The Ice Bowl, Part 2: The Official COWBOYS (#3) @ PACKERS (#2) NFC Divisional Playoffs Thread

Who advances to the NFC Championship?

• The visiting Cowboys

Votes: 59 44.4%
  • The hosting Packers

Votes: 74 55.6%

• Total voters

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You don't have possession until you complete the process going to the ground. It pops out when it hits the ground before he ever secured it all the way, then goes back in his hands when he goes for the stretch. The refs followed the rule exactly.
he took 2.5 steps with the ball in his hands lost his balance and fell to the ground. him going to the ground wasn't part of the catch.

TOP LAD

WOAH, HEY GUYS WELCOME TO EB GAMES /COPY THAT/
Daps
Reppin
LORDE
:skip: THis is exactly why it's incomplete. You can't lose control when you hit the ground when you go down, which he did. Have you guys never seen this call made or something? :heh: This happens like once a game.

nikkas don't know the rules now

lmfaoooo

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You don't have possession until you complete the process going to the ground. It pops out when it hits the ground before he ever secured it all the way, then goes back in his hands when he goes for the stretch. The refs followed the rule exactly.

Possession was already established
Ref even said it was

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Possession was already established
Ref even said it was

I meant possession in the sense of being a live runner. A receiver can have "possession" for like one or two seconds on a slant, but if he muffs the ball it still gets ruled a drop if he only has possession for 75% of the play. Dez made a hell of a play but when he went down it popped out, that's the way the rule is.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

The rule only applies if it is all one continuous process. He had possession prior to diving for the goal, in which case the correct challenge should be fumble (which lead to a TD) or TD. He took 2-3 steps, heading for the goal..then dove. Hell, he even switched it to his left hand...where he clearly established possession.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
image.jpg

:russ: at the fact they're all crying in the car right now.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The rule only applies if it is all one continuous process. He had possession prior to diving for the goal, in which case the correct challenge should be fumble (which lead to a TD) or TD. He took 2-3 steps, heading for the goal..then dove. Hell, he even switched it to his left hand...where he clearly established possession.

I don't ever think he ended to dive for the end zone he was off balance on the second step and just fell, it wasn't a football move like people are suggesting

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
You have to complete the process of the catch all the way to the ground. This was the most open and shut "controversial call" I've ever seen. It gets made every single week, and it's common as fukk. Can't believe people really shocked by the reversal. I could feel it coming n/h
These nikkas don't watch football. It's clear

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
damn. i thought it was a catch regardless. fukking wild

def reminds me of C. Johnson
i thought it was a catch too...but it reminds me of the Calvin Johnson shyt so nah....it aint a catch based on that. This call rules out INTs and catches all the time so I aint surprised. Whether it hit the ground or not...cant see from the gifs in here but i do remember thinking it hit the ground in the first few replays. Seems more like it was dez that jarred it loose though not the ground.

IN ANY CASE

fukk the Cowboys :blessed:

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I meant possession in the sense of being a live runner. A receiver can have "possession" for like one or two seconds on a slant, but if he muffs the ball it still gets ruled a drop if he only has possession for 75% of the play. Dez made a hell of a play but when he went down it popped out, that's the way the rule is.

What you saying is a fumble friend