The Ice Bowl, Part 2: The Official COWBOYS (#3) @ PACKERS (#2) NFC Divisional Playoffs Thread

Who advances to the NFC Championship?

• The visiting Cowboys

Votes: 59 44.4%
  • The hosting Packers

Votes: 74 55.6%

• Total voters

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
HE "caught it" but he didn't complete the process of the catch going to the ground, which is the crux of this rule. The ball popped out at the end clear as day. That's a textbook incomplete pass. In real-time it looked like a clean catch, but when you slow it down it's clear he hadn't established possession all the way to the ground because it fell out.

:dahell:

Yes he did have possession... he actually took 2.5 steps with the ball in ONE fukking hand. And used that hand with the ball to stretch for he td. You can't stretch for a td holding a ball you don't possess. the process was already complete prior to...

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What they say last week. :troll:

That wasn't the deciding factor. :troll:

The cowboys had plenty of chances to win the game :troll:

If dallas scores that just gives aaron rodgers time to get the ball back and score again and win the game :troll:

KARMA fukk nikkaS
:sas1:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You have to complete the process of the catch all the way to the ground. This was the most open and shut "controversial call" I've ever seen. It gets made every single week, and it's common as fukk. Can't believe people really shocked by the reversal. I could feel it coming n/h

So basically you've never played sports....

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
I'm not a Cowboy fan. I dont even like Dez like that. But can the haters show me where the ball ever touches the ground? At what point should this play have been called dead?

dez2.0.gif

Even if you ignore everything prior to him falling, the play was still live.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
HE "caught it" but he didn't complete the process of the catch going to the ground, which is the crux of this rule. The ball popped out at the end clear as day. That's a textbook incomplete pass. In real-time it looked like a clean catch, but when you slow it down it's clear he hadn't established possession all the way to the ground because it fell out.
he had possession of the ball. it doesn't even start moving away from him until he hit the ground. they got screwed.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell:

Yes he did have possession... he actually took 2.5 steps with the ball in ONE fukking hand. And used that hand with the ball to stretch for he td. You can't stretch for a td hold a ball you don't possess.

You don't have possession until you complete the process going to the ground. It pops out when it hits the ground before he ever secured it all the way, then goes back in his hands when he goes for the stretch. The refs followed the rule exactly.

TOP LAD

WOAH, HEY GUYS WELCOME TO EB GAMES /COPY THAT/
Daps
Reppin
LORDE
I'm not a Cowboy fan. I dont even like Dez like that. But can the haters show me where the ball ever touches the ground? At what point should this play have been called dead?

dez2.0.gif

Even if you ignore everything prior to him falling, the play was still live.

>implying the ball didn't hit the ground?

KVNzD.jpg

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he had possession of the ball. it doesn't even start moving away from him until he hit the ground. they got screwed.

:skip: THis is exactly why it's incomplete. You can't lose control when you hit the ground when you go down, which he did. Have you guys never seen this call made or something? :heh: This happens like once a game.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You don't have possession until you complete the process going to the ground. It pops out when it hits the ground before he ever secured it all the way, then goes back in his hands when he goes for the stretch. The refs followed the rule exactly.

Possession was already established
Ref even said it was

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Possession was already established
Ref even said it was