The Ice Bowl, Part 2: The Official COWBOYS (#3) @ PACKERS (#2) NFC Divisional Playoffs Thread

Who advances to the NFC Championship?

• The visiting Cowboys

Votes: 59 44.4%
  • The hosting Packers

Votes: 74 55.6%

• Total voters

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
19f5CVG.jpg

:mjlol:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Even though I hate the Cowboys, they've been so irrelevant over the years my hate for them has dissipated to the point I can speak objectively about them.

:wow:

With that said, I agree with the reversal.

I'm looking at it like this, not every "catch" is a reception. That's why there's rules, too eliminate gray area.

To me, it looked like Dez caught the ball, but in trying to leap across the goal line, lost possession.

It's like if you can catch a pass but if you don't get both feet down, it's not a reception.

Picture this: A receiver catches a pass on one foot near the sideline. He hold this pose for a full 10 seconds without ever putting his second foot down. Then he puts his 2nd foot down out of bounds. Is it a catch? Yes. Is it a reception? No. Because he did not complete the process of a reception.

I liken Dez's play to trying to running before you catch the ball. The most important thing in that play for Dallas was making the catch and getting the 1st.He got ahead of himself and ended up losing the ball before he completed the process of a reception. To me that's a mental error on Dez's part. First secure the ball, then dive for the end zone. :yeshrug:

Except, he caught the ball, had control when switched to left securely (possession), with both feet hitting the ground while he had possession (the steps).

I think the way that they are TRYING to interpret the rule is that you must have solid ground in order for it to be a catch, and even though he took steps, by him stumbling, it continues the process of the catch. But that is in conflict of the "dragging the feet" for out-of-bounds. Scenario - Basically, they are trying to say that if you are contacted in the air and make the catch, if you go to run but stumble, those yards don't count...even if you stumble for 7-8 yards (which does happen). If you drop the ball by falling to the ground after 7-8 yards of stumbling, it's a drop. What constitutes a football move?

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
Except, he caught the ball, had control when switched to left securely (possession), with both feet hitting the ground while he had possession (the steps).

I think the way that they are TRYING to interpret the rule is that you must have solid ground in order for it to be a catch, and even though he took steps, by him stumbling, it continues the process of the catch. But that is in conflict of the "dragging the feet" for out-of-bounds. Scenario - Basically, they are trying to say that if you are contacted in the air and make the catch, if you go to run but stumble, those yards don't count...even if you stumble for 7-8 yards (which does happen). If you drop the ball by falling to the ground after 7-8 yards of stumbling, it's a drop. What constitutes a football move?

The way I see it, they want you to have full control of something, either your body or the ball. Had he established himself, no problem. Had he held onto the ball, no problem. But when you're stumbling and the ball comes out... :yeshrug:

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The way I see it, they want you to have full control of something, either your body or the ball. Had he established himself, no problem. Had he held onto the ball, no problem. But when you're stumbling and the ball comes out... :yeshrug:

Ball didn't move til he was down. Right arm was down after 3 steps. Fumble maybe if anything