The Ice Bowl, Part 2: The Official COWBOYS (#3) @ PACKERS (#2) NFC Divisional Playoffs Thread

Who advances to the NFC Championship?

• The visiting Cowboys

Votes: 59 44.4%
  • The hosting Packers

Votes: 74 55.6%

• Total voters

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
anyway the rule is stupid. if a bunch of dudes was playin a game of "backyard football" and this shyt happened. nobody would be sayin incomplete pass. they would say that was a nice catch.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
He wouldn't be down b/c Dez didn't have possession. He was, according to the rules, "going to the ground in the act of catching a pass".

His elbow doesn't matter b/c that would be applying normal possession rules to a different act, e.g., the process of the catch:
Ok but like I said this rule is shyt and needs to be changed and been thought so since the CJ play. Dudes out here dictating what a catch is now smdh. I also don't know how his shyt not a catch but Cobbs was. I think running backs and receivers should have the same rules but them they'd probably fukk some other rule up. Just gotta live with the rules until they are changed and or don't give these dopes a chance to come up with bullshyt "rules" in the first place

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
Ok but like I said this rule is shyt and needs to be changed and been thought so since the CJ play. Dudes out here dictating what a catch is now smdh. I also don't know how his shyt not a catch but Cobbs was. I think running backs and receivers should have the same rules but them they'd probably fukk some other rule up. Just gotta live with the rules until they are changed and or don't give these dopes a chance to come up with bullshyt "rules" in the first place

yeah that cobbs shyt was crazy. clearly hit the ground there but don't hear nobody :cape:about that one :yeshrug:

Ian1362

david ruffin in the flesh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY

With Cobb's (which IMO they could have just as easily ruled otherwise) there wasn't a clear view in which the ball hit the ground. The best view was this:

Where it might have bounced on the ground, but you can't tell if it hit it. By chance Dez's was much closer to a camera where it was easier to see. Refs try to stick with the call on the field, they didn't have a zoomed in version of the above.

swyyyguy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Texas
anyway the rule is stupid. if a bunch of dudes was playin a game of "backyard football" and this shyt happened. nobody would be sayin incomplete pass. they would say that was a nice catch.
i agree that the rule is stupid but it is what it is and the rule is what makes the call a correct call. :yeshrug:
besides, one call doesn't decide the game! :mjlol:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
With Cobb's (which IMO they could have just as easily ruled otherwise) there wasn't a clear view in which the ball hit the ground. The best view was this:

Where it might have bounced on the ground, but you can't tell if it hit it. By chance Dez's was much closer to a camera where it was easier to see. Refs try to stick with the call on the field, they didn't have a zoomed in version of the above.
True but I thought with the steps Dez took and stuff they would come to a similar thought guess not. Oh well

Daps
check the scoreboard

Sounds%20of%20Ether.jpg
:ahh: