The idea of Masculinity: is it harmful or helpful to today's black male youth?

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Feel the same about you and you views but don't just use a smilie like I'm some high school bytch. No wonder some of y'all like to talk about masculinity. Also funny thing is we started off on the wrong foot over me saying you can't get girls but now you claiming cats care too much about it? Funny ass nikkas I tell ya

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
If you can not talk to each other like rational beings that I know you can be, get out of my thread.
I can talk to anybody rational. I'm tired of clowns on here with that he's a cac shyt just because we online. That's bytch shyt that these cowards don't ever want to put up or shut up on just saying it. Tell dude to stop being a fukking coward and I can be rational if not fukk this rational shyt. Oh yeah no disrespect

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
can you not? You're egging him on.
Im not gonna egg him on sista. I started ignoring him these days because he is immature and writes paragraphs full of nothing.

Arguing with him is like arguing with a child.

Im just making sure I warn you about him so you can avoid him. :yeshrug:

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
This is probably off topic, but reminds me of something I told my wife last night. I basically was like, women are the only ones that say that men and women are exactly the same, because they don't live with/date/marry women :mjlol:

Every good married bruh that I've gotten to chop it up with has had a "Your wife does that too?!" :krs: :whew: moment when shooting the shyt with another good married bruh. I think there's such a learning curve because brehs go into marriage expecting his woman to be like and communicate like him. It's actually refreshing to recognize those differences and probably saves marriages, because at least you know you're not crazy or that you didn't just choose a bad one. Just gotta learn how to reach her.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The fear of being emasculated is a fear of being feminized. What about femininity makes one fearful?

Feminine men can't build a society or have a strong set of principles or good character traits to secure humanity. Feminism unchecked cause massive undisciplined actions to single parent households.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
People in the black community are more strict than others when it comes to gender roles, so yeah. We are very strict when it comes to that.
If this was true then why do so many black women complain about black males not knowing how to be "men"? Why do so many black men complain about black women being too masculine and domineering? Why have black women adopted this "independent strong black women who doesn't need a black man" mentality?

What it comes down to is people are going to do what they want. It's a very fluid moment in time when it comes to gender roles, so no matter how strict the oldheads and parents in the community are, they can't stop the influences of the whole society.
Yes, the gay agenda is very powerful and it's promoting homosexuality/transgenderism while attempting to influence people that gender roles are "unimportant". I agree with that. The black community is especially vulnerable to this agenda because of the destruction of the traditional family unit.

If you don't think that men and women are building strong enough families and communities, what makes you think that just bringing up the gender roles that they already know about will fix that?
I never made the argument that just bringing up gender roles will fix anything. That's your argument. My argument would be that the recommitment to accept more traditional gender roles and rebuild the traditional black family(man+woman+children) would go a long way fix the community. Parents need to do more than just bring up the roles that males and females should play in the community, they need to be taught. Like you've admitted, society is now teaching people to reject traditional roles. Strong parenting can combat that tho.

Boys will wear what their parents buy them. If you don't teach him not to wear skirts, he would probably not end up wearing skirts anyway. Because he's a boy. And boys don't like wearing skirts. I feel like people don't have faith in mens natural inclination to be men. Guys aren't going to morph into super gay booty warriors if they don't remind themselves that they are a straight male.
Youre trying to bullshyt your way around the questions. I asked you,
Boys could fall into heels and skirts if they're taught/conditioned to think that it's ok for males to wear heels/skirts and that traditional gender roles should be rejected, couldn't they?

Of course boys will wear what their parents buy them. The point is that if a young boy is raised by a parent or parents that teach him that gender roles are unimportant, that it's ok for boys to wear girls clothes and that they'll even support him wearing girls clothes by buying them for him if he wants, that he could be encouraged to do so. Do you disagree with that?