The Gym’s 2019 Summer Challenge: 12 Weeks

Silent_H

Banned
Daps
Shyt...I didn't know we had this thread poppin'. I know I'm too late, but fukk it, I'm gonna cutting down with all of you here. Started back in March at 215, but my weight as of 6/9 was 201.8. Currently at 199.8. Goal weight by August 25 is 180, shredded. Let's go!

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know I haven't posted but my scale needed new batteries about to pick some up now...I've been carb loading really hard this weekend before this cut.

Negus in Detroit

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Weighted myself yesterday morning I’m up to 167 my body fat percentage went up from 13.4 to 13.8 I’ve been slacking on the cardio last week and I’m probably not making it any better at eating Hot Cheetos and other BS today This week I’m definitely going hard on cardio the goal for right now is to get below 13 percent body fat before the beginning of next month

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
My home scale wgt started at 253.

I got down to about 236 3 weeks ago.

Im guessing my scale got damaged in the car, cuz after that weigh in the readings been way off (in the 180-190 range).

Judging by changes in my body and how my clothes were fitting I was estimating that I had got down to between 226-229.

Well, I jumped on the scale at the gym and that shyt said 246.

Even with putting on some muscle, theres no way I only dropped 7 pounds (If my home scale starting weight is correct).

So, I don't even know how much weight Ive really lost.

But, for the purpose of this thread Ill track my progress using that 246 as a measuring stick.

Tried 425 on the Deadlift Friday Morning, didn't get it.

Ran 1.5 Miles this morning (bout 17 mins).

Ran at an easy pace, HR read 147 when I finished.

Might wake up early before work and hit the gym, depending on when I fall asleep tho.

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm currently at 280 right now but would love to get down to 230-240. I'm a solid 280 and I dont look 280 but I am lol.

I'm pretty strong (625 deadlift max, 515 squat max, 350 cnj max) but I have to drop this weight. I'm getting tired of people asking me if I'm a football player when I played bball growing up lol..plus to prevent any health issues.

Crossfit is my current workout regimen. I need to get back to playing bball too

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
the equations are pretty simple. There's your basal metabolic rate (bmr) which is a scientific equation that let's you know based your age weight, weight, how many calories you burn daily just existing. If you factor in activity levels, then workouts, and caloric intake you can get it down to a science.
I don't like BMR or online calculations. The body is so individual and adaptive. For example I find that when I get deep in a deficit my maintenance calories drop by like 500kcal/day. If I just went by the calculators I'd never lose weight. So they give a good starting point but I wouldn't treat them as gospel.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For example I find that when I get deep in a deficit my maintenance calories drop by like 500kcal/day. If I just went by the calculators I'd never lose weight.

What exactly do you mean you'd never lose weight?

Because your body adapts those calculations change. So even when you lose weight, once you lose a significant amount or some people say every 5 or every 10 you should re-evaluate (recalculate with your new current weight)

Once you have your bmr. You have to eat within range to maintain it, and simply, add calories or burn less to gain or eat less or burn more to lose.

Also the body itself will hold a weight, it'll plateau just like hitting a max on a bench, sometimes you have to just work with it and push through other times you'll need to utilize variables which will create change.

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Had a pretty good day of working out. I usually do two a days, so I get to the gym by 6am and usually go back around 6pm. Hit some weights, ran a bit, and did two wods. Time to eat stretch and then rest..of course wash too lol