The Ice Bowl, Part 2: The Official COWBOYS (#3) @ PACKERS (#2) NFC Divisional Playoffs Thread

Who advances to the NFC Championship?

• The visiting Cowboys

Votes: 59 44.4%
  • The hosting Packers

Votes: 74 55.6%

• Total voters

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
10923537_1590385564513775_5203846540577631385_n.jpg
is that the Apex jersey from the mid 90s?? :pachaha:

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
Even though I hate the Cowboys, they've been so irrelevant over the years my hate for them has dissipated to the point I can speak objectively about them.

:wow:

With that said, I agree with the reversal.

I'm looking at it like this, not every "catch" is a reception. That's why there's rules, too eliminate gray area.

To me, it looked like Dez caught the ball, but in trying to leap across the goal line, lost possession.

It's like if you can catch a pass but if you don't get both feet down, it's not a reception.

Picture this: A receiver catches a pass on one foot near the sideline. He hold this pose for a full 10 seconds without ever putting his second foot down. Then he puts his 2nd foot down out of bounds. Is it a catch? Yes. Is it a reception? No. Because he did not complete the process of a reception.

I liken Dez's play to trying to running before you catch the ball. The most important thing in that play for Dallas was making the catch and getting the 1st.He got ahead of himself and ended up losing the ball before he completed the process of a reception. To me that's a mental error on Dez's part. First secure the ball, then dive for the end zone. :yeshrug:

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Even though I hate the Cowboys, they've been so irrelevant over the years my hate for them has dissipated to the point I can speak objectively about them.

I'm looking at it like this, not every "catch" is a reception. That's why there's rules, too eliminate gray area.

To me, it looked like Dez caught the ball, but in trying to leap across the goal line, lost possession.

It's like if you can catch a pass but if you don't get both feet down, it's not a reception.

Picture this: A receiver catches a pass on one foot near the sideline. He hold this pose for a full 10 seconds without ever putting his second foot down. Then he puts his 2nd foot down out of bounds. Is it a catch? Yes. Is it a reception? No. Because he did not complete the process of a reception.

I liken Dez's play to trying to running before you catch the ball. The most important thing in that play for Dallas was making the catch and getting the 1st.He got ahead of himself and ended up losing the ball before he completed the process of a reception. To me that's a mental error on Dez's part. First secure the ball, then dive for the end zone. :yeshrug:

Perfect

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:obama: