.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It to be prepared to do what needs to be done and accept the realities of life
to be strong in mind body and spirit and deal with adversity in each area
to have grit and determination to see things through to their conclusion
to have honor or a code you live by even if it defies logic
to be ready to accept blame or responsibility if need be
to be unaccommodating to the idea of being a victim

just a few

Deutsche Bank

Some Of My Partners Dope Fiends Ha
Daps
Reppin
Hookers & Blow
If you get your ideas of masculinity from fatherless nikkas, or from rap, which is a fatherless nikka parade, your ass is lost.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
It is intellectual discussion to mention how some men arent being real men and handling their responsibilities and rather focus on these immature things than on mature responsibilities.

How many women you fukk?
How many times you fight?
How many times you been to jail?
How much money you have compared to them.
I'm being honest I don't hear the saying "real men" outside of online and chicks period. Never heard no dudes on that shyt unless it was joke poking fun of the other groups. Its not an intellectual discussion cause you know what. O matter what the hell y'all come up with you know what y'all ain't going to do? The answer is change cats minds esp if y'all on the same level as I suspect I'm pretty sure you and your partners are. They going to look at you and your people as a bunch of haters just talking to sound better than somebody. Now do I agree with everything dudes do fukk no but I'm also not going to sit here and act like I care if its not my family/friends involved in regards to this type of topic.

Lastly being real those things you mentioned aren't talked about like that outside of getting girls fam. Y'all cats really be sounding like crackers out here. The money part is talked about too at times but not that often outside of a cat trying to play an outsider cause my dude people roll with people that's close to them money wise. Its not too many instances where you got millionaires being friend with a bunch of regular job dudes. The other questions is bullshyt y'all cats saw watching south central or some shyt unless y'all telling me y'all killers or something? Them the only cats really talking about going to jail, and fights (unless your crew are pro fighters or some shyt) on a consistent basis.

nikka im in my 30s, i worked for the board of ed
My man doing the ole dangerous minds help the kids out smfh.

Facts. Off all the problems we have as black folks in America defining what masculinity is not even the top 10,000. I never hear black folks in my everyday experience talk about this dumb shyt and if you do talk about black men and women will look at you like :russ::mjlol::lolbron::troll::pachaha::bryan::mjpls::russell::childplease::birdman::heh::dahell::rudy::shaq2:. With all the bullshyt we are going through there isnt time for some BS therapy session meanwhile white militias are actively plotting to kill us. This is some topic that I would hear in a college sociology class. What the hell is this some new black tumblr topic nonsense? As Dr. Henrik Clarke said "Nothing that came out of the European mind was good for the African."
Yeah I agree esp the college sociology part. I think we have a few dudes got their degrees in it and try to flex online or something. Its almost instinctual what you have to do to be a "man" or "woman" don't really need to do much talking about it. I do like the difference of views though it keeps it lively.

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
Well you can always be a eunuch, which is the logical outcome of succumbing to white supremacy. But where's the fun in that? :huhldup:

Blackout

Daps
I'm being honest I don't hear the saying "real men" outside of online and chicks period. Never heard no dudes on that shyt unless it was joke poking fun of the other groups. Its not an intellectual discussion cause you know what. O matter what the hell y'all come up with you know what y'all ain't going to do? The answer is change cats minds esp if y'all on the same level as I suspect I'm pretty sure you and your partners are. They going to look at you and your people as a bunch of haters just talking to sound better than somebody. Now do I agree with everything dudes do fukk no but I'm also not going to sit here and act like I care if its not my family/friends involved in regards to this type of topic.

Lastly being real those things you mentioned aren't talked about like that outside of getting girls fam. Y'all cats really be sounding like crackers out here. The money part is talked about too at times but not that often outside of a cat trying to play an outsider cause my dude people roll with people that's close to them money wise. Its not too many instances where you got millionaires being friend with a bunch of regular job dudes. The other questions is bullshyt y'all cats saw watching south central or some shyt unless y'all telling me y'all killers or something? Them the only cats really talking about going to jail, and fights (unless your crew are pro fighters or some shyt) on a consistent basis.
:snoop: