The Ice Bowl, Part 2: The Official COWBOYS (#3) @ PACKERS (#2) NFC Divisional Playoffs Thread

Who advances to the NFC Championship?

• The visiting Cowboys

Votes: 59 44.4%
  • The hosting Packers

Votes: 74 55.6%

• Total voters

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
B7GslDzIAAEugW9.jpg

Daps
he caught the ball switched hands put the other arm down and clearly lunged for the TD.

I agree it was a catch and then a dive for the goal line, but that's not what the league ruled, so him crossing the goal line would not matter. They ruled he was going to the ground so he would've had to maintain possession throughout. Doesn't matter if it's in the field of play, the end zone or falling out of bounds. You must maintain possession thru the fall if you are falling to the ground whilst making a catch.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
I agree it was a catch and then a dive for the goal line, but that's not what the league ruled, so him crossing the goal line would not matter. They ruled he was going to the ground so he would've had to maintain possession throughout. Doesn't matter if it's in the field of play, the end zone or falling out of bounds. You must maintain possession thru the fall if you are falling to the ground whilst making a catch.

yeah i know. its just sad.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
The rule doesn't apply to Dez catch idiots
He caught the ball, had possession, and right arm hit ground before left arm with ball. Thus he was already down
the nfl is saying that he was falling the entire play after he landed. so the "process" was not completed. the fall was apart of the attempt at possession i guess. but it is what it is. done wit the nfl

Last edited: