The Ice Bowl, Part 2: The Official COWBOYS (#3) @ PACKERS (#2) NFC Divisional Playoffs Thread

Who advances to the NFC Championship?

• The visiting Cowboys

Votes: 59 44.4%
  • The hosting Packers

Votes: 74 55.6%

• Total voters

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
You don't have possession until you complete the process going to the ground. It pops out when it hits the ground before he ever secured it all the way, then goes back in his hands when he goes for the stretch. The refs followed the rule exactly.
I can't believe ppl are still arguing this shyt. If you don't know this rule by now, then you're either a very casual fan of football, or a complete idiot. It's happened so many times over the past few years, that knowing the catch was gonna be overturned should've already been expected when they went to break for the review.

Like I said earlier, hate the rule all you want, but it was applied correctly in this situation. I think (most) Cowboys fans know it deep down, they're just mad, and need a scapegoat. So be it.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
I can't believe ppl are still arguing this shyt. If you don't know this rule by now, then you're either a very casual fan of football, or a complete idiot. It's happened so many times over the past few years, that knowing the catch was gonna be overturned should've already been expected when they went to break for the review.

Like I said earlier, hate the rule all you want, but it was applied correctly in this situation. I think (most) Cowboys fans know it deep down, they're just mad, and need a scapegoat. So be it.

Nicca. He caught it. Secured it. Possessed it. tooks steps with the ball in one hand. and stretched the secured and possessed ball across the goaline. Fukk outta here. :camby:

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:heh: That's the thing, it's obvious as fukk. It's not like it was a facemask that wasn't called; it wasn't a roughing the passer or something like that, it was a pretty open and shut replay.

Maybe if wife fukker didn't fumble when he had a wide open runway the dynamics of the game would've changed.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Contribute something meaningful to the convo homeboy. Negged.

But yeah, it's possible a part of Dez's body touched before the his outstretched hand with the secured ball hit. Cant tell from the views.

Yup his right hand

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's one play I can't figure out fo shyt....one second it looked like he just stumbled, the next second it looks like he was trying to dive into the endzone:patrice:

Since it was ruled a catch on the field, it should've stayed a catch:yeshrug:............ahhhh fukk it, I don't know:mjcry:

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Nicca. He caught it. Secured it. Possessed it. tooks steps with the ball in one hand. and stretched the secured and possessed ball across the goaline. Fukk outta here. :camby:
Yes, he caught it, secured it, and possessed it...but then he didn't. You don't seem to understand the concept of "completing the catch". He didn't catch it on the run. He caught it in the air, and stumbled forward to the ground. That means he has to keep possession the entire time. When he hit the ground, the ball hit the ground and popped loose. I repeat, the ball HIT THE GROUND, and POPPED LOOSE. That's not maintaining possession. But if you've been watching football close enough the past few years, you already knew that, and you're arguing just to argue.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Mike pereira was getting very defensive and :umad: that he was being questioned. He came on trying to present this case like its completely black and white and it's not. The rules try their best to remove opinion and even common sense from the equation but no matter how you write the rules, things will never be completely black and white.

Glad the Cowboys lost though :manny:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Yes, he caught it, secured it, and possessed it...but then he didn't. You don't seem to understand the concept of "completing the catch". He didn't catch it on the run. He caught it in the air, and stumbled forward to the ground. That means he has to keep possession the entire time. When he hit the ground, the ball hit the ground and popped loose. I repeat, the ball HIT THE GROUND, and POPPED LOOSE. That's not maintaining possession. But if you've been watching football close enough the past few years, you already knew that, and you're arguing just to argue.

Again. A caught, secured, possessed ball completed the catch process while Dez took 2.5 steps if not 3 falling forward and outstretched his arm following the completed catch process to try to score. :camby: